Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18791
View in threaded mode

Subject: "What do I need to know about air ride?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
9D9 MITSU RSJul-07-03 10:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18791, "What do I need to know about air ride?"

I basically NEED air ride to get my car around now. So, what do I need? I know there are bags, cylinders, and struts? I thought struts and cylinders were the same. What's the best thing to get with the actual bag, strut, cylinder, whatever?

Also, I need the suspension part, lines, fittings, a compressor, switches, and what else? Air tank or something? What all do I need to have a nice setup and how much am I probably looking to pay?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
9D9 MITSU RSJul-08-03 09:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18799, "RE: What do I need to know about air ride?"
In response to Reply # 0

ttmfn't

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

9D9 MITSU RSJul-09-03 09:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#18821, "RE: What do I need to know about air ride?"
In response to Reply # 1

WHO KNOWS? lol. damn

djtrickeeJul-10-03 04:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#18831, "RE: What do I need to know about air ride?"
In response to Reply # 2

Ask Widebody. He is the only one i can think of that has dealt with eclipse and air.. Just plan on never racing or cornering again...

ShockeclipseJul-10-03 07:23 PM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#18838, "RE: What do I need to know about air ride?"
In response to Reply # 3

air rods/struts would be your best bet, bags are mostly for trucks i am pretty sure. Hack shack (i beleive) told me they have a air rod kit for eclipse front/back only for around 1600 bucks bolt on. I will be ordering mine shortly i think, just ordered my HRC stage II though.

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

9D9 MITSU RSJul-12-03 12:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#18858, "RE: What do I need to know about air ride?"
In response to Reply # 4

My car has taken a new approach. It's a weekend/occassional sunny day driver now. I need to be able to maneuver around driveways, etc tho. It's a cruiser car now. I guess a damn new age hotrod/lowrider, whatever u wanna call it. I would love to have a nice handling car that would be fast and also win shows. Realistically, I don't see that. I can't even get the car on a trailer now. I don't think so anyway. It's too low. It's just not driveable. I want to be able to cruise the streets and enjoy it. So, whatever it takes I suppose.

steve0677Jul-12-03 07:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1464 posts,
#18860, "RE: What do I need to know about air ride?"
In response to Reply # 5

are u on a 40's series tire? if u got a 45 that would raise ur car some .6 inches which could help ya out alot.

wen u get ur 19's u wont have to get a smaller tire cuz it will already be a really low profile tire. check out this site for rims and tires its pretty cool

http://www.c5-corvette.com/tirecalc.htm

03 rally red evo viii - stock
cardomain page
http://www.cardomain.com/id/steve0677

96rs-tJul-13-03 01:27 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#18886, "RE: What do I need to know about air ride?"
In response to Reply # 6

glad to see you decided to keep your ride

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

dfreshJul-13-03 06:58 PM
Member since Aug 20th 2002
551 posts,
#18895, "RE: What do I need to know about air ride?"
In response to Reply # 7

i heard that u lose handling when u go with air.......but u ride like a lack......i also heard that u might have to cut out the inner fender well so u can lay it on the ground but that might be just trucks.....plus ok dont want to lay it....u just want to raise it.....

dfresh

will post more pics when front is painted

9D9 MITSU RSJul-13-03 10:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#18909, "RE: What do I need to know about air ride?"
In response to Reply # 8

Oh, I wanna lay it down at shows and when I'm parked. Cars look sick as fuck parked on the ground with big rims. I guess I shoulda bought a damn SUV or lexus and went balla style. I'm getting more into lowriding I guess. lmao

frag02Aug-03-03 12:12 PM
Member since May 30th 2003
11 posts,
#19267, "RE: What do I need to know about air ride?"
In response to Reply # 8

>i heard that u lose handling when u go with air.......but u
>ride like a lack......i also heard that u might have to cut
>out the inner fender well so u can lay it on the ground but
>that might be just trucks.....plus ok dont want to lay it....u
>just want to raise it.....
>
>

i didnt have to do anything to the fender wells of mine, but i did have to raise up the rear a notch due to my wheels were digging into my air cylinders in the rear. i thought about trying a camber kit in the rear to adjust it so that the wheels wouldnt hit the cylinders when its dropped all the way down, but havent tried yet. in that pic my air cylinders are 1 notch from the bottom which means it could go lower if i got a camber kit. i currently have it on its highest mark, until then, and it doesnt ride like a LAC. lol, its bouncy at times, but not unbearable, some one told me it rides better than there coilovers, but who knows. and handling id say you lose some because its not as stiff. but if your going show and not into autocrossing, whats it matter? well if it matters alot> wait untill air ride technologies make an AIR STRUT for our cars, it should be out real soon. its made with performance in mind, so they say, but im gonna try them when they come out.

~brad

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18791 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic