Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33578
View in linear mode

Subject: "camber problem " Previous topic | Next topic
TurbchargdSpydrFeb-09-12 10:48 AM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33578, "camber problem "

Soo, when you drop a car 2 in, shouldn't you have negative camber in the front? (Obviously correct me if I'm wrong) well my car has positive camber in the front!?!? Just some info: Kyb Agx, 19x8 rims wrapped in 225/35/19 tires! My lower control arms; the boot that hooks up with the knuckle is cracking! Much appreciated!

Last of a dying breed...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: camber problem , Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-09-12 12:27 PM, #1
RE: camber problem , TurbchargdSpydr, Feb-09-12 03:42 PM, #2
      RE: camber problem , AdministratorCODE4, Feb-11-12 04:50 PM, #3
           RE: camber problem , TurbchargdSpydr, Feb-12-12 12:53 AM, #4
                RE: camber problem , AdministratorCODE4, Feb-12-12 07:29 AM, #5
                     RE: camber problem , TurbchargdSpydr, Feb-12-12 05:03 PM, #6
                          RE: camber problem , AdministratorCODE4, Feb-12-12 05:17 PM, #7
                               RE: camber problem , TurbchargdSpydr, Feb-13-12 03:38 PM, #8
                                    RE: camber problem , Slo2g, Feb-14-12 11:05 AM, #9
                                         RE: camber problem , TurbchargdSpydr, Feb-14-12 11:40 AM, #10
                                              RE: camber problem , PsychO, Feb-15-12 06:30 AM, #11
                                                   RE: camber problem , TurbchargdSpydr, Feb-16-12 11:31 AM, #12
                                                        RE: camber problem , TurbchargdSpydr, Feb-18-12 09:31 AM, #13

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-09-12 12:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33579, "RE: camber problem "
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by TurbchargdSpydr
Soo, when you drop a car 2 in, shouldn't you have negative camber in the front? (Obviously correct me if I'm wrong) well my car has positive camber in the front!?!? Just some info: Kyb Agx, 19x8 rims wrapped in 225/35/19 tires! My lower control arms; the boot that hooks up with the knuckle is cracking! Much appreciated!

I think you are confusing negative ( /--\ ) and positive ( \--/ ).

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TurbchargdSpydrFeb-09-12 03:42 PM
159 posts,
#33580, "RE: camber problem "
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-09-12 11:37 PM by TurbchargdSpydr

Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by TurbchargdSpydr Soo, when you drop a car 2 in, shouldn't you have negative camber in the front? (Obviously correct me if I'm wrong) well my car has positive camber in the front!?!? Just some info: Kyb Agx, 19x8 rims wrapped in 225/35/19 tires! My lower control arms; the boot that hooks up with the knuckle is cracking! Much appreciated!
I think you are confusing negative ( /--\ ) and positive ( \--/ ).

I was doubting myself in the beginning but I'm positive its positive camber (no pun intended) things got really weird now because I took out the driver side wheel and it has tread wear on the inside and the outside. Its completely bald but the lines are showing on both ends but not the middle! The other passenger side front wheel only has tread wear consistent with positive camber -_- I have a picture that I will upload later tonight and a video of the lower control arms that I have. Thanks again!

Last of a dying breed...

AdministratorCODE4Feb-11-12 04:50 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#33581, "RE: camber problem "
In response to Reply # 2

That treadwear is indicative of underinflated tires.

---

2012 2500HD LML

TurbchargdSpydrFeb-12-12 12:53 AM
159 posts,
#33582, "RE: camber problem "
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by CODE4
That treadwear is indicative of underinflated tires.

I pumped all my tires to 50psi, I did check on them every week. I think the tires where just really old and my control arms are really messed up! Probably replace all the control arms in the front by spring break!

Last of a dying breed...

AdministratorCODE4Feb-12-12 07:29 AM
2552 posts,
#33583, "RE: camber problem "
In response to Reply # 4

50?! Why so high? Were you maxing out the pressure rating of the tire?

---

2012 2500HD LML

TurbchargdSpydrFeb-12-12 05:03 PM
159 posts,
#33584, "RE: camber problem "
In response to Reply # 5

50?! Why so high? Were you maxing out the pressure rating of the tire?

Yes, im pretty sure 50psi is the max, maybe i should be at 40 psi but honestly I have really skinny tires and I get worried sometimes. I had a tire pop on me at 35psi going over a pothole, and ever since, I always pump my tires to 50psi.

Last of a dying breed...

AdministratorCODE4Feb-12-12 05:17 PM
2552 posts,
#33585, "RE: camber problem "
In response to Reply # 6

Well running that high of a tire pressure explains a lot of your past issues with handling or lack there of.

Running that high of a tire pressure is going to create a host of problems that the chassis and suspension was not designed for.

So... just to be clear, you have to accept a degree of poor performance from ride handling, traction, etc. if you continue to run thin-ass tires at such a high pressure.

---

2012 2500HD LML

TurbchargdSpydrFeb-13-12 03:38 PM
159 posts,
#33586, "RE: camber problem "
In response to Reply # 7

Well running that high of a tire pressure explains a lot of your past issues with handling or lack there of. Running that high of a tire pressure is going to create a host of problems that the chassis and suspension was not designed for. So... just to be clear, you have to accept a degree of poor performance from ride handling, traction, etc. if you continue to run thin-ass tires at such a high pressure.

The previous handling issues were due to a very very, very worn out bushing in the back shock absorbers! At one point it was metal on metal contact! But what psi do you recommend running them on?! Thanks for you feedback btw!

Last of a dying breed...

Slo2gFeb-14-12 11:05 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#33587, "RE: camber problem "
In response to Reply # 8
Feb-14-12 11:07 AM by Slo2g

I run my tires around 38-40 for every day driving. The best thing to do is honestly look at your tires every now and then. They will tell you whether or not they are being run with too much or too little air. Normally too much is wear in the center only and too little is wear like you showed a picture of.

TurbchargdSpydrFeb-14-12 11:40 AM
159 posts,
#33588, "RE: camber problem "
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by Slo2g
I run my tires around 38-40 for every day driving. The best thing to do is honestly look at your tires every now and then. They will tell you whether or not they are being run with too much or too little air. Normally too much is wear in the center only and too little is wear like you showed a picture of.

I see what you mean, ill take them down to 40psi and see how they feel. Thanks!!

Last of a dying breed...

PsychOFeb-15-12 06:30 AM
Member since Jun 10th 2004
166 posts,
#33589, "RE: camber problem "
In response to Reply # 10

That looks like negative camber with excessive toe in, also.

TurbchargdSpydrFeb-16-12 11:31 AM
159 posts,
#33590, "RE: camber problem "
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by PsychO
That looks like negative camber with excessive toe in, also.

I wouldn't be surprised, because its only happening on the front drivers side, and that's the side where I unbolted the upper control arm. I'm assuming that's why its off!

Last of a dying breed...

TurbchargdSpydrFeb-18-12 09:31 AM
159 posts,
#33591, "RE: camber problem "
In response to Reply # 12

So funny update!! It turns out the gauge on my mini air compressor is not accurate! I went into autozone yesterday looking for a gasket and I saw a tire pressure gauge..so I picked it up and the 50psi I was talking about could very well have been 30psi -_-

Last of a dying breed...

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33578 Previous topic | Next topic