Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33822
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rs 420a" Previous topic | Next topic
IrateloweryAug-12-13 11:28 PM
Member since Aug 12th 2013
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33822, "Rs 420a"

I'm new to eclipse's and wondering what aftermarket stuff to go with for a mild lowering of the car it is a 99rs also how would I go about converting the rear brakes from drum to disc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratortekleinAug-13-13 12:53 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#33824, "RE: Rs 420a"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome!

As far as mild lowering, you want to stick with name brand is the biggest part. Your whole car and the safety of others rides on them. Id stick with Eibach, Tein, Megan, etc. for lowering springs. Of course pair then with new shocks (Tokico HP are a good budget for mild lowering). And dont forget the camber issue.

As for the brakes, here is a wiki article: http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Rear_Drum_to_Disc_Conversion

If you go the home page (2gnt.com) and click on Cars, then maintenance and modifications you can drill down through there and find what you need, as well as learn a ton.

Thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IrateloweryAug-14-13 04:05 PM
Member since Aug 12th 2013
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33826, "RE: Rs 420a"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks a lot if you have any more detailed as for exactly what all I would need that would be greatly appreciated thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33822 Previous topic | Next topic