Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #13755
View in linear mode

Subject: "$15 camber mod question...." Previous topic | Next topic
mrlocalpimpNov-29-02 10:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4518 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13755, "$15 camber mod question...."

Well I bought the crap I needed today. Anyways, those M10 washers that it says to use, 4 on each bolt. Those washers are so thin and everything that the 4 combined don't seem to wide, like it doesnt seem like it would do to much....... You get my drift? I have dropzones, maybe a 2" drop. It just doesnt seem like this mod wil affect it much. Can I use longer bolts with more washers to make it do more? Or to unsafe? Hmmmm..... Maybe Im just under estimating it?

I got banned for being a constant tard.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: $15 camber mod question...., fasterGS, Nov-29-02 11:21 AM, #1
RE: $15 camber mod question...., mrlocalpimp, Nov-29-02 11:45 AM, #2
RE: $15 camber mod question...., TeamXtremeRS, Nov-29-02 11:50 AM, #3
RE: $15 camber mod question...., pn0ymahal, Nov-29-02 01:53 PM, #4
      RE: $15 camber mod question...., mrlocalpimp, Nov-29-02 03:31 PM, #5
           RE: $15 camber mod question...., 9D9 MITSU RS, Nov-29-02 07:14 PM, #6

fasterGSNov-29-02 11:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13756, "RE: $15 camber mod question...."
In response to Reply # 0

The 4 washers is equal to about a degree of correction if I remember correctly. I was dropped 2" also and the 4 washers was not enough. After three months of riding around with the bolts and washers on the rear and nothing on the front my rear tires were perfect and my front were bald on the inside. You don't necessarily need a longer bolt to use more washers. Is is safe to use more washers? Reasonably safe, as long as you aren't putting 8 washers on or something like that. I wouldn't go past 6, but that is just me.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mrlocalpimpNov-29-02 11:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4518 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13757, "RE: $15 camber mod question...."
In response to Reply # 1

Ok thanks. I guess I do.... 5 washers. I have terrible inside wear on the back tires, not to bad wear on the fronts. Front is dropped just as much, but doesnt wear to bad. Weird. Anyways, Ill keep the same size bolts and use 5-6 washers each bolt. Hope this is safe...

TeamXtremeRSNov-29-02 11:50 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#13758, "RE: $15 camber mod question...."
In response to Reply # 0

For my 1.75" drop in the rear, i needed about 6 total for factory spec rear camber..Dont go more thatn that; if you need more, get the ingalls rear camber kit..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

pn0ymahalNov-29-02 01:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#13759, "RE: $15 camber mod question...."
In response to Reply # 3

use 4-6 washers max. i would do the min, and go get a alin for your ride to see if it could be in factory specs dude... the less washers the better...
good luck

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
Stage 3 process begins gathering parts for rebuild

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

mrlocalpimpNov-29-02 03:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4518 posts,
#13760, "RE: $15 camber mod question...."
In response to Reply # 4

Thanks everyone, youre all a great help. Im going to do five... Should be fun getting off the bolts

9D9 MITSU RSNov-29-02 07:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#13761, "RE: $15 camber mod question...."
In response to Reply # 5

do 6 imo. If 4 is 1 degree- u have to realize, with about a 2" drop I had about 2 degrees of - camber. so, 6 washers=1.5. why not do 8 with a longer bolt? I actually had an alignment shop do mine so they could tell me if it was right.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #13755 Previous topic | Next topic