Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33049
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lowering Springs " Previous topic | Next topic
JoshDSMNov-24-10 03:42 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33049, "Lowering Springs "

Ok so im wanting to know what springs are lower the H&R Race spring or the H&R sport spring? I have gold lines on my car right now with stock gst rims and the drop is not cutting it, i want to have very little wheel gap what should i do

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Lowering Springs , AdministratorCODE4, Nov-24-10 05:43 PM, #1
RE: Lowering Springs , JoshDSM, Nov-24-10 07:35 PM, #2
      RE: Lowering Springs , 420agreenvilleSC, Nov-24-10 10:48 PM, #3
           RE: Lowering Springs , JoshDSM, Nov-25-10 10:50 AM, #4
                RE: Lowering Springs , Ebster1085, Nov-25-10 08:19 PM, #5
                     RE: Lowering Springs , JoshDSM, Nov-25-10 08:31 PM, #6
                          RE: Lowering Springs , electrohead, Nov-25-10 09:19 PM, #7
                               RE: Lowering Springs , JoshDSM, Nov-26-10 01:04 PM, #8
                                    RE: Lowering Springs , Ebster1085, Nov-26-10 02:05 PM, #9
                                         RE: Lowering Springs , jdm1990, Nov-27-10 01:01 AM, #10
                                              RE: Lowering Springs , freelancefool, Nov-30-10 07:55 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Lowering Springs , JoshDSM, Nov-30-10 01:10 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Lowering Springs , jdm1990, Nov-30-10 04:15 PM, #13
                                                             RE: Lowering Springs , shuwa29, Dec-12-10 10:57 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Lowering Springs , JoshDSM, Dec-12-10 04:47 PM, #15
                                                                       RE: Lowering Springs , jdm1990, Dec-12-10 05:50 PM, #16
                                                                            RE: Lowering Springs , shuwa29, Dec-12-10 07:21 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: Lowering Springs , JoshDSM, Dec-12-10 09:16 PM, #18
                                                                                      RE: Lowering Springs , scorpo86, Feb-05-12 06:52 PM, #19
                                                                                           RE: Lowering Springs , jamesnmandy, Apr-21-12 09:07 AM, #20
                                                                                                RE: Lowering Springs , Sorry_i_Win, Apr-24-12 07:19 AM, #21
RE: Lowering Springs , predsfan029, Jun-10-12 02:38 PM, #22
RE: Lowering Springs , AdministratorCODE4, Jun-10-12 02:47 PM, #23
RE: Lowering Springs , twelve_16, Jul-18-12 10:37 PM, #24
      RE: Lowering Springs , BoostedEclipse, Jul-19-12 09:18 PM, #25

AdministratorCODE4Nov-24-10 05:43 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33050, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 0

If you would check their website, it specifically shows you the drop.

http://hrsprings.com/scripts/appguide.php?Mode=Make+Guide&SubMode=Find3&MakeID=28

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JoshDSMNov-24-10 07:35 PM
69 posts,
#33051, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks, i was also asking if anyone has any personal exp. with any of the things i listed, i saw a guy on here with gold lines and he looks slammed and mine does not even look like that

420agreenvilleSCNov-24-10 10:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#33052, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 2

not to hijack, but i want dave's wheelgap, but i also wanna be lower and hug the ground. ughh

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

JoshDSMNov-25-10 10:50 AM
69 posts,
#33053, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 3

thats exactly how i want to be, but im not sure what will drop me like that without getting coil overs

i have a buddy with a gs he has Tein Stecs 1.3in drop i have gold lines 2 in drop we have the same stock gs rims same tires size to, and he is way lower than i am, i dont see how that is possible when my springs are said to have more of a drop

Ebster1085Nov-25-10 08:19 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#33054, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 4

I am a fan of the Eibach Pro Kit springs..

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

JoshDSMNov-25-10 08:31 PM
69 posts,
#33055, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 5

thats a nice car, but the front bumper is way to high for me

electroheadNov-25-10 09:19 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
#33056, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 6

If you look, our bumpers look higher in the front, but go lower next to the front wheels. Be careful going too low. Slammed cars look great, but if it's a daily driver, the effort involved to avoid damage to your bumpers and sides will make the car less enjoyable than it could be with a less extreme drop. Just my .02

JoshDSMNov-26-10 01:04 PM
69 posts,
#33057, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 7

yea i know there higher in front but my car is about that high with my gold lines and mine are supposed to be 2in drop springs. and ive seen a car on here with them and hes slammed and my buddy has tein springs and hes slammed i dont get it cant figure out what it is

Ebster1085Nov-26-10 02:05 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#33058, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 8

Thanks dude. The Pro Kits are supposed to drop the car about 1.2 inches. I have had them on now for around 7 years and I would say they have sagged a tiny bit. I also agree with the above. I would be more concerned with the gap in the wheel well than how high above the ground the front bumper is. In fact, you may think my front bumper is too high, but I still have trouble ALL the time clearing stuff and it scrapes a lot.

jdm1990Nov-27-10 01:01 AM
Member since Jun 19th 2010
76 posts,
#33059, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 9

Theres just way to much that determines ride hight. Everything from a tires sidewall profile, to condtition on the struts, and the rim size. For the most part the same spring setup on the same make of car should be damn close. Gotta keep in mind tho that some people either A)don't know exactly which kind of what brand of spring they have, so they guess and B)alot of people actually cut their lowering springs. So don't always compare your car to someone else's just because they "say" they have a certain kind of spring.

