Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #461
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Rims and Tires help need advice... also offset help more..." Previous topic | Next topic
pn0ymahalJan-20-01 06:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#461, "Rims and Tires help need advice... also offset help more..."

hello, i was 1st wondering, what kind of tires i should go with if im going with 17s or 18s? mostly 18 in rims ? also what kind of offset should i get? and as of tires, which ones will work as far as performance and lasting me a long time so on and wont rub or as i have heard? i have eibach pro kit springs tokico shocks... so what kind of tires and rims with offset should i look into when buying rims/tires? anyone got any hook ups on 5 zigen rims? thanks michael 99gs

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-21-01 11:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#462, "RE: Rims and Tires help need advice... also offset help more..."
In response to Reply # 0

I dont know, but I think this site has decent deals. http://www.autoimaging.com/

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

cyanJan-21-01 11:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#463, "RE: Rims and Tires help need advice... also offset help more..."
In response to Reply # 0

dont worry about offset, lots of people on this board i have noticed hear the word and freak out not knowing what it means, but i you are buying wheels, the shop that sells them to you will send you the correct measurements, and if they dont, you dont need to buy from them. with 18s, get either a 225/40 or 215/40. some get 225/35s but thats pushing it with a car that weighs as much as ours do. so far i have had no problems with my 35s though. as for tire brand...i owned a set of pirelli p7000s whcih were really good for the short while i had them, but i have owned two sets of Nitto NT555's. the first were 225/40/ZR18s which presented rubbing problems in the rear but it only cost me $20 to get the fenders cut. the set i have now are 225/35/ZR19s and the small sidewalls have not caused any problems yet. just keep the tire pressure good on any set you get. other tires that i haev heard are good but i havent owned: all Toyo, Nitto, and Pirelli are a given. the Yokohama A520s are good as well as the Falkens. with a rim 18" or more i would suggest sticking to high performance tires and stay away from big name manufacturers like michelin, goodyear, and obviously, firestone. nothin wrong with those brands (excepting firestone, hehe) but nitto and yokohama base their profits on selling larger tire sizes.
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Teameclipse804Jan-21-01 12:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#464, "RE: Rims and Tires help need advice... also offset help more..."
In response to Reply # 2

LAST EDITED ON 21-Jan-01 AT 05:50 PM (PST)

As far as tires go, I hear that Nitto NT450 are the worst. This only applies to the NT450 which most tire shops offer. They usually say you can get either Nitto or Falken, and everyone says to go with the Falken. But overall, I hear the Pirelli P7000 are very good but much more expensive.

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

pn0ymahalJan-21-01 03:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#465, "hey Cyan more..."
In response to Reply # 2

hey dude, with your 228/40zr18s was that the pirelli p7000? how good were they in wet and dry surface? also was this the size that was rubbing? how was the 215/40zr18s? i have a system in the back, does that make a difference? how are kumhos on our cars ? also who could cut it for us? thanks michael 99gs

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

eclipse_gsJan-22-01 05:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#466, "RE: hey Cyan more..."
In response to Reply # 4

I have 17 inch Kumho's and I'm very happy with their wet/dry performance.

cyanJan-22-01 08:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#467, "RE: hey Cyan more..."
In response to Reply # 4

no the 225's were the nitto nt555's, the 215's were the pirelli p7000s. they were both excellent tires i could tell no difference in performance between the two. the nittos were the ones rubbing but i had it cut then so i dont know if the pirellis would have rubbed. the pirelli sidewalls are 10% thinner than the 225 nittos
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

cyanJan-22-01 08:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#468, "RE: hey Cyan more..."
In response to Reply # 4

you can get any body shop to cut the fenders for you

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #461 Previous topic | Next topic