Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19787
View in linear mode

Subject: "Suspension help!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
1995EcliPseGsSep-07-03 03:40 PM
Member since May 29th 2003
121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19787, "Suspension help!!!"

I have H&R springs with tockico non adjustables...the ride is real shakey and bumpy..is there ne thing i can do about it.....brand names and prices would help me out alot too thx alot in advanced...th

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

turbo8uSep-09-03 09:09 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19805, "RE: Suspension help!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

get some adjustables and mess with that. tight in the back, somewhat stuff up front. i have KYB adjustables, 7 in the back 4 in the front.

useless tip that seems to work: mess with some FWD suspension settings on gran turismo 3 and get a feel for spring rates and shock bound and rebound. then you'll understand what exactly does what. fwd u want STIFF in the back.

hope that helps :-P
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Amish_EclipseSep-10-03 07:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#19849, "RE: Suspension help!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

stiff spring rates greatly reduces roll. spring rates that are to high (stiff) will make the car seem like it's on ice. not much traction at all.

if you boost it way up in the rear it promotes alot of oversteer at the cost of tirewear as the rear tires are always going to scrub laterally across the tarmac.

the trick is to set it so you have acceptable turn in while maintaining grip.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

turbo8uSep-11-03 02:04 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#19862, "RE: Suspension help!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

>stiff spring rates greatly reduces roll. spring rates that
>are to high (stiff) will make the car seem like it's on ice.
>not much traction at all.

um? how so. what springs do they make for our cars that actually lessen traction?

>if you boost it way up in the rear it promotes alot of
>oversteer

yes, true. but oversteer is better than understeer imo. tight in the back also encourages the back to slide out more in a turn. just find a happy medium, but always tighter in the back, even if its by a little bit. basic suspension rules for FWD.

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19787 Previous topic | Next topic