Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15363
View in linear mode

Subject: "Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!" Previous topic | Next topic
AttrayantJan-29-03 02:59 PM
Member since May 25th 2003
286 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15363, "Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!"

Hi, I just got my front Eibach camber kit in the mail today, and it looks differnt then what I'm used to seeing as far as camber kits go for our cars. Is this right? How do I get these things on? Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS - Sold
1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!, zhr420, Jan-29-03 05:59 PM, #1
RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!, TeamXtremeRS, Jan-29-03 06:00 PM, #2
RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!, zhr420, Jan-29-03 08:24 PM, #3
RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!, Attrayant, Jan-30-03 02:43 AM, #4
      RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!, John99RS, Jan-31-03 11:24 AM, #5
           RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!, Z87RSMan, Jan-31-03 12:34 PM, #6
RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!, chaye, Feb-02-03 01:05 AM, #7
      RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!, eclipse_gs_1512, Feb-02-03 03:57 PM, #8

zhr420Jan-29-03 05:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15369, "RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!"
In response to Reply # 0

awww.. that doesn't look like a camber kit, but i may be wrong.
where did you get whatever those are?
later
"Z"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSJan-29-03 06:00 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#15370, "RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!"
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-29-03 06:01 PM by XtremeRS

That looks like the Eibach camber kits. Basically, those will replace your stock control arm bushings, which needs to be pressed in. PITA to do, if you dont use a press. The Ingalls kits will be much easier to put in, as they will replace the whole bushing assembly that connects to the control arm. I call them the "legs" of the upper control arms in the front..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

zhr420Jan-29-03 08:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#15373, "RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!"
In response to Reply # 2

stock control arm bushing? do ya mean the rubber thing that goes in between the spring and the plastic piece that has the studs we see in the engine compartment. are those better than the ingalls "legs"
later
"Z"

AttrayantJan-30-03 02:43 AM
Member since May 25th 2003
286 posts,
#15374, "RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!"
In response to Reply # 3

bah, screw that, time to sell this on ebay and get the ingalls kit. Thanks for the help

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS - Sold
1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

John99RSJan-31-03 11:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#15398, "RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah man...hate to tell you, but those suck ass. Those are the ones I had up until last week(ones I mentioned above). Get rid of them and get the ingalls...please!! You will save yourself A LOT of grief.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Z87RSManJan-31-03 12:34 PM
Member since Mar 07th 2002
2188 posts,
#15400, "RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!"
In response to Reply # 5

I pressed it on mine, had no trouble once they were on and the front is perfect.

Luke

1998 Mustang GT 5-speed
2002 Lone Star Shelby Cobra Replica

chayeFeb-02-03 01:05 AM
Member since Apr 28th 2002
420 posts,
#15411, "RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!"
In response to Reply # 2

problem u might run into is that with the ignalls your placing the upper arm about 1" out ward ..maybe less well anyways bottom line is your a arm will hit the inner fender and your car will now lower it will sith on the fender so maybe a grinder will work dont know...but tought id let uknow since i have this problem}(

eclipse_gs_1512Feb-02-03 03:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#15429, "RE: Camber kit not right??? Help! Pics!"
In response to Reply # 7

I went with the ingalls kit on my 97 gs.....it straightened everything out real nice. The guys had the kit on in maybe a half hour, they didn't have any problems installing. Everything worked out real well.

2007 wrx

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15363 Previous topic | Next topic