Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26105
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse_99rsJan-12-05 03:53 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26105, "Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"

Alright today i recieved my rims in the mail with KUMHO ECSTA 711's. I was wondering what people think of them? Ive been reading reviews on them and there are 20 saying they love them and 2 that say they are the worst tires ever made. Those 2 negative reviews raided my eyebrows.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, SilverRS, Jan-12-05 04:22 PM, #1
RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, DJ420a, Jan-12-05 04:49 PM, #2
      RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, MCubed45, Jan-12-05 06:06 PM, #3
RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, WarnerC, Jan-12-05 06:57 PM, #4
RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, Talontaxi, Jan-13-05 07:01 PM, #5
      RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, Eclipse97, Jan-13-05 07:49 PM, #6
      RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, RxR_Eclipse, Jan-13-05 07:49 PM, #7
           RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, 95greenhrcgs, Jan-13-05 08:44 PM, #8
                RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, jerseystyle1, Jan-14-05 01:54 AM, #9
                     RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, PowerEclipses, Jan-14-05 07:53 AM, #10
                          RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, SILVERNT, Jan-14-05 08:15 AM, #11
                               RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, DarkTalon, Jan-14-05 08:44 AM, #12
                                    RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, Ducking_Fumbass, Jan-14-05 01:43 PM, #13
                                    RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, Dirty, Jan-14-05 03:36 PM, #14
                                         RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, EclipseTenzoR, Jan-20-05 06:06 PM, #15
                                    RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, daman_tbone, Jan-26-05 11:51 AM, #16
                                         RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, Eclipse97, Jan-26-05 06:52 PM, #17
                                              RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, Teametx, Jan-29-05 06:01 AM, #18
                                                   RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jan-30-05 11:22 AM, #19
                                                        RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, Vandy420a, Jan-31-05 02:29 AM, #20
                                                             RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jan-31-05 04:35 PM, #21
                                                                  RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, Vandy420a, Jan-31-05 05:09 PM, #22
                                                                       RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, HeyG, Feb-04-05 03:58 AM, #23
                                                                            RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, SonicYan, Feb-05-05 10:06 PM, #24
                                                                                 RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, thedawg, Feb-06-05 06:41 AM, #25
                                                                                      RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires, 95_ESi_Person, Feb-20-05 09:46 PM, #26

SilverRSJan-12-05 04:22 PM
Member since Aug 03rd 2003
274 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26106, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 0

Very quick tire wear, but they grip pretty good. I had them before.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DJ420aJan-12-05 04:49 PM
Member since May 19th 2004
1219 posts,
#26107, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 1

They do grip really good, but wear down quick. I did have 2 that got a bubble on the side.

MCubed45Jan-12-05 06:06 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#26110, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 2

i got 1 with a bubble after about a year or so. been another year and it's still been ok though. i know i should change it...

-marc

WarnerCJan-12-05 06:57 PM
Member since May 08th 2004
618 posts,
#26111, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been using them for the last two years and I love them.

Don't work for the system, Let the system work for you.

TalontaxiJan-13-05 07:01 PM
Member since Jul 14th 2004
201 posts,
#26119, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 4

really sticky for the money, I paid 94 a piece for my last set and the only tires i had that came close to equaling the money vs grip was a bf goodrich that ran around 130 a piece. Like said above though they do wear quickly. I got about 20k out of my last set.

Eclipse97Jan-13-05 07:49 PM
Member since Dec 06th 2001
539 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26120, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 5

def really good tire in dry conditions. Ok on wet. don't make a mistake of driving in snow with them on.

over all great tire for the price

Good Luck

RxR_EclipseJan-13-05 07:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#26121, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 5

escta V710's max grip on the road....great for auto-x nothing bad to say about them.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

95greenhrcgsJan-13-05 08:44 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1420 posts,
#26122, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 7

I had 712's on my car for about 2 years. Nothing bad to say about them cause they were good for the money. I have seen other Kuhmo's have bubbles on the sidewalls, but I think that may be due to, too low of a profile and hitting potholes.

I wouldnt buy them again, JUST BECAUSE I never buy the same tires twice. Other than that, I have no complaints with the 712's at least.

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

T O T A L L E D, T H A N K S T O S O M E A S S H A T!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerseystyle1Jan-14-05 01:54 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#26123, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 8

I also had 712's and I liked them. I had to replace my 2 rear tires after about 3 months, but that is what happens when you do a full drop with skunk2's and no camber kit

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

PowerEclipsesJan-14-05 07:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#26130, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 9

you will get about 10k on them if your lucky maybe 15k

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

SILVERNTJan-14-05 08:15 AM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#26131, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 10

711's here, nice and grippy, who cares about wear.

