Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22448
View in linear mode

Subject: "I'm having trouble finding a part #" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratoreclipzGSTFeb-12-04 07:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22448, "I'm having trouble finding a part #"
Feb-12-04 07:34 PM by eclipzGST

Last time I changed my springs, I had an allen wrench in the end of the stabilizer thingie the goes through the bottom strut mount and I cracked the end of it where the allen wrench fits in... I found a pic of it in CAPS and they have a prt number fr the whole assembly but not just the thing that I need. I highlighted it in red.

Also, could someone tell me a more technical name of this part so I don't have to refer to it as "stabilizer thingie the goes through the bottom strut mount"
thanks,
-Tony

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #, Moderator992gnt, Feb-13-04 03:27 PM, #1
RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #, mitsuman297, Feb-13-04 07:13 PM, #2
      RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #, mcgyvr, Feb-14-04 05:31 AM, #3
           RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #, Moderator992gnt, Feb-14-04 08:13 AM, #4
                RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #, willmayo, Feb-16-04 08:34 AM, #5
                     RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #, ModeratoreclipzGST, Feb-16-04 12:22 PM, #6
                     RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #, WickedESi, Feb-16-04 12:38 PM, #7
                          RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #, willmayo, Feb-18-04 03:30 PM, #8

Moderator992gntFeb-13-04 03:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22456, "RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #"
In response to Reply # 0

That is called a (swaybar) end link. You will only be able to buy it as an assembly.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mitsuman297Feb-13-04 07:13 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
560 posts,
#22457, "RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #"
In response to Reply # 1

and how much will this run me? I broke both of mine and now have to replace them. Sory for the hijack

winter project: custom t3/t4 turbo and some others

mcgyvrFeb-14-04 05:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#22460, "RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #"
In response to Reply # 2

I though prothane or one of those bushing companies makes replacement end links

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Moderator992gntFeb-14-04 08:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#22466, "RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #"
In response to Reply # 3

They might, stock may be cheaper though.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

willmayoFeb-16-04 08:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
680 posts,
#22496, "RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #"
In response to Reply # 4

in order to remove my endlinks i had to use some rather excessive force (die grinder ) Bought the new ones from satan, they were pretty pricey I know that, but they're the newer design that doesnt have the stupidass hex thing. Instead theres like a bolt that you can get a wrench on. The end links didnt come with the actual bolts either, but i had one of the salesmen run in the back and hook me up with some

--------------------
99 GS-Turbo 3.55 MTX
S16G @ ~15psi - FMIC - Forged Internals
Clinton Township, MI

ModeratoreclipzGSTFeb-16-04 12:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#22497, "RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #"
In response to Reply # 5

Are these a dealer only part or has anyone ever found them at an auto parts store?

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

WickedESiFeb-16-04 12:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#22498, "RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by willmayo
in order to remove my endlinks i had to use some rather excessive force (die grinder ) Bought the new ones from satan, they were pretty pricey I know that, but they're the newer design that doesnt have the stupidass hex thing. Instead theres like a bolt that you can get a wrench on. The end links didnt come with the actual bolts either, but i had one of the salesmen run in the back and hook me up with some

That's odd.

I just ordered a new pair from Fenton and they had the "built in bolts" in them.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

willmayoFeb-18-04 03:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
680 posts,
#22523, "RE: I'm having trouble finding a part #"
In response to Reply # 7

a.) yeah, they're dealer only. when mine broke i searched the world for an aftermarket alternative and i'm pretty sure they dont exist, although i did run across a pic of somebody's custom endlinks (no idea where i saw it though)
b.) They come with the built in bolts but I wanted to put new bolts on the other side instead of putting the half rusted out bolts back on. Those were the bolts that didnt (but should have) come with them.

--------------------
99 GS-Turbo 3.55 MTX
S16G @ ~15psi - FMIC - Forged Internals
Clinton Township, MI

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22448 Previous topic | Next topic