Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2557
View in linear mode

Subject: "STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
mrnic001May-29-01 07:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
65 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2557, "STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?"

I'm considering buying front and read strut bars for my ride. Do they make that much differance? I race once in a while but just on street and freeways....nothing serious. Would this be a good investment? Please advise.

Full Flow Master exhaust, clear bumper lights, Altezza taillights with modified center, tinted windows, eibach lowered springs, chrome rims, Perilli P7000,a Pioneer system(cd head unit, 2x 10" subs, amp, mids, highs, 12 disc cd changer), Blue headlight bulbs, fog light mod with running lights, Full cold air in-take, clear side markers...ect

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?, Lee, May-29-01 07:57 AM, #1
RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?, Junoon, May-29-01 10:26 AM, #2
      RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?, Junoon, May-29-01 10:27 AM, #3
      RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?, taloned_dog, May-29-01 12:41 PM, #4
RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?, teatinger, May-29-01 02:19 PM, #5
RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?, 2GNT Niclipse, May-29-01 03:15 PM, #6
RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?, TeamMichael_97RS, May-30-01 02:06 AM, #7
RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?, mrnic001, May-30-01 02:41 AM, #8
RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?, madregal, May-30-01 03:20 AM, #9
      RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?, Junoon, May-30-01 11:38 AM, #10
           RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?, teatinger, May-31-01 02:09 AM, #11
                RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?, mrnic001, May-31-01 12:53 PM, #12
                RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?, skylinemyth, Jul-29-06 01:46 AM, #13
                     RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-29-06 03:17 AM, #14

LeeMay-29-01 07:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2558, "RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?"
In response to Reply # 0

Get'em! They won't really do much for straight line racing, but they're definately worth it.

Lee
http://www.geocities.com/turbo99gs

Speed Kills!
If you want to live forever buy a Honda!

JunoonMay-29-01 10:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
122 posts,
#2559, "RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?"
In response to Reply # 1

the thicker the better.. lol

ENKEI RP02 17" x 7"
AF/X UDP (still have to install:))
K&N Filter
springs/coilovers (still searchin' )

Junoon
97-RS
automotive/industrial design student
Michigan

JunoonMay-29-01 10:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
122 posts,
#2560, "RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?"
In response to Reply # 2

now you guyz have some dirty minds..

ENKEI RP02 17" x 7"
K&N Filter

Junoon
97-RS
Michigan

taloned_dogMay-29-01 12:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
162 posts,
#2561, "RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?"
In response to Reply # 2

>the thicker the better.. lol

lol thats what she said

most people look at art...we drive it!!!

97 Talon ESI N/T
total stock "not for long"

teatingerMay-29-01 02:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
20 posts,
#2562, "RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?"
In response to Reply # 0

check out these custom jobs, granted they are on a 1 gen, but shit!! if i remember right, owner said the car was so firm, if car was jacked up high enough on one corner, the othe tire on the same side would begin to lift of the ground!!! thats gotta be fun to drive.

thomas

2GNT NiclipseMay-29-01 03:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
53 posts,
#2563, "RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?"
In response to Reply # 0

Heres a story that happened today...

I was on i-95 and I see this red 80's ferrari coming up on me, I floor it and the ferrari passes me with ease as expected. He saw I was trying. He got stuck up in traffic and I was making every move he was in traffic. Turns out, he's getting off on the same exit as me which is a very curvatious one. People have been known to go too fast and flip over into the grass.

Anyway, he mashes the pedal and Im right behind him and we do this exit going 67mph .... and I mean it's a scary turn going hat fast. He never expected me to be right on his ass wanting to press more pedal. Anyway, i spooked him out and he stopped at the red light for 2 seconds and then went throught the red arrow. Hemust have thought I had road rage.

Anyway the point of the story is, i may not be fast at all, but I can keep up with an 80's ferrari on an off-ramp.

I have a front tower strut, 2-1/2" drop, 17" wheels, macpherson struts, and 45 series tires.

TeamMichael_97RSMay-30-01 02:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#2564, "RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?"
In response to Reply # 0

Oh hell yes get them!!! I have three with the forth on the way. With these and my 215s she handles outstanding now, I can't wait to finish all my suspension upgrades.

BTW nice wheel man!

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Intake manifold 4 porting, Rear Motor Mount Ins. RRE FL Tie Bar(Well Almost), Slver Cadmium Plated KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads (Well Almost)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

mrnic001May-30-01 02:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
65 posts,
#2565, "RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks for your replies. I did purchase a set for 65 bucks. And dont worry they are "thick"..........lol

"LIVE LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST DAY AND DRIVE LIKE YOU STOLE IT"

Full Flow Master exhaust, indiglo gauges, blue interior lights, led brake light bulbs, clear bumper lights, Altezza taillights with modified center, tinted windows, eibach lowered springs, chrome rims, Perilli P7000,a Pioneer system(cd head unit, 2x 10" subs, amp, mids, highs, 12 disc cd changer), Blue headlight bulbs, fog light mod with running lights, Full cold air in-take, clear side markers...ect

madregalMay-30-01 03:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
398 posts,
#2566, "RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?"
In response to Reply # 8

i have the RRE bar... but i would like to have something for the rears and the upper fronts (pilot is good i heard..yay or nay?)

does anybody know of a shop in so cali that could fabricate those custom anti-sway bars like in the picture? that would definitely get the job done. some of the bars i have seen are "all show"

Marc
'98 GS AT
Magenta Gray Pearl
NGK Plugs and Wires
AEM Short Stack
GS-T Exhaust
Bored throttle body
Bored Intake manifold
AFX underdrive pulley
RRE Front Lower Bar

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar.Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.

JunoonMay-30-01 11:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
122 posts,
#2567, "RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?"
In response to Reply # 9

wow.. i like to do custom stuff...

to make it myself list:

sheet metal throttle body.
front and rear upper strut bars. (how about painting it black?)
some ground effects.

anyone wanna help me out?? ..lol

ENKEI RP02 17" x 7"
K&N Filter

Junoon
97-RS
Michigan

teatingerMay-31-01 02:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
20 posts,
#2568, "RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?"
In response to Reply # 10

as far as the custom bars go, i will see the guy saturday. i know he said he may start making them for 1gens. ill see if hes interested in making some for our cars. maybe he can use my car as a test car for some of those bars.....i hope!

thomas

mrnic001May-31-01 12:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
65 posts,
#2569, "RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?"
In response to Reply # 11

I can't make them but I can sure draw blue prints for them. Maybe I'll take some time and make some measurements on mine and have someone make them. Any idea who can fab real good?

"LIVE LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST DAY AND DRIVE LIKE YOU STOLE IT"

Full Flow Master exhaust, indiglo gauges, blue interior lights, led brake light bulbs, clear bumper lights, Altezza taillights with modified center, tinted windows, eibach lowered springs, chrome rims, Perilli P7000,a Pioneer system(cd head unit, 2x 10" subs, amp, mids, highs, 12 disc cd changer), Blue headlight bulbs, fog light mod with running lights, Full cold air in-take, clear side markers, front & rear strut bars..........ect

skylinemythJul-29-06 01:46 AM
Member since Jun 26th 2006
27 posts,
#29677, "RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by teatinger
as far as the custom bars go, i will see the guy saturday. i know he said he may start making them for 1gens. ill see if hes interested in making some for our cars. maybe he can use my car as a test car for some of those bars.....i hope! thomas

That's awsome...........let me know what happens

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-29-06 03:17 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#29678, "RE: STRUT BARS..........are they worth it?"
In response to Reply # 13

this thread is from 2001. no one posting in this thread is going to update you.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2557 Previous topic | Next topic