Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15735
View in linear mode

Subject: "please i need everyones opinions and help" Previous topic | Next topic
KSeclipseFeb-15-03 11:29 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
899 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15735, "please i need everyones opinions and help"

to some this is dumb but to me it really matters, i make minimum wage and cant afford to get burned again. I went through my dunlop sport a2's 215/50/17 in 8k miles. I have no lowering stuff or anything, stock suspension okay? now i know that's fucked up and believe me i'm not happy about it because that was like 600bucks out the window, now i'm starting over w/about 400 bucks and need to figure out wheter a sutimoto htr+ or kuhmo ecsta 711 will be better. Also shouuld i go 225/45/17 or stay 215/50/17

Nos Fogger Kit,AemCAI, TopFuel UDP, pacesetter cat-back, ARD bored 57mm t.b., P&P intake mani, Ractive front/rear strut bars,rear tie bar,eibach sportlines,tokico blues, morosso wires, ngkIX plugs, konig subzeros,proj. heads,gunmetal tails, rev.indiglow gauges,reverse light mod

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: please i need everyones opinions and help, MotoFool, Feb-15-03 01:28 PM, #1
RE: please i need everyones opinions and help, KSeclipse, Feb-15-03 10:45 PM, #2
RE: please i need everyones opinions and help, KSeclipse, Feb-16-03 08:42 AM, #3
      RE: please i need everyones opinions and help, WIKKI, Feb-16-03 11:23 AM, #4
      RE: please i need everyones opinions and help, domr, Feb-16-03 11:25 AM, #5
           RE: please i need everyones opinions and help, DemonEclipse, Feb-16-03 02:04 PM, #6
RE: please i need everyones opinions and help, KSeclipse, Feb-16-03 02:40 PM, #7
RE: please i need everyones opinions and help, HiOnPSI, Feb-16-03 03:59 PM, #8
      RE: please i need everyones opinions and help, KSeclipse, Feb-16-03 08:33 PM, #9
           RE: please i need everyones opinions and help, KSeclipse, Feb-17-03 06:23 AM, #10
                RE: please i need everyones opinions and help, KLIPZED, Feb-17-03 06:44 PM, #11
                     RE: please i need everyones opinions and help, Jen, Feb-18-03 09:04 AM, #12
                          RE: please i need everyones opinions and help, Erik, Feb-19-03 05:26 PM, #13

MotoFoolFeb-15-03 01:28 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15739, "RE: please i need everyones opinions and help"
In response to Reply # 0

i currently run the Kumho 711's

the sumitomos are softer(ie grip better but, wear out faster)

i got my kumhos 225/45/17 for 68$ each and got the 10$ tire replacement for them which came out to just under 350$ after taxes..

the 225's will give u better traction all around but will take a little more fuel to run them, IE Heavyier, and wider have more wind resitance..

im happy with my 225 kumhos,

if u want to save money get the 215's they should be cheaper..

Bill

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KSeclipseFeb-15-03 10:45 PM
899 posts,
#15747, "RE: please i need everyones opinions and help"
In response to Reply # 0

my total for 4 kuhmo's 711 is 315 shipped, and total for 4 sutimoto htr+ shipped is 390. I need to know which will last longest before purchasing, also, it will be these tires i use through the 115 degree summers here so i need to know all the info you have on these, i really appreciate your help so much, please excuse my frugality lol

Nos Fogger Kit,AemCAI, TopFuel UDP, pacesetter cat-back, ARD bored 57mm t.b., P&P intake mani, Ractive front/rear strut bars,rear tie bar,eibach sportlines,tokico blues, morosso wires, ngkIX plugs, konig subzeros,proj. heads,gunmetal tails, rev.indiglow gauges,reverse light mod

KSeclipseFeb-16-03 08:42 AM
899 posts,
#15751, "RE: please i need everyones opinions and help"
In response to Reply # 2

anyone?

