Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33836
View in linear mode

Subject: "Picked up some suspension goodies today." Previous topic | Next topic
mgleason007Jul-05-14 08:54 PM
Member since May 18th 2014
16 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33836, "Picked up some suspension goodies today."

I have a love/hate relationship with our pull-your-part. I love going out there and taking things apart. I hate how the bill always ends up being higher than I think it should. I grabbed the rear suspension out of a 3g. Most of the walk-throughs I read say that you need a spacer for the sway bar. It looks like the 3g rear subframe is the same as ours, except it has the spacer for the sway bar already welded up (obviously). I hope that I'm right, or I wasted $40 on the subframe ON HALF OFF DAY! The whole set up was a tick under $100.

Pic:

It looks like the bracket that attaches to the knuckle on the upper control arm could use some more beef. I plan on welding it a little better and powder coating it. Mom would have a stroke if I used her oven, so I guess I'll be calling around to get this stuff pc'ed.

Every FSM you could need: http://www.mediafire.com/?9biig6zdk4j3x

Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
There is no such thing as owning too many tools.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33836 Previous topic | Next topic