DarkTalonJan-14-05 08:44 AM
Member since Jul 24th 2003
1142 posts,
#26132, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 11

I think they suck... I replaced a flat tire I had with one...and within 5000 miles it was losing air quickly, then one night it went totally flat and when I aired it up..guess what.. A BUBBLE! what a waste of $80

R.I.P. 1997-2006 thanks to a Honda in the wrong lane.

Ducking_FumbassJan-14-05 01:43 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#26133, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 12

Just avoid the Ecsta Supras... they blow. No need to ask me how I know, but they suck more dick than New Jersey's last governer on Richard Simmons' ranch.

DirtyJan-14-05 03:36 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#26134, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 13

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/my2gnt/Misc/images/Kumho_jpg.jp g

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

EclipseTenzoRJan-20-05 06:06 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#26194, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 14

Holy Shit! Talk about riding on slicks.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

daman_tboneJan-26-05 11:51 AM
Member since Aug 27th 2004
159 posts,
#26250, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by DarkTalon
I think they suck... I replaced a flat tire I had with one...and within 5000 miles it was losing air quickly, then one night it went totally flat and when I aired it up..guess what.. A BUBBLE! what a waste of $80

i have some kumho ectsa asx...they are great in wet and dry...and about the bubble thing...if the place you get them from offers insurance, take it...mine is only like $9 per tire and its lifetime...so if i get a bubble, they're gonna send me another one..or else..

Eclipse97Jan-26-05 06:52 PM
Member since Dec 06th 2001
539 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26256, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 16

something I'd like to add, that Cold temperature anything below 0c does something to the rubber compound that it doesn't grip even on dry roads.

I threw the rear end out while taking a regular left turn. Granted it was close to -20c that day but I've never had this problem before with other tires.

Kumho 711

Good Luck

TeametxJan-29-05 06:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#26265, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 17

I'll never buy another street tire that isn't a BFG. BFG Tration T/A's are awsome for the price. They really suck in the rain, but hook right up when it's dry and can get you through a snowstorm in a RWD car. I guess it all depends on how much power your making. on a stock 2gnt some shitty tire will probably be fine. I had a set of Kumhos and they broke loose at 12 psi, now I have BFG Drags and they break loose once and a while at 20-24 psi.

420a-TnthewerksJan-30-05 11:22 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#26266, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by etx
I'll never buy another street tire that isn't a BFG. BFG Tration T/A's are awsome for the price. They really suck in the rain, but hook right up when it's dry and can get you through a snowstorm in a RWD car. I guess it all depends on how much power your making. on a stock 2gnt some shitty tire will probably be fine. I had a set of Kumhos and they broke loose at 12 psi, now I have BFG Drags and they break loose once and a while at 20-24 psi.

hopefully this post won't disappear like the other. but how's 1st and 2nd gear with those? and what other "traction" mods do you have? (if any)

Vandy420aJan-31-05 02:29 AM
2037 posts,
#26272, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 19

I'm pretty sure he's talking about his 350z...

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

420a-TnthewerksJan-31-05 04:35 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#26282, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by Vandy420a
I'm pretty sure he's talking about his 350z...

i don't the Z is at 20-24psi. i could be wrong though..

Vandy420aJan-31-05 05:09 PM
2037 posts,
#26283, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 21

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
Originally posted by Vandy420a I'm pretty sure he's talking about his 350z...
i don't the Z is at 20-24psi. i could be wrong though..

yeah n/m you're right

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

HeyGFeb-04-05 03:58 AM
Member since Dec 09th 2002
69 posts,
#26327, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 22

I think they were good for their money, but by the time I changed rims, but by the time I changed, 1 tire had a bubble, another had 3 bubbles :S

-=It's all about style=

SonicYanFeb-05-05 10:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#26337, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 23

Hmmmm, my Kumho Ecsta Supra's held out fine at a rallye event. No complains about them. (well, I have to check if there was any damage. Hehehe, haven't checked after that rally thing... )

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

thedawgFeb-06-05 06:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#26338, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 24

Yeah I codrove for ^^^ and those Ecsta Supras were SUPER sticky on the canyon corners and stopping. They seemed to track really well in the water, and saved us after going thru a river at 80mph.

I have heard of a lot of Kumho's getting tire bubbles, and I'm sure that sticky compound when it gets hot from a turbo car would start to get really slick and lose its grip... but for a nonturbo application on the right size rims, I think they're one of the best tires I've ridden on.

95_ESi_PersonFeb-20-05 09:46 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#26418, "RE: Ok lets settle the score about KUMHO tires"
In response to Reply # 25

Originally posted by thedawg
but for a nonturbo application on the right size rims, I think they're one of the best tires I've ridden on.

what about 225/45/17?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26105 Previous topic | Next topic