Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18340
View in linear mode

Subject: "$15 rear camber kit?!?!?!" Previous topic | Next topic
SLOWEST1Jun-12-03 02:32 AM
Member since Jun 12th 2002
35 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18340, "$15 rear camber kit?!?!?!"

I used this when I put my springs on (pro kit) and it worked fine but now I've taken off the rear springs and I put on coilovers so my tires won't rub the fender anymore, anyway last night I went to the tire shop to have my back tires rotated and I discovered that my rear tires are bald on the inside!!! no shit they have atleast 1/8inch tread on the outside of the tire and they are down to secondary rubber on the inside...........my question is if I add an extra washer to each side will it bring out the top of my wheel and possibly not ruin my new tires which should be here today?????

...hey man its a lowrider
not a racecar!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Danny95ESIJun-12-03 08:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
900 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18344, "RE: $15 rear camber kit?!?!?!"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-12-03 08:16 AM by Danny95ESI

dood, since you changed your pro kits out, you probably need an alignment and get your toes set straight.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

xeraxesJun-12-03 03:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
154 posts,
#18352, "RE: $15 rear camber kit?!?!?!"
In response to Reply # 1

depends on how much adjustment you need... get the ingalls adjustable camber kit off groupbuycenter.com i got mine for like 89 shipped. fix all your problems.

Jason
---------------------
99 White GS
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion
Apex-I S-AFC, Springs
AF/X Underdrive Pulley
Fully tied suspension

mrlocalpimpJun-15-03 12:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4518 posts,
#18409, "RE: $15 rear camber kit?!?!?!"
In response to Reply # 2

I forget how many washers the camber mod calls for, like 6 or something, but you can use more. the camber mod helped me but i still burnt up my tires. instead of 6 i used 10, with longer bolts. maybe dangerous tho, but i lived. Id think 8 maybe 9 is ok. tires lasted longer like that. i guess its safer to buy a real kit if its a major adjustment tho. i didnt.

I got banned for being a constant tard.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18340 Previous topic | Next topic