Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30607
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nitto neo gen tires." Previous topic | Next topic
2GeclipseRSJul-20-07 11:48 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30607, "Nitto neo gen tires."
Jul-20-07 11:52 AM by 2GeclipseRS

Search turned up jack.

Ok, so I can get these for $65 a peice.

Things i like about them are:

V speed rating (provides stable grip up to 149mph)

Bi directional for even tire rotation

The pattern looks pretty dope.

Anybody else like to add fuel to the fire? Any first-hand experience with these?

I wanted to get a set of 205/40r16's to mate nicely with the chrome gst wheels i just recieved yesterday. Curb damage and scuff free for the low price of nothing. I do need to give my rs wheels to my friend who gave me the rims though because once his gst is fixed, he's going to need something to roll on until he can afford another 17" sparco wheel and a new set of tires. Yeah, i know i listed it for sale but nobody wanted crap off of it really so i told he should quit being a bitch and rebuild it.

I'm getting off topic again.

Tires.

Tell me about your intimate experience with the nitto rubber.

Edit: Can you fit 40 series tires on the 5 spoke factory 16's?

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Nitto neo gen tires., DirtMegirt, Jul-20-07 12:09 PM, #1
RE: Nitto neo gen tires., 95_ESi_Person, Jul-20-07 12:27 PM, #2
      RE: Nitto neo gen tires., 2GeclipseRS, Jul-20-07 12:48 PM, #3
           RE: Nitto neo gen tires., freelancefool, Jul-20-07 01:47 PM, #4
                RE: Nitto neo gen tires., talon749, Jul-21-07 07:24 AM, #5
                     RE: Nitto neo gen tires., goalie40, Jul-21-07 09:28 AM, #6
                          RE: Nitto neo gen tires., 2GeclipseRS, Jul-21-07 03:22 PM, #7
                               RE: Nitto neo gen tires., 2GeclipseRS, Jul-25-07 12:41 PM, #8
                                    RE: Nitto neo gen tires., Jen, Aug-05-07 04:52 AM, #9
                                         RE: Nitto neo gen tires., 2GeclipseRS, Aug-15-07 07:01 PM, #10
                                              RE: Nitto neo gen tires., DSMxTSi, Aug-16-07 12:53 PM, #11
RE: Nitto neo gen tires., dalesmitsu, Aug-20-07 08:48 PM, #12
RE: Nitto neo gen tires., 2GeclipseRS, Aug-21-07 04:30 PM, #13
      RE: Nitto neo gen tires., dalesmitsu, Aug-27-07 08:59 PM, #14

DirtMegirtJul-20-07 12:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30608, "RE: Nitto neo gen tires."
In response to Reply # 0

I had a friend who had 205/55-16 Nitto's on his Maxima and he complained on how stiff the tires were. He switched back to the Potenza's he had on originally and he liked the give and how they rode. Just personal preference of a friend. Also, to let you know, in case you didn't already, those Nitto's are going to alter your speedometer/odometer. I know tirerack.com suggests that you stay within 3% of the stock tire diameter. I have had the GSX 17's on my Eclipse for a few years now and ever since I put them on, my gauge has read slightly off. The stock diameter for my GS 205/55-16 tire was 631.9 mm. The GSX 17's diameter with a stock tire size of 215/50-17 is 646.8 mm, so you can see the difference is slight. Those Nitto's have a diameter of 570.4 mm. Pretty drastic difference, so just beware.

DirtMegirt
Wiki Contributor

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95_ESi_PersonJul-20-07 12:27 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#30609, "RE: Nitto neo gen tires."
In response to Reply # 1

Those tires are way too small for you.

2GeclipseRSJul-20-07 12:48 PM
781 posts,
#30610, "RE: Nitto neo gen tires."
In response to Reply # 2
Jul-20-07 12:53 PM by 2GeclipseRS

Deeper this hole gets.....

Edit: You know what, i'll just go with some 205/50's and call it a day, unless somebody has something to add? BTW, i finalized on tokico blue shocks with the tokico 1.5 inch springs. 400 bucks is a hell of a deal and i'm not passing it up.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

freelancefoolJul-20-07 01:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#30611, "RE: Nitto neo gen tires."
In response to Reply # 3

I'm gay for my Falken Azeni FK542s. Other than that I have nothing useful to add here.

My Blog

talon749Jul-21-07 07:24 AM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
421 posts,
#30612, "RE: Nitto neo gen tires."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by freelancefool
I'm gay for my Falken Azeni FK542s. Other than that I have nothing useful to add here.

+1..

