Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #21896
View in linear mode

Subject: "hit bumps and hear squeaking" Previous topic | Next topic
silvereclipse30Jan-11-04 06:30 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2004
1661 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21896, "hit bumps and hear squeaking"

at slow speeds if I hit small bumps I hear an annoying squeaking sound....I don't know what it is???? If u push or move the car u can hear the noise so I'm thinkin the shocks or something.....Also if I turn the wheel it will do and I'm at a slow slow speed I still think its the shocks or something.....THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, Remy, Jan-11-04 06:42 PM, #1
RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, silvereclipse30, Jan-12-04 04:56 PM, #2
      RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, bullox, Jan-12-04 09:09 PM, #3
RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, silvereclipse30, Jan-13-04 02:52 PM, #4
RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, bullox, Jan-13-04 08:13 PM, #5
      RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, silvereclipse30, Jan-13-04 09:55 PM, #6
           RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, bullox, Jan-13-04 11:28 PM, #7
                RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, silvereclipse30, Jan-13-04 11:52 PM, #8
                     RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, Cereal5, Jan-14-04 12:25 AM, #9
                          RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, WickedESi, Jan-15-04 06:38 AM, #10
                               RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, Nackers, Jan-15-04 05:05 PM, #11
                                    RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, Eagle 5, Jan-16-04 09:11 AM, #12
                                         RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, TXrepresent, Jan-16-04 09:31 AM, #13
                                              RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, dsmtuner01, Feb-03-04 03:32 PM, #14
                                              RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, SanJacinto6404, Feb-03-04 05:31 PM, #15
                                              RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, 95_ESi_Person, Feb-04-04 08:12 AM, #16
                                                   RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking, EglTalon_ESi, Feb-04-04 09:03 AM, #17

RemyJan-11-04 06:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21897, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 0

Blown shock.

MetalJimbo: Don't matter how ugly you are - all the girls love you in the titty bar

Member # 333

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

silvereclipse30Jan-12-04 04:56 PM
1661 posts,
#21909, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 1

I can sit still and turn the wheel and it still will squeak......its gettin VERY annoying now.....could it be anything else besides shocks

bulloxJan-12-04 09:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#21910, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 2

that could also be the ball joints - which are a recall item. If you haven't taken it in for the recall - DO IT NOW!!! If you aren't sure if the recall was performed, they can check it by the VIN. Whether you were the first owner or not.

I had the same exact symptoms - nasty squeak while turning or going over bumps only at slow speeds. I ended up taking it in for the recall and that fixed the problem.

silvereclipse30Jan-13-04 02:52 PM
1661 posts,
#21918, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 0

my car is a 98 gs so I think I'm kinda screwd with that one.....

bulloxJan-13-04 08:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#21920, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by silvereclipse30
my car is a 98 gs so I think I'm kinda screwd with that one.....

what do you mean? If what you are implying is that you think your car is too old for the recall, you are wrong. My car is a 96 ESI and I took it in for the recall early last year.

A recall is a recall, it needs to get done. Don't let them tell you that it just needs to be lubed or something - GET IT REPLACED. Remember, the service dept isn't making any money on recall work, so they may need a little coercion to do it.

silvereclipse30Jan-13-04 09:55 PM
1661 posts,
#21921, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 5

the recall is for the 1996 eclipses which ur car falls under my car is a 1998....There isn't a recall for the ball joint for my car is what I was sayin cuz its a 1998 eclipse......I'm not sure but I think thats how it works, correct if I'm wrong which I kinda hope I am.....

bulloxJan-13-04 11:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#21922, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 6
Jan-13-04 11:29 PM by bullox

the recall was for all 95-99 eclipses/talons.

The search function here works wonders, actually i just used it to make sure I was correct. Try to get in the habit of searching for something before asking the question - most likely any issue you have will have already been covered in the years this site has been active.

I don't mean to be a dick about it, but this has been covered here extensively.

Good luck man, remember, don't let them tell you the ball joints are ok. If the recall hasn't been performed, MAKE them do it.

silvereclipse30Jan-13-04 11:52 PM
1661 posts,
#21923, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 7

I don't mind u bein a dick but it comes natural for some people.....THANKS for the help and I hope ur right....

Cereal5Jan-14-04 12:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1016 posts,
#21924, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 8

He is right. I got mine done last year...

I drive a 98 talon.

amiller99rs: seriously, chicks suck sometimes
amiller99rs: like if a girl walked by and said "Hey, nice cock" and just kept going you'd smile all day about that

WickedESiJan-15-04 06:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#21938, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 9

My suspension squeaks cause of the polyurethane bushings on the ingalls camber kits.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

NackersJan-15-04 05:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1912 posts,
#21943, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 10

No more squeaks from our car... FINALLY!

www.ChicagoArea240sx.Editboard.com

Eagle 5Jan-16-04 09:11 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
479 posts,
#21949, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 11

mien has the squeaking noise, but i had the recall performed 45,000 miles and a little over 2 years ago. mine just started recently. but im replacing the 4 lower ball joints now. hopefully no more squeaking.

"Shop smart, shop S-Mart!" ~ Ash
Member # 1523

TXrepresentJan-16-04 09:31 AM
Member since Jun 24th 2003
541 posts,
#21950, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 12

Have yall considered spraying WD40 all over the ball joints and suspension parts. We did this to my Camaro about 6 months ago and haven't heard any squeaks since.

dsmtuner01Feb-03-04 03:32 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
39 posts,
#22233, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 13

when was the recall announced? cuz i picked up my car like a year and half ago and my car is making a horrible noise from the rear..it almost feels like the wheel is loose but its on securly..

SanJacinto6404Feb-03-04 05:31 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
628 posts,
#22236, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 14

lol my car did that for a while, found out it was actually my back seat, damn back seats.

Dave-

95_ESi_PersonFeb-04-04 08:12 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#22253, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by TXrepresent
Have yall considered spraying WD40 all over the ball joints and suspension parts. We did this to my Camaro about 6 months ago and haven't heard any squeaks since.

you could try that if you don't mind if your ball joint snaps on you in the future.

I had the squeaking, then it went away (when that squeaking goes away you should be REALLY scared! because that means that it's going to break REAL SOON!)

Get the recall done NOW!!! years don't matter, 95-99.

those ball joints have been replaced twice already on my car, the first time the recall hadn't come out yet, and the front end of the car collapsed when those fuckers snapped! luckily my dad was backing up in a parking lot and a private shop fixed them. I also had them inspected/replaced last february.

EglTalon_ESiFeb-04-04 09:03 AM
Member since Jun 10th 2003
104 posts,
#22259, "RE: hit bumps and hear squeaking"
In response to Reply # 16

I had the same squeaking problem on the front driverside like 3 weeks ago. I put WD40 but the squeaking was still there. I did a search on this board and found out it might be a balljoint and that there was a recall. So I called then dealer asked them what recalls haven't been done to my car since I'm not the first owner. All the recalls were done. So I took my car to my mechanic told him what the problem might be, and he check and confirmed that it was the balljoint. So I had to replace the lateral arm and balljoint since they are one piece which isn't expensive $62 CND so that is like $40 USD. Now squeaking is gone . So before posting a question search first you will most likely find what you are looking for.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #21896 Previous topic | Next topic