Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #150
View in linear mode

Subject: "koni adjustable shocks" Previous topic | Next topic
mike_dDec-05-00 05:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#150, "koni adjustable shocks"

anybody have any experience with these? are they easy to adjust? any info is appreciated

95 Talon ESi-T

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMichael_97RSDec-06-00 01:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#151, "RE: koni adjustable shocks"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't have them, but I've heard good things. They've been used by good tuners on their cars. I'm debating between the Konis, Tokicos Illuminas, or KYBs, when I lower.

Yes they are easily adjusted, it's just a knob on the top you turn, one for firmer, other to soften the ride.
Unlike the 1st gen units, the rears had to be removed to be adjusted.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Armond30Dec-09-00 11:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#152, "RE: koni adjustable shocks"
In response to Reply # 0

I have them. they have lasted a long time, and they are STILL strong. they have full adjustablity, so you aren't limited to "presets". I consider it to be the best replacement strut for DSM excluding coil-over struts. I am nto impressed with kyb (i have seen a set trashed before) and tokico are ok........i guess. the only thing bad about koni is the price.

Have fun!

IrfanDec-09-00 12:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
566 posts,
#153, "i hear they're good"
In response to Reply # 0

i have tokico illuminas. they're great. they are pretty harsh on the hardest setting, even with 16's. i need new tires before i can push them to their limits.

2GNT Member #76, since Fall 1999

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX-8
Drove: 1999 Saab 9-5 SE
1999 Eclipse GS Hahn Stage 1

SkrillaDec-10-00 01:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#154, "RE: koni adjustable shocks"
In response to Reply # 0

The Konis are good, and depending on what you want they should have them like adj. or non-adj. Th Illuminas are the better ones which show in the price and adjustability. Unless you plan on some serious racing or autocrossing you can't tell the difference between the Koni adj and Illuminas adj. I have the 5ways and are very nice, even for the short amount of time I rode on them, they also have a lifetime warranty. I'm not sure about Koni's warranty but my Ground Control/Illumina setup is nic

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

TeamMichael_97RSDec-11-00 03:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#155, "RE: koni adjustable shocks"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks guys.
Now my debate is between the Illumina and the Koni.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #150 Previous topic | Next topic