Also are you sure your buddy has just the 1.3 in drop teins? maybe he's like choice A and is wrong about what kind he has.

freelancefoolNov-30-10 07:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#33081, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 10

Stock Ride Height:

Ignore the weird paint. We were trying some layering and it didn't work out, but I can't find the original.

Goldlines:

I bought those used off of Terry. I think they are Goldlines anyway.

Side bumper profile:

I would never go lower than that on an Eclipse/Talon. Not if I planned on driving it ever again.

My Blog

JoshDSMNov-30-10 01:10 PM
69 posts,
#33082, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 11

^^^see mine dont even drop it that much at all like i have a little more then 3 finger wheel gap, im picking up some oem 2gb side skirts this weekend maybe that will change the look of the car

jdm1990Nov-30-10 04:15 PM
76 posts,
#33083, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 12

Not by much.

shuwa29Dec-12-10 10:57 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#33117, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 13
Dec-12-10 11:25 AM by shuwa29

my old 2g...sprint lowering springs and a few shot with and without the front lip.

later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

JoshDSMDec-12-10 04:47 PM
69 posts,
#33118, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 14

thats a nice looking 2g there. i was thinking of going Megan racing lowering springs, since ill most likely get them for a Christmas present everyone says they drop it nice and low

jdm1990Dec-12-10 05:50 PM
76 posts,
#33119, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 15

even tho they have a good drop, better hope their not bouncy haha

shuwa29Dec-12-10 07:21 PM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#33120, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by jdm1990
even tho they have a good drop, better hope their not bouncy haha

stiffer shocks

later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

JoshDSMDec-12-10 09:16 PM
69 posts,
#33121, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 17

stiffer shocks later

yep thats what i was thinking

scorpo86Feb-05-12 06:52 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
#33572, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 18

This is an old post but What shocks would be best for the eibach sportline springs? I'm going to use Kyb gr2s

jamesnmandyApr-21-12 09:07 AM
Member since Apr 04th 2012
3 posts,
#33631, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by scorpo86
This is an old post but What shocks would be best for the eibach sportline springs? I'm going to use Kyb gr2s

If my research is correct KYB GR2's (which I have on my car) are essentially slightly tighter tuned versions of the stock shocks. The sportline springs go close to a 2" drop, more aggressive than the pro kit. You may get away with it but I have heard people recommend cutting the bumpstops in half before reassembling the shock/spring assembly to prevent premature bottoming out.

I installed some cheap M2 (Megan budget line) lowering coils and while it's much better than stock, I have the need to go lower myself, so I am going to put it up on the rack and cut the coil until I get what I want. My car drives maybe 10 miles each way to work and back and around town locally. It doesn't go on long trips or into unknown areas, so I am not worried about it.

Sorry_i_WinApr-24-12 07:19 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#33643, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 20
Apr-24-12 07:22 AM by Sorry_i_Win

Goldline springs...

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

predsfan029Jun-10-12 02:38 PM
Member since Feb 19th 2011
29 posts,
#33668, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 0

i would go with eibach sportlines. great ride and good stance

AdministratorCODE4Jun-10-12 02:47 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#33670, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by predsfan029

No. terrible ride.

---

2012 2500HD LML

twelve_16Jul-18-12 10:37 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2012
3 posts,
#33716, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by predsfan029

I agree i put a set of them on my car about 2 months ago and they ride pretty decent. My buddy also has them on his SS Cobalt and I haven't heard him complain. I do gotta say though i had problems with the tire rubbing on the quarter-panel wheel well but i]m assuming that's because i have Evo 8 rims.

BoostedEclipseJul-19-12 09:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
283 posts,
#33717, "RE: Lowering Springs "
In response to Reply # 24

I've had both Megan Racing lowering springs and Eibach Sportlines mounted on kyb agx struts and I actually prefer the Megan Racing springs. They drop the car about 2", whereas the Eibach springs only drop it around 1.5" . That's if I remember correctly. I only had a fingers width gap between the fender and tires (225/45/17) and never remember the struts bottoming out. I had people compliment the ride quality and stance all the time.

- 98 Eclipse rs turbo

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33049 Previous topic | Next topic