Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #14680
View in linear mode

Subject: "2 different KYB AGX front struts from TireRack??" Previous topic | Next topic
OZ_GSJan-05-03 10:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14680, "2 different KYB AGX front struts from TireRack??"

So I went to the TireRack website to get my front KYB AGX struts and I notice they have 2 options. One for stock ride height and one for lowered cars.

I know RRE says they don't recommend these struts on lowered cars because of the front stuts riding on the bumpstops. So is this strut designed for lowered cars the fix for that issue? and are the back struts ok on lowered cars?

Just wondering because if this is the case I may go a bit lower than prokits....

Chad

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

KarlJan-05-03 12:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
289 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14681, "RE: 2 different KYB AGX front struts from TireRack??"
In response to Reply # 0

That is odd on TireRack's website stating that there are two different KYB AGX struts available. As far as I know, KYB only made one AGX set for the 2G FWD. Even on KYB's site, it only shows one AGX-- part number: 741042 2WD Front. To verify, give KYB and TireRack a call. Most likely, TireRack made a mistake. The reason why the AGX is not recommended for the 2G's is that front shock body is too long for lowering springs. You can try the AGX but be warned.

Karl
97 GS
04 BMW 330i ZHP

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

optamixJan-06-03 12:59 PM
Member since Jan 06th 2003
2 posts,
#14682, "RE: 2 different KYB AGX front struts from TireRack??"
In response to Reply # 1

They did have a problem with the front struts collapsing with a lowerd ride on a 2nd gen. They corrected this problem but still offer the the original for stock ride height. Choose the one you need, lowerd or stock.
--Timothy

JZA69Jan-07-03 04:13 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
373 posts,
#14683, "RE: 2 different KYB AGX front struts from TireRack??"
In response to Reply # 2

when i had to replace my shocks over the summer i found out about those KYB's.....pretty much, they didnt solve the problem...Frankly, just buy tokicos.

1997 Eclipse GS
AEM CAI
Apex'i N1 Catback
Greddy Header
5% window tint
Front-Rear-Lower Rear STB's
Yellow Painted Calipers
1st gen altezzas with original painted center piece
Soon-Tokico Illum's or Blues

RoadRacingDSMJan-07-03 05:16 AM
Member since Aug 14th 2002
127 posts,
#14684, "RE: 2 different KYB AGX front struts from TireRack??"
In response to Reply # 3

I'm going to be honest with you. AGX's suck. I had both on my GS and the Illuminas are 172x better than the AGX's.

2005 Evo 8

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #14680 Previous topic | Next topic