Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19864
View in linear mode

Subject: "TEIN SS Suspension" Previous topic | Next topic
MotoFoolSep-11-03 07:26 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19864, "TEIN SS Suspension"

Hey Guys while i was in boston for 13 days i got to ride in and driver copper eclipses car he had them set to 11 of 16 settings (1 being soft and 16 hardest)

this suspension is one word AMAZING...

i first got in his car not even knowing that he had the suspension and he just rails around this freeway exit and im thinking to myself this is gonna hurt, and when the car didn't even have a noticable weight shift i damn near wet myself...

needless to say boston has the worst streets in the world and driving around lowered close to 3" was not that bad the ride is exceptionally smooth but so beautiful around the curves...

for the price of this stuff its so worth it...

Bill
had to share my expirences because this product deserves it!

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: TEIN SS Suspension, J, Sep-12-03 05:58 AM, #1
RE: TEIN SS Suspension, TeamMichael_97RS, Sep-12-03 06:12 AM, #2
RE: TEIN SS Suspension, BuckNutty, Sep-12-03 06:17 AM, #3
      RE: TEIN SS Suspension, CoprEklipz, Sep-13-03 03:02 AM, #4
           RE: TEIN SS Suspension, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Sep-13-03 03:33 AM, #5
                RE: TEIN SS Suspension, CoprEklipz, Sep-13-03 04:25 AM, #6
                     RE: TEIN SS Suspension, Clay, Sep-13-03 01:19 PM, #7
                          RE: TEIN SS Suspension, invaznGST, Sep-13-03 02:22 PM, #8
                               RE: TEIN SS Suspension, MotoFool, Sep-13-03 06:28 PM, #9
                                    RE: TEIN SS Suspension, CoprEklipz, Sep-14-03 02:11 AM, #10
                                         RE: TEIN SS Suspension, MotoFool, Sep-15-03 12:45 AM, #11
                                              RE: TEIN SS Suspension, BuckNutty, Sep-15-03 01:45 AM, #12
                                                   RE: TEIN SS Suspension, MotoFool, Sep-15-03 09:40 AM, #13
                                                        RE: TEIN SS Suspension, BuckNutty, Sep-15-03 12:08 PM, #14
                                                             RE: TEIN SS Suspension, thedawg, Sep-15-03 01:20 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: TEIN SS Suspension, CoprEklipz, Sep-15-03 01:47 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: TEIN SS Suspension, MotoFool, Sep-15-03 09:20 PM, #17
                                                                            RE: TEIN SS Suspension, BuckNutty, Sep-16-03 01:54 AM, #18
                                                                                 RE: TEIN SS Suspension, MotoFool, Sep-16-03 06:54 PM, #19

JSep-12-03 05:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19868, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 0

Very kewl... Say it w/ me 10x over: "U get what U pay 4." My own ancyness is hopefully coming 2 an end as I'm finally get the stuff 2gether 2 drop my own using some Shunk2/Koni Yellow's. Just ordered a kit 2 replace all the brass rings & O-rings 4 the (used) coilovers. $44, not bad I suppose, could B worse. I always enjoyed a nice ride.

Speaking of which, isn't it amazing how far our cars have come down in price?!? I always thought I'd go 4 a GSX as a replacement if ever my (2nd) Eclipse died, but U can get a 3KGT VR-4 4 just about the same price as a Spyder (~$12)! HMMmmmmmmmm...... A Stroked 2.7L I-4 w/ Stage III+ Turbo vs. Twin Turbo V6, I dunno

Sorry 4 the rant, sounds kewl!
- J

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSSep-12-03 06:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#19869, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 0

I haven't been east, but been all aroun dthe midwest and west. And Illinois/ Chicago sprcifically are pretty much the worst I've seen.

They definately seem like a nice set up, would be nice to make the remote adjuster work.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Smooth idle? We don't need no stinking smooth idle.

Mods List:
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm

BuckNuttySep-12-03 06:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#19870, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 2

I have bottomed out my car so hardcore while going to/from/around Bills garage. Lemme say that KYB GR2's with Skunk2 coilovers blow ass!!! Sorry i couldn't get out there I promised my sis i would take her out for dinner, and working third shift i ended up pulling an all nighter. Needless to say, i was passed out and drooling on myself at about midnight. Perhapse you will be at the shootout next year?? I will definately be there.

