Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #116
View in linear mode

Subject: "lowering springs" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse_gsDec-04-00 09:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116, "lowering springs"

I'm about to lower my 95gs anywhere from an 1 inch to 1.5 inches. From what I've heard in various posts, I wont need any camber correction kits in the front or the back. Is this true??
I'm waiting for my 17 inch wheels to get here on Monday. I kind of want to get the wheels put on at the same time I lower the car. Btw, any opinions on the no brand el cheapo springs for sale nearly everywhere for 99 bux?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMichael_97RSDec-04-00 09:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117, "RE: lowering springs"
In response to Reply # 0

I say go with the Eibach Pro kit 1.3" drop probably closer to 1.5". I suggest doing the shocks at the same time. Stock shocks don't last long once lowered. You'll wind up changing them soon anyway and then you'll be paying for another alignment that you could have avoided. I think the rear need a camber kit but the front doesn't if you're going with a 1 or 1.5 inch drop.
I think I'm going with Eibach Pro Kit and Tokico Illuminas when I drop mine.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

cyanDec-04-00 12:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#118, "el cheapo springs..."
In response to Reply # 1

it seems kinda hard to screw up a spring, so i wouldnt think the cheap ones would be any less quality thwn the name brands, they may just settle more, but thats not a bad thing

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

TeamJasonESi_TDec-04-00 05:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#119, "RE: el cheapo springs..."
In response to Reply # 2

Maybe, but I woldn't be too sure of that Cyan. I read the ASOG board a lot, and they have horror stories all the time about bad coilovers and bad springs as well.

The "Bottom-out Syndrome." (chills)

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

cyanDec-04-00 05:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#120, "RE: el cheapo springs..."
In response to Reply # 3

yeah i would definately watch out for bad coilovers i know all about that. but like i said the only problem to watch with springs is their spring rate because they may sit as well as compress a lot lower than they should. but most of the bargain springs are sold by lowrider shops for people (like me) who want the lowest ride possible, so if your looking for a pro-kit type drop less than 2 inches, stay away from the cheepies

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #116 Previous topic | Next topic