Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7975
View in linear mode

Subject: "How to install a Neuspeed Bar w/Cruise Control on your 2GNT!" Previous topic | Next topic
My9t5TalonMar-25-02 06:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7975, "How to install a Neuspeed Bar w/Cruise Control on your 2GNT!"

O.k., I'm to impatient to wait for someone else to do this (with this being my very first mod to the car...besides switching out the stock headlite bulbs for some from Hiper Industries...), so I went ahead and did it by myself...hope this helps some of you...leave me some feedback!!!

Here is how I went about doing my install on my '95 Talon ESi w/ Cruise control...

1. Checked out HadesOmega's install (to get an idea of what I was getting myself into)...he has good pictures on his site of what the components look like and also the sizes of bolts, and the 65 ft/lbs. torque measurement...worth checking out!!! Actually...I recommend it before you even start this!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291960891

2. First things first...pop the hood and look around...make sure you have the necessary tools...I used:

10 mm socket
11 mm socket
13 mm socket
17 mm socket
WD40
Breaker Bar
Torque Wrench

And keep the plastic on the bar...will make for a clean install.

3. Loosen up the battery tie (13 mm) and bring it as much forward as you can

4. Locate the brake fluid resevoir (between 2 relays and the windshield washer fluid resevoir). Replace the upper 2 bolts (I believe these were 13 mm) with bolts, washers, and spacers that came with the bar...starting from the firewall, it should go...SPACER, MOUNT, WASHER, then BOLT.

5. See those two relays (ignition relays???) next to it?...disconnect them (either 10 or 11 mm) and bend the mount ever so slightly so when you hook the relays back up...they will be tucked under the firewall just a bit, don't forget to hook them back up!

6. Get those big nuts off (17 mm) of where the bar will be mounted. This is where I used the breaker bar and some WD40...those nuts were on there pretty darn good...

7. Now if you try to fit the bar, you'll notice a problem with the washer fluid resevoir...most people just take that bolt out and leave it out, but I thought...if you have spacers for the brake fluid resevoir...why not the washer fluid too??? I found a bolt with the same head size, but about 1/2 inch longer (or so...), grabbed 1/2 inch spacer and some thin, small washers...and just experimented for awhile with the spacing...now I'm able to keep the washer fluid resivoir just in front of the bar, so I can still fill up the bottle!

8. Now position the bar...it should clear the cruise control box(I had absoluetly no problems with it...it's just sitting on it, I think) and make sure everything else clears. If not...better fix it up now...

9. Put the bar all the way on and grab the Torque wrench...65 ft/lbs. for the big nuts...I went from 45 to 55 then finally to 65...just to be sure they get on there all the way. Now the bar is installed!!!

10. Last notes: Remove the plastic wrap carefully...and you're finally done!!! Took me about 2 1/2 hours to finish up everything (including the experimenting)...why are you still sitting here reading this...take your car out...show off your stuff and test drive it!!!

I really hope this helps everyone out...and post this up on the BIG 2GNT.com web site for everyone to see, please???...any other questions...feel free to e-mail me!

William 'Tha.Will' McGroarty

~*Roary*~
Sick Skillz

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

vegasdsmrMar-25-02 06:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7976, "RE: How to install a Neuspeed Bar w/Cruise Control on your 2GNT!"
In response to Reply # 0

i had to drop my cc control box down about an incha nd a half for clearance.

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

My9t5TalonMar-27-02 02:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#7977, "RE: How to install a Neuspeed Bar w/Cruise Control on your 2GNT!"
In response to Reply # 1

I guess no one is finding this helpful???...oh well, I tried!

William 'Tha.Will' McGroarty

~*Roary*~
Sick Skillz

Hurricane_GSMar-28-02 04:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
613 posts,
#7978, "RE: How to install a Neuspeed Bar w/Cruise Control on your 2GNT!"
In response to Reply # 2

I am sure people will find it useful!

I removed the 2 upper bolts from the CC unit and let it hang at an angle until I can make a bracket for it. I did not want to wait to install it and I only had 20 minutes to do it in last night.

"Don't worry, I'm fluent in weirdo."
Hurricane_GS
eclipse@gcni.net
AKA: Glenn H. Shelton III
Saint Cloud, FL
1997 Eclipse GS Non-Turbo
http://eclipse.greenliquid.com
---------------------
Front Upper Strut Bar
Rear Upper Strut Bar
Custom Lower Front Tie Bar
Custom Lower Rear Tie Bar
AEM Cold Air Intake
Pace Setter Muffler
Custom Short Shifter (Only $40 - Email me for info! eclipse@gcni.net)
Smoke Tinted Clear Tail Lights
Custom Illuminated Center Tail
Tokico Blues
Eibach Pro Kit
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar

On the way:
Nothing

Hurricane_GS
AKA: Glenn H. Shelton III
Saint Cloud, FL
1997 Eclipse GS Non-Turbo
eclipse@greenliquid.com
http://www.hurricanegs.com

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7975 Previous topic | Next topic