CoprEklipzSep-13-03 03:02 AM
Member since May 23rd 2003
614 posts,
#19884, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 3

Glad you enjoyed the week of tooling around in a 2G with a good suspension I get to enjoy it every day...

Cept now after the accident there's all sorts of shit wrong up in my front end...I gotta fight to keep it going straight and it makes some seriously scary grinding noises...oh well, one more week and she's off the road for the winter and will be a whole new car come springtime.

Bill, there's a guy on dsmtrader selling SS coilovers for 700...grab them while you can!!!

ModeratorEvuLFleASep-13-03 03:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#19885, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 4

I've actually heard a lot of bad things about the Teins. Rusting being number 1.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

CoprEklipzSep-13-03 04:25 AM
614 posts,
#19886, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 5

The rusting problem seems to be focused on their drop springs.

And let's be honest, who cares about surface rust on coilovers? So they used some crappy paint. All I know is this is the sickest best handling setup I've ridden in....and you can't see my springs anyways...I'm too low

ClaySep-13-03 01:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#19889, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 6

The rust problem isn't as bad as its rumored to be. Just spray the coilovers with wd40 and its good to go.

95 GST | So-Cal

invaznGSTSep-13-03 02:22 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
#19890, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 7

i heard TEIN is like the best brand ever..expensive but well worth the money.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

MotoFoolSep-13-03 06:28 PM
2103 posts,
#19896, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 8

Tein, JIC, Tanabe, there are a couple other in the catagory but i am amazed with these teins...

Bill

CoprEklipzSep-14-03 02:11 AM
614 posts,
#19900, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 9

Like I said, check the trader guys, the same set up I have the Super Street Coilovers for 700....worth EVERY PENNY.

MotoFoolSep-15-03 12:45 AM
2103 posts,
#19918, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 10

*smacks scott god i really wanna use my credit card and buy those....

not fair stop egging me on!

Bill =)

BuckNuttySep-15-03 01:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#19919, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 11

"not fair stop egging me on!"

Do it...all the cool kids are getting them. Imagine all the chicks you would get if they saw you cruisin the block with them. Not to mention all teh cool car guys would wanna hang out with you

MotoFoolSep-15-03 09:40 AM
2103 posts,
#19928, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 12

oh but u dont wanna hangout with me bucknutty mr im sleeping instaed of car wrenchin... =)

ill get them someday
im buying engine and turbo parts right now...

Bill

BuckNuttySep-15-03 12:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#19931, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 13

Hey...I was pissed that i couldn't get out there. For some reason i can't stay up more then 48 hours anymore though

thedawgSep-15-03 01:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#19934, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 14
Sep-15-03 01:20 PM by thedawg

Motofool / Copper have you guys ridden in a JIC setup?

The guys with the RRE setup JIC's are seriously eating people up at the track.

http://www.whadeva.com/DSM/roadracing/SOW-dsmday-9-7-2003/videos/
See: beezt-mueller-tango.wmv

Just wanna know how they compare...

CoprEklipzSep-15-03 01:47 PM
614 posts,
#19938, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 15

I'm curious to see how they compare...I've heard nothing but good things about them too...but it'd be interesting to see if they're 100's better as their price is that much higher...

MotoFoolSep-15-03 09:20 PM
2103 posts,
#19949, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 16

no but jic whould be second choice for me as i know that they come pre tuned and setup for the 2g from rre...

Bill

bucknutty im just giving ya shit dudes..

BuckNuttySep-16-03 01:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#19954, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 17

"bucknutty im just giving ya shit dudes.."

I know Jus givin it back....muhhahahahehehe n whatnot

MotoFoolSep-16-03 06:54 PM
2103 posts,
#19979, "RE: TEIN SS Suspension"
In response to Reply # 18

scott u and being lazy about your sig pic i fixed it for ya u bum!

it was as big as my screen u fruit!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19864 Previous topic | Next topic