Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28607
View in linear mode

Subject: "squeaky bushings" Previous topic | Next topic
VOTBLINDUBJan-25-06 06:23 AM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28607, "squeaky bushings"
Jan-25-06 06:26 AM by VOTBLINDUB

i just lowered the car and ive got polyurethane bushings. my suspension sounds like a couple of teenagers on an old matress. is there a penetrating lubricant along the lines of pb blaster that could help me out? im not sure if white lithium would work. its ok on door hignes, but it goes away after a while. is there something thick and gooey that would stay if u cram the camber kit full of it?

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bahhahaJan-25-06 07:38 AM
Member since Jan 20th 2006
58 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28608, "RE: squeaky bushings"
In response to Reply # 0

I use this stuff called DC 111. I get it from work, but its pretty common stuff. Its made by Dow Corning...hence the DC part

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VOTBLINDUBJan-25-06 05:20 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#28618, "RE: squeaky bushings"
In response to Reply # 1

is it a liquid or a goo kinda grease?

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

bahhahaJan-26-06 05:28 AM
58 posts,
#28620, "RE: squeaky bushings"
In response to Reply # 2

greasy and thick, takes about 3 washes to get it off your hands

bahhahaJan-26-06 09:20 AM
58 posts,
#28621, "RE: squeaky bushings"
In response to Reply # 3

Here's where we get it from
www.ellsworth.com

thedawgJan-30-06 06:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#28632, "RE: squeaky bushings"
In response to Reply # 4
Jan-30-06 07:03 AM by thedawg

The bushings should have come with a VERY sticky and thick grease made specifically for polyurethane. PBblaster and other metal lubricants would be a very bad idea. You could use synthetic wheel bearing grease in a pinch, but I'd recommend you call Energy Suspension or Prothane and get their lube. And yes, you're going to have to press out the bushings to grease them.

http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GN4016&Category_Code=VTSUSP&AFFIL=froogle

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28607 Previous topic | Next topic