WIKKIFeb-16-03 11:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#15752, "RE: please i need everyones opinions and help"
In response to Reply # 3

from what I have read in the past, it looks like the kuhmo ecsta 711's are the best tire for the $$. I don't recall ANYONE saying that they didn't like these tires. I would probably go with those. IMHO

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

domrFeb-16-03 11:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
107 posts,
#15753, "RE: please i need everyones opinions and help"
In response to Reply # 3

I bought the HTR+ a few months ago from Sears with a 40,000 mile warranty. Not sure if Sears still offers the deal. They were about 120 per tire for 225/45/17.

DemonEclipseFeb-16-03 02:04 PM
Member since Jan 19th 2003
165 posts,
#15756, "RE: please i need everyones opinions and help"
In response to Reply # 5

get kumho , i love mine, and theyre inexpensive, good deal!

intake, 2.5 exhaust w/gst muffler, pacesetter header, msd wires, ngk plugs, port and polish throttlebody, front and rear strut bars, 1.5' tenzo springs, 17" primax rims, kuhmo tires, leather interior, gsx sideskirts, BM shortshifter, GM fluid in trans...

KSeclipseFeb-16-03 02:40 PM
899 posts,
#15758, "RE: please i need everyones opinions and help"
In response to Reply # 0

allright, i went to sears to day and they said 125$ for the str+. Tire rack has them for 89$$ p.s. 215/50/17. And sears has a price match gaurantee so they said they'd match 89 dollars but it'd be a 15 dollar per tire charge in place of what shipping would have been from tirerack. Anyways, tirerack only charges 30 bucks for all 4 but sears says they'll match the price and add 60 for "shipping" costs. Should i go for tirerack and save 30 bucks or do sears and get the 40k mile warranty. I had a 50k mile warranty on my dunlops which lasted 8k and got fucked over and told i abused the tires and they will not be refunded, which i really dont abuse them, not anymore than the average amount. But will sears back up this warranty better or should i say to them and go for tirerack?

HiOnPSIFeb-16-03 03:59 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
2745 posts,
#15759, "RE: please i need everyones opinions and help"
In response to Reply # 7

dont buy tires from sears dude or anything else.

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS

14.21@101mph 10/4/02

KSeclipseFeb-16-03 08:33 PM
899 posts,
#15762, "RE: please i need everyones opinions and help"
In response to Reply # 8

why man? theyre the same ones as on tire rack? will they not back up theyr warranty?

KSeclipseFeb-17-03 06:23 AM
899 posts,
#15774, "RE: please i need everyones opinions and help"
In response to Reply # 9

anyone here bought tires from sears before?

KLIPZEDFeb-17-03 06:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
238 posts,
#15792, "RE: please i need everyones opinions and help"
In response to Reply # 10
Feb-17-03 06:48 PM by KLIPZED

Kuhmo, and id go with the 45's

edit=sorry didnt read all the posts till after...can the place where you got the tires before show that you did abuse the old ones...if not start talkin to managers...and movin up the chain

Walker
95 Minden Silver Klipz GS A/T
One day my car will be in one piece
AEM CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, Ported TB, Pro-Kit w/ Tociko Blues, 17" Excel TZ-7s(Gunmetal),SilverNT's rear carpet kit(lovin it), Interfire 1200w amp pushin 2 kicker comp 12's

JenFeb-18-03 09:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#15805, "RE: please i need everyones opinions and help"
In response to Reply # 11

I have a set of Sumitomos. They're cheap and all, but wear FAST. The Nittos on my other 2 cars last at least 3-4 times longer. Plus they suck on wet pavement and when doing burnouts they shred and sling black crap all over the side of the car. At first I liked them, but the longer I have them the more disappointing they are.

Jen
95 Eagle Talon ESi
97 Mitsubishi Spyder GS-T
90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
91 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
91 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

ErikFeb-19-03 05:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1536 posts,
#15854, "RE: please i need everyones opinions and help"
In response to Reply # 12

I run the Kumhos w/ no probs. They actually held up better at the track then my BFG's. If you don't mind me asking, but where in KS did you get your previous tires? BTW the Sears on Metcalf and 95th are worthless and I wouldn't let them be responsible for checking the blinker fluid. If you need some help, I can talk to whomever you bought tires from and use my ASE creditbility to make some new tires appear. No way can to determine abused and normal wear, so they should pick up the tab.

Shit is all apart. Typical...

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15735 Previous topic | Next topic