-Keith

'92 BMW 325i - 3.91 LSD....Cold air intake....M52 headers.....Track pipe....Remus back....Fan Delete....UUC short throw...M3 Clutch Flywheel & Drive Shaft...Tien Coil overs

I <3 the twisties

goalie40Jul-21-07 09:28 AM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#30613, "RE: Nitto neo gen tires."
In response to Reply # 5

I have a cheap ass champiro's was really poor when I needed tires but they where z rated they wear great and they hold the road. even screwing around its hard to break them free. next time around ill get better but it was the best $220 I have spent.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

2GeclipseRSJul-21-07 03:22 PM
781 posts,
#30614, "RE: Nitto neo gen tires."
In response to Reply # 6
Jul-21-07 03:23 PM by 2GeclipseRS

Have a pic of the tread pattern?

How did they fair under wet conditions?

2GeclipseRSJul-25-07 12:41 PM
781 posts,
#30617, "RE: Nitto neo gen tires."
In response to Reply # 7

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?c=2&cf=false&sw=false&cs=215&pc=28805&rd=16&ar=55&tc=KAZHH3

These are what i finalized on. I'll get a pair at a time. They look great and the reviews had very positive things to say about them. With a 55 series tire, shoulder roll may be a problem, say taking a 90 degree turn at 50mph. Um, has anyone ever put more than the recommended psi in their tires to combat this? Is it smart to do?

JenAug-05-07 04:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#30627, "RE: Nitto neo gen tires."
In response to Reply # 8

I was a die hard fan of the Nitto 450s - had at least 8 sets of them for all of my DSMs for about a 6 year period. When they discontinued them, the tire rep recommended the Neo Gens (supposedly Nitto's replacement of the 450s)

I was extremely disappointed. Very little traction compared to the 450s - none in wet conditions and they absolutely sucked in snow/ice. They wore incredibly fast as well. They are very soft compared to most all-season tires.

I would stay away from them for a daily tire simply because they wear so fast and do not grab well in wet conditions.

I ended up replacing all 4 with about 1/3 tread left when one of them blew out on the interstate...

I switched to Khumo Ecsta ATS.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

2GeclipseRSAug-15-07 07:01 PM
781 posts,
#30651, "RE: Nitto neo gen tires."
In response to Reply # 9

You can still buy nitto 450's. I held a brand new tire in my hands yesterday.

DSMxTSiAug-16-07 12:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#30654, "RE: Nitto neo gen tires."
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
You can still buy nitto 450's. I held a brand new tire in my hands yesterday.

What size rim are yours for? Last I knew Nitto still made the 450s in smaller wheel sizes but not the larger 17" and up sizes.

dalesmitsuAug-20-07 08:48 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#30668, "RE: Nitto neo gen tires."
In response to Reply # 0

Search turned up jack. Ok, so I can get these for $65 a peice. Things i like about them are: V speed rating (provides stable grip up to 149mph) Bi directional for even tire rotation The pattern looks pretty dope. Anybody else like to add fuel to the fire? Any first-hand experience with these? I wanted to get a set of 205/40r16's to mate nicely with the chrome gst wheels i just recieved yesterday. Curb damage and scuff free for the low price of nothing. I do need to give my rs wheels to my friend who gave me the rims though because once his gst is fixed, he's going to need something to roll on until he can afford another 17" sparco wheel and a new set of tires. Yeah, i know i listed it for sale but nobody wanted crap off of it really so i told he should quit being a bitch and rebuild it. I'm getting off topic again. Tires. Tell me about your intimate experience with the nitto rubber. Edit: Can you fit 40 series tires on the 5 spoke factory 16's?

Try Discounttiredirect.com They have those NEO GEns

2GeclipseRSAug-21-07 04:30 PM
781 posts,
#30672, "RE: Nitto neo gen tires."
In response to Reply # 12

Ha. I've already decided to get Nankangs locally. I like the tread pattern and i've been reading up. Seems alot of people like them. Like i said, anything is better than the crap i'm rolling on now. They do last long, i will give them that but they dont hold traction worth a dick.

$260 for a set of four 55 series nankangs mounted and balanced. I guess i'll go the poor-mans route and do two at a time.

dalesmitsuAug-27-07 08:59 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#30704, "RE: Nitto neo gen tires."
In response to Reply # 13

Ha. I've already decided to get Nankangs locally. I like the tread pattern and i've been reading up. Seems alot of people like them. Like i said, anything is better than the crap i'm rolling on now. They do last long, i will give them that but they dont hold traction worth a dick. $260 for a set of four 55 series nankangs mounted and balanced. I guess i'll go the poor-mans route and do two at a time.

JcWhitney also sells those with wheels too. Thanks this helps me too
I agree the tread pattern does look sweet.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30607 Previous topic | Next topic