Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #675
View in linear mode

Subject: "Prokits vs. Sportlines" Previous topic | Next topic
KoryFeb-09-01 03:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#675, "Prokits vs. Sportlines"

Hey guys, I have sportlines right now and they are too low for me for everyday driving but sure looks nice tho!

What are the diff. of prokits vs sportlines? Stiffer ratings? etc?

thanks

"RACECAR backwards is RACECAR!"

Kory
korynguyen@yahoo.com
Happy Honda Hunting!

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamDeanoDFeb-09-01 04:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#676, "The only difference I could tell was the drop"
In response to Reply # 0

Two of our club members have the pro kit and the sportlines. The ride quality seemed pretty much the same(both have tokico HP struts). The only difference I could tell was in the drop and the amount of camber that had to be taken out. The overall difference was about .5 of an inch in height.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SkrillaFeb-09-01 05:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#677, "RE: Prokits vs. Sportlines"
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 09-Feb-01 AT 10:45 AM (PST)

I know 7 people just in my area who have either Prokits or Sportlines who I talk to on a regular basis. I used to wonder which one I wanted to get, but they perform to what struts you're looking for. The sportlines were designed for a slight amount of stiffness over stock but mostly to eliminate all wheel gap. When I 1st called Eibach that is the information I got. The Prokits are what the name says.
"After the Sportlines sell enough it warrants the developement of a Kit of Professional springs for a little more performance, we call them the Prokit Series" they don't lower as much but are stiffer than the Sportlines. Anyway I've seen these in person as well as discussed them on DSM Tuning with Turbos and AWD owners, mostly of which live in my area. Most turbos in my area have either Prokits on KYB AGX or Illuminas. Some have the expensive Tein of HP complete coilover for raising and dropping for rallies or use Groung Controls with Illuminas or KYB. Anyway I Got the GC when the price was right. When I got my adapter for my front GC for use on umolested Tokicos they told me their springs were developed from the stiffer Prokit spings.

BTW Kory here are my spring rates for my Ground Control Slip Over Coil Overs: 450 in front and 250 in the rear. I called GC and asked them to give me a comparison between my GC CO spring rates and Eibach Prokit Springs -Get This- he told me they are about 3 times stiffer.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

KoryFeb-12-01 07:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
#678, "Thanks skrilla!"
In response to Reply # 2

it seems like 450 and 250 is a bit weird combo. That galant must have been an AWD. Do you find urself understeering alot?

How hard are the GCs to raise and lower? If I go with them, i'd go with 275F and 250R. I already have tockico illuminas and F n R ST sways... don't want it too stiff! If I have to live with only 1-1.5 inch of drop i think i can handle it. I might change to koni yellows :}

"RACECAR backwards is RACECAR!"

Kory
korynguyen@yahoo.com
Happy Honda Hunting!

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

SkrillaFeb-12-01 03:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#679, "Happy to help..."
In response to Reply # 3

LAST EDITED ON 12-Feb-01 AT 08:40 PM (PST)

Now way 275 and 250, trust me you need the extra power of the stiffer springs in the front for a reason: our weight distribution is ~60/40 driven by the front wheels so the heavier weighted springs are to support the front. If you want to help oversteer/understeer simply adjust your Illuminas settings. For me after speaking with Juan on the phone I lightened the load in the rear on my Tokicos to the 1st setting (1) and my fronts are on 3. This helps to minimize my tail happy nature with my car on my RMDSM GSX sway bars. The previous GC owner had the 4 cylinder NT. Another example of the spring setup I think is a good example was in DAZZ Motorsports Integra Type R. They had 1000lb/in and 600/lb/in. Definitely not for the street but it's just to show you that the extra weight are for the correct balance. At 275 and 250 you car will not properly handle TRUST ME. Besides I bet if you tell them that at Ground Control they will highly question WHY. It may seem weird but that's how it is setup for front wheel driven cars. It's based on the driving wheels and weight distribution. For the GSX they are 500 and 400. The weight is more controlled because of the AWD drivetrain but still biased toward the front because 60%+ of the weight is there.

BTW the GC are pretty easy to raise and lower. Just screw their caps up or down individually for each wheel and tighten with an allen wrench or their special wrench they sometimes supply. I think it's quite simple. Everytime you change the hieght, though, it must be aligned. So find your height and leave it there and you're good to go.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #675 Previous topic | Next topic