Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15264
View in linear mode

Subject: "$15 rear camber..." Previous topic | Next topic
coppereclipse95Jan-27-03 08:56 AM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
1068 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15264, "$15 rear camber..."

I have done the $15 rear camber mod, except I've put 7 washers instead fo 4. Has anyone else done this? Even with seven, I can still see my camber agnles being bad. Do you guys think its safe to add more to it? Or too much? I just went through NEW tires in less than 3k miles... I got prokits on right now. Could it have been my tires??? Tell me what you guys think! Can't afford tires every other month!!

1995 Eclipse RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: $15 rear camber..., fasterGS, Jan-27-03 09:00 AM, #1
RE: $15 rear camber..., coppereclipse95, Jan-27-03 09:17 AM, #2
      RE: $15 rear camber..., Mystic511, Jan-27-03 10:24 AM, #3
           RE: $15 rear camber..., shuwa29, Jan-27-03 11:24 AM, #4
                RE: $15 rear camber..., fauchpj, Jan-27-03 11:31 AM, #5
                     RE: $15 rear camber..., coppereclipse95, Jan-27-03 12:41 PM, #6
                          RE: $15 rear camber..., Amish_Eclipse, Jan-27-03 01:04 PM, #7
                               RE: $15 rear camber..., coppereclipse95, Jan-27-03 06:11 PM, #8
                                    RE: $15 rear camber..., HiOnPSI, Jan-28-03 10:25 AM, #9
RE: $15 rear camber..., TeamXtremeRS, Jan-28-03 04:30 PM, #10
RE: $15 rear camber..., coppereclipse95, Jan-29-03 07:14 AM, #11
RE: $15 rear camber..., ez, Jan-29-03 09:36 AM, #12
RE: $15 rear camber..., coppereclipse95, Feb-05-03 03:18 AM, #13

fasterGSJan-27-03 09:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15265, "RE: $15 rear camber..."
In response to Reply # 0

Did you get an alignment yet? Most tire wear is due to the toe being out of adjustment. I think 7 washers is pushing it a bit, I wouldn't go more than 6 myself. With a 2" drop and 4 washers my rear tires didn't wear at all in 4-5 months.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

coppereclipse95Jan-27-03 09:17 AM
1068 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15266, "RE: $15 rear camber..."
In response to Reply # 1

My toes should be set right. I took it to a shop near by here. My toes should be sittin correctly. Could it be the tire then? I got H rated Kumhos. My fronts are in normal condition with no major wear on one side. I don't know how much the prokits drops but....i don't know... I guess I could try to get my toes checked at a different place.

1995 Eclipse RS

Mystic511Jan-27-03 10:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#15267, "RE: $15 rear camber..."
In response to Reply # 2

seven washers??? Maybe you have a positive camber now?

Did you get longer bolts for the 7 washers? If not, that's not too safe... and if you did get a longer bolt.. the bolt itself might have bent or warped because 7 washers is just too much for it to hold.

I have pro-kits as well and I only used 4 to be within spec. 4-5 should definately be enough.

I would examine that bolt and take out some washers.. then go to alignment shop and realign everything. Something isn't right.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

shuwa29Jan-27-03 11:24 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#15271, "RE: $15 rear camber..."
In response to Reply # 3

i too am lowered around 2-2.25 inch mark and i used 4 washers and that brought me into .5 degrees of factory specs. so i added 2 more and now i need to get it realligned again. so i would say 6 should do you fine. but do get an allignment.
later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

fauchpjJan-27-03 11:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#15272, "RE: $15 rear camber..."
In response to Reply # 4

well first off, how much are you dropped

7 sounds like too much for that bolt unless you got a longer one

i used 5 on my 1.5" drop and it was well within specs

get an alignment and then look at the printout they give you of your camber and toe

coppereclipse95Jan-27-03 12:41 PM
1068 posts,
#15273, "RE: $15 rear camber..."
In response to Reply # 5

I really don't know how much i'm dropped. All i know is that i got prokits on illuminas. So you guys don't think it could be the H-rated tires??? Maybe because its harder and stuff??? I do keep about 37psi in it though...Maybe thats the reason....i dunno...

1995 Eclipse RS

Amish_EclipseJan-27-03 01:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#15274, "RE: $15 rear camber..."
In response to Reply # 6

you can't look at it to tell if it's 'off'. remember we're supposed to be negative in the rear. it wouldn't be your tire. if it was it would look crooken when it was taken off the car. plus you'd hear it when you drove. after you do the mod you need to get it aligned. unless you've had one recently your most likely out anyway. be sure to go somewhere that gives like a 6 month warranty. let them adjust it and tell you how far out your rear is after like 5 washers. if they say your still to negative to be in spec add 1 more washer for a total of 6. than go take it back to check the alignment. unless your like Lt. commander data you can't tell what your camber angle is by looking at the tire. you can tell when a car is way out but you can't tell if it's correct.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

coppereclipse95Jan-27-03 06:11 PM
1068 posts,
#15305, "RE: $15 rear camber..."
In response to Reply # 7

I'll get my car checked tomorrow and see how much I'm off by. I swear my tires look like /-\. It looks pretty bad just by looking. two months ago, my readings were -3.2(left rear) and -3.0(right rear). But that was without the $15 mod...i'll find out tomorrow!!! Thanks guys

1995 Eclipse RS

HiOnPSIJan-28-03 10:25 AM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
2745 posts,
#15321, "RE: $15 rear camber..."
In response to Reply # 8

i did 6, and my rear tires do not show uneven wear anymore. this is with the sportlines.

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS

14.21@101mph 10/4/02

TeamXtremeRSJan-28-03 04:30 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#15335, "RE: $15 rear camber..."
In response to Reply # 0

I think i got about 5 on my 2" rear drop on the H&R sports, and my rear tires wear perfectly. I went all spring and summer without any abnormal wear on the rears. My alignment spec sheet that was given to me verified my specs. I personally would not put 7 washers on. If you need that much camber correction, then purchase some Ingalls rear camber kits, as those are made to correct safely for that much negative camber.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

coppereclipse95Jan-29-03 07:14 AM
1068 posts,
#15345, "RE: $15 rear camber..."
In response to Reply # 10

How much air do you guys keep in your tires??? The tire shop told me that I should keep it near 40. Even though stock said low 30s.

1995 Eclipse RS

ezJan-29-03 09:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#15356, "RE: $15 rear camber..."
In response to Reply # 10

that seems really weird that you need that many washers for just prokits :o

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

coppereclipse95Feb-05-03 03:18 AM
1068 posts,
#15473, "RE: $15 rear camber..."
In response to Reply # 0

I had to get new rear tires because they were showing some wires.. But, then I took it to get it alighned. the camber numbers are: FRONT: L -2.1 R -1.9 REAR: L -2.5 R -2.4 So how do they sound? Still bad after 7 washers??? I got some H-rated Kumhos @~37psi. Do you think this can fix my tire replacement every 3 months??? I went throu tire changes before I even had a chance to change my oil! lol They did tell me that my rear toes were off by an inch. WOW....

1995 Eclipse RS

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15264 Previous topic | Next topic