Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23586
View in linear mode

Subject: "Spring and Strut question...." Previous topic | Next topic
Pushin420aApr-18-04 06:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1877 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23586, "Spring and Strut question...."

Hey guys I just picked up my 5-way tokicos. My question is this, I'm not sure I wanna drop my car. I love the look of my carbon lip but I know if I drop my ar I'm gonna KILL it. Would it be even worth it for me to install my 5-ways with my stock springs?

Can anyone suggest something for me to do?

~Lee

"CHECK OUT THE NEW CARBON KNIGHT AUTO"
still under construction
http://hometown.aol.com/pushin420a/index.html

Please help fix my car..
"DONATIONS ARE WELCOME"

***MODS***
Afx/Race computer, V2CAI, 60MM TB, P&P intake, Cam Gears, Exhaust
Tein Drop springs, Tokico 5-way adjustables.

***Mods to come***
Crane Cams,UDP,full greddy exhaust,headers

Lots of Show!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Spring and Strut question...., nightwolf2369, Apr-18-04 06:30 PM, #1
RE: Spring and Strut question...., Malenko, Apr-18-04 06:55 PM, #2
      RE: Spring and Strut question...., BMoney16, Apr-18-04 06:59 PM, #3
           RE: Spring and Strut question...., Pushin420a, Apr-18-04 07:11 PM, #4
                RE: Spring and Strut question...., nightwolf2369, Apr-18-04 08:10 PM, #5
                     RE: Spring and Strut question...., ModeratorEvuLFleA, Apr-19-04 02:49 AM, #6
                     RE: Spring and Strut question...., Pushin420a, Apr-19-04 06:15 AM, #7
                          RE: Spring and Strut question...., espilcEGS, Apr-20-04 09:57 AM, #8
                               RE: Spring and Strut question...., Chamuko, Apr-20-04 05:22 PM, #9

nightwolf2369Apr-18-04 06:30 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2003
951 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23587, "RE: Spring and Strut question...."
In response to Reply # 0

it would be worth it i think. stiff setup than stock shocks. they don't just work with lower cars. try it out. if you don't like it i bet someone would easily buy them from you.

I no longer have my 99 rs because i totaled it!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MalenkoApr-18-04 06:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#23588, "RE: Spring and Strut question...."
In response to Reply # 1
Apr-18-04 06:56 PM by Malenko

if youre keeping the stock springs you should keep the stock shocks.
I only put on the 5 way adj. tokicos after I instealled my prokit springs.

sell the illuminas, take that money and save up for boost

BMoney16Apr-18-04 06:59 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2004
14 posts,
#23589, "RE: Spring and Strut question...."
In response to Reply # 2

If you installed pro kit springs or something similar, you know springs that don't have too much of a drop, I think you'd be fine, but that's just my opinion.

Maybe I should f*#k up my car so I can go on pimp my ride

Pushin420aApr-18-04 07:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1877 posts,
#23590, "RE: Spring and Strut question...."
In response to Reply # 3

What different types is there, that is Very little just to get rid of a little wheel gap..

what do you recomend for me.

~Lee

still under construction

Please help fix my car..
"DONATIONS ARE WELCOME"

***MODS***

***Mods to come***

Lots of Show!!

nightwolf2369Apr-18-04 08:10 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2003
951 posts,
#23591, "RE: Spring and Strut question...."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Pushin420a
What different types is there, that is Very little just to get rid of a little wheel gap.. what do you recomend for me.

tein lowering springs, or H&R o.e springs

I no longer have my 99 rs because i totaled it!!!

ModeratorEvuLFleAApr-19-04 02:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#23592, "RE: Spring and Strut question...."
In response to Reply # 5

The teins weren't low at all. Pro-kits aren't THAT low but still pretty low.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Pushin420aApr-19-04 06:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1877 posts,
#23593, "RE: Spring and Strut question...."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by nightwolf2369
Originally posted by Pushin420a What different types is there, that is Very little just to get rid of a little wheel gap.. what do you recomend for me.
tein lowering springs, or H&R o.e springs

Anyone have experience on the teins ride quality?

~Lee

still under construction

Please help fix my car..
"DONATIONS ARE WELCOME"

***MODS***

***Mods to come***

Lots of Show!!

espilcEGSApr-20-04 09:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#23599, "RE: Spring and Strut question...."
In response to Reply # 7

If you do end up keeping the stock springs, go ahead and put the Illuminas on. You will still end up with a better handling car than stock.

ChamukoApr-20-04 05:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#23606, "RE: Spring and Strut question...."
In response to Reply # 8

Yes try it with the stock springs. RRE RECOMENDS that the 2G's use the stock springs with the upgraded struts ( do to the long front end).

If you dont feel that much of a diff, then go for the Tein springs. I have never heard a bad commnet about the TEIN setups. Well, just that they look similar to stock.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23586 Previous topic | Next topic