Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30160
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rear Swaybar Install" Previous topic | Next topic
freelancefoolMar-05-07 02:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30160, "Rear Swaybar Install"

So among other things that will be coming about soon, I was curious as to how hard it is to install a rear sway bar on an RS. I haven't really come up with much on the forums and the write up on the wiki is cryptic at best.

QT. PART NUMBER/DESCRIPTION
LIST AMOUNT
1 MR130722 BAR RR SY 17- 29-
3 43.75 43.75 2 MB515245 BRACKET R 17- 29-

1 4.45
8.90 2 MB303540 BUSHINGS R 17- 11- 17
4.00 8.00 4 MF241251 BOLT P/S 18- 50-

1 .70
2.80 4 MS440504 NUT ENG M 18- 50- 22
.35 1.40
2 MB892982 LINK RR S 17- 29- 17
13.25 26.50 2 MR131754 ARM ASSY 17- 11-
15 41.00 82.0

Using that information I am assuming that I need the brackets to hold the rear swaybar to the unibody, the bushings for said brackets and some other things. I guess I'm going to start browsing the CAPS stuff to see if I can find a more definitive answer.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Rear Swaybar Install, mcgyvr, Mar-06-07 02:23 AM, #1
RE: Rear Swaybar Install, goalie40, Mar-06-07 12:47 PM, #2
      RE: Rear Swaybar Install, freelancefool, Mar-07-07 05:50 PM, #3
           RE: Rear Swaybar Install, hazardeclipse, Mar-09-07 06:58 AM, #4
                RE: Rear Swaybar Install, edxmon, Mar-12-07 05:05 AM, #5
                     RE: Rear Swaybar Install, freelancefool, Mar-12-07 02:07 PM, #6

mcgyvrMar-06-07 02:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30163, "RE: Rear Swaybar Install"
In response to Reply # 0

Its cheaper to actually buy the Suspension Techniques front/rear bars and they have an adapter (sold seperately) for adding the rear bar to cars not equipt from the factory with what you need.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

goalie40Mar-06-07 12:47 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#30165, "RE: Rear Swaybar Install"
In response to Reply # 1

I talked to mitsubishi graveyard and they said 50 bucks plus shipping for the rear control arms with the holes for a sway bar

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

freelancefoolMar-07-07 05:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#30168, "RE: Rear Swaybar Install"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks for the help guys. I figured the brackets for the sway bars, endlinks and possibly control arms would solve my problems. I'll check out both of the items that you suggested.

My Blog

hazardeclipseMar-09-07 06:58 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
#30172, "RE: Rear Swaybar Install"
In response to Reply # 3

i went the dealer route and it was pricier, but it works the way the car is engineered to work. The install took me maybe an hour and a half from start to finish. If you have any questions or anything like that, shoot me a pm.

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

edxmonMar-12-07 05:05 AM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#30183, "RE: Rear Swaybar Install"
In response to Reply # 4

I could have sworn we had a write up with pics on the old page, not I cant, for the life of me, find it anywhere! I want to get these parts for my RS of a GS (what other rear sway bars will fit?) but without that write (the pics) up im kinda lost, I guess Ill just buy anything that connects to any part related to the sway bar?

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

freelancefoolMar-12-07 02:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#30184, "RE: Rear Swaybar Install"
In response to Reply # 5

Well if I can find a parts car at a local junkyard, I'm going to start pulling parts off of it for the swap. Otherwise, I will dig through my service manual and get the related parts info there.

My Blog

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30160 Previous topic | Next topic