Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #193
View in linear mode

Subject: "which strut tower bar??" Previous topic | Next topic
DAVEFLDec-12-00 08:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
18 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#193, "which strut tower bar??"

I want to get a front strut tower bar. I heard that people have had problems with it fitting. Which one should I get for a guaranteed great fit?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: which strut tower bar??, Will, Dec-12-00 09:08 AM, #1
RE: which strut tower bar??, DAVEFL, Dec-12-00 10:35 AM, #3
RE: which strut tower bar??, TeamMichael_97RS, Dec-12-00 10:00 AM, #2
RE: which strut tower bar??, John99RS, Dec-12-00 11:30 AM, #4
      RE: which strut tower bar??, TeamMichael_97RS, Dec-13-00 02:04 AM, #7
RE: which strut tower bar??, Skrilla, Dec-12-00 02:11 PM, #5
I have a Suspension Techniques...., TeamDeanoD, Dec-12-00 03:16 PM, #6

WillDec-12-00 09:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
153 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#194, "RE: which strut tower bar??"
In response to Reply # 0

I have the Matrix bar, perfect fit.

Will
99 Black GS Sport

----------
Will
99 GS - Sold
05 G35C
2GNT Member #51

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DAVEFLDec-12-00 10:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
18 posts,
#195, "RE: which strut tower bar??"
In response to Reply # 1

Does yours cover the oil cap?

TeamMichael_97RSDec-12-00 10:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#196, "RE: which strut tower bar??"
In response to Reply # 0

I hav ethe Freedom Design Strut Tower Brace. Fits just fine, but it does cover the oil fill cap, so you have to loosed one end to change/fill oil. I don't know if there are ones out there that you don't block the oil fill cap or not.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

John99RSDec-12-00 11:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#197, "RE: which strut tower bar??"
In response to Reply # 2

If you get an aftermarket oil cap, you can get any kind of tower bar and still remove the cap without any problems. I have an OBX pollished oil cap(any one that fits a Honda will fit ours) and a Tenzo tower bar and it comes off with no problems

John
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

TeamMichael_97RSDec-13-00 02:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#198, "RE: which strut tower bar??"
In response to Reply # 4

Thanks John,
I didn't know that Honda oil caps would fit. I'll have to do a little shopping now.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

SkrillaDec-12-00 02:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#199, "RE: which strut tower bar??"
In response to Reply # 0

I have a matrix bar wich is actually made by OBX, I also have the OBX/Matrix rear upper and lower. Perfect fit!

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

TeamDeanoDDec-12-00 03:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#200, "I have a Suspension Techniques...."
In response to Reply # 0

front stb and the bend in the bar is made for a NT eclipse. It sits slightly higher over the oil cap and this allows me to change the oil(remove the cap)without disconnecting the stb. I have put a topspeed oil cap(honda)on and now I have even more clearance. The rear bars are pretty much the same. Check out the announcement section for a blowout deal on carbon front & rear stb SET for $80 plus shipping. This is not a sales pitch, but I thought you might want to know.....since you were shopping.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #193 Previous topic | Next topic