Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1139
View in linear mode

Subject: "springs-Do what i did" Previous topic | Next topic
piloto465Mar-19-01 03:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
16 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1139, "springs-Do what i did"

cut them your self easy just need tools. What i did I $ a book of my car RS repair manual, read a little and bam did it itook the shocks of the whole unit like the book said went over my frieds crib and bowerd his compresor and die grider and i cut them just 1inch in a half you know from the top end you measure one two rounds cut that's it, I slap them on and my car lowered 2 inches brother I saved about 200 bucks. I had 4 inches of gap puting from stock 14teen I went to 17teen ADR in white with low profile tires they look fat on a black eclipse well if any body need help e-mail me edison465@msn.com NIck name piloto. I need help I don't know how to do the images thing I want to put my car's photo on.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: springs-Do what i did, piloto465, Mar-19-01 04:30 AM, #1
RE: springs-Do what i did, TeamStan2gnt, Mar-19-01 08:15 AM, #2
RE: springs-Do what i did, RyaN95i4, Mar-19-01 10:08 AM, #3
I ditto that..., Skrilla, Mar-19-01 11:04 AM, #4
      RE: I ditto that..., cyan, Mar-19-01 11:26 AM, #5
           RE: I ditto that..., ModeratorEvuLFleA, Mar-19-01 04:17 PM, #6
                RE: I ditto that..., EvMan2345, Mar-19-01 05:04 PM, #8
                     RE: I ditto that..., ModeratorEvuLFleA, Mar-20-01 12:22 AM, #9
RE: springs-Do what i did, Will, Mar-19-01 04:48 PM, #7
Will, Lee, Mar-20-01 12:23 AM, #10
      RE: Will, piloto465, Mar-20-01 01:31 AM, #11

piloto465Mar-19-01 04:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
16 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1140, "RE: springs-Do what i did"
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 19-Mar-01 AT 09:31 AM (PST)

about images i know now thank you any ways.And about the springs then I put a custom sticker that ways made at a computer sticker place store near bye that says eibach spring cool later bye who ever rep----.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamStan2gntMar-19-01 08:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#1141, "RE: springs-Do what i did"
In response to Reply # 0

You saved $200 but what have you done to ride quality, performance and safety. Even threaded collars can be had for $150 and you can raise and lower all you want. As for images read the top of the page in red the next time you post. Just click on the pic you intend to use, click properties and right down the URL. sometimes like with photopoint you have to add .jpg at the end of it.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

RyaN95i4Mar-19-01 10:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#1142, "RE: springs-Do what i did"
In response to Reply # 0

aww man, you cut your springs . thats like the worse thing (besides heating) you can do for quailty, performance, and safety. enjoy the bounce, and hope they dont collapse on you

www.groundfloormotorsports.com

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

SkrillaMar-19-01 11:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1143, "I ditto that..."
In response to Reply # 3

on stock springs that is a BIG NO NO

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

cyanMar-19-01 11:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1144, "RE: I ditto that..."
In response to Reply # 4

im assuming your new to this right?
i thought you cut your stock springs, why did you put on an eibach sticker if you dont have eibach springs? and why would you pay for someone to make an eibach sticker? you can call them and get one for free
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

ModeratorEvuLFleAMar-19-01 04:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#1145, "RE: I ditto that..."
In response to Reply # 5

I got my intrax springs on today and the ride is soooo incredibly good. The only other eclipse/talons I have driven had sprint springs and the other skunk2 coil-overs. I think my intrax springs felt so much better. The ride is great and they lowered ~1.7 or so. I would gladly pay a the money to have a better ride and what not. Whats up with the eibach sticker...Are you joking?

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

EvMan2345Mar-19-01 05:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#1146, "RE: I ditto that..."
In response to Reply # 6

evulflea- how much were the intrax springs?

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

ModeratorEvuLFleAMar-20-01 12:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#1147, "RE: I ditto that..."
In response to Reply # 8

New I think they are over $200 but I got some from a buddy on here, which I will send the check today god damnit Im a procastinator. I saw some on the parts trader the other day too! Once in a while there are some on ebay like just last week I think.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

WillMar-19-01 04:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
153 posts,
#1148, "RE: springs-Do what i did"
In response to Reply # 0

piloto465.....

You drive a Honda don't you.....

Will
99 Black GS

----------
Will
99 GS - Sold
05 G35C
2GNT Member #51

LeeMar-20-01 12:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
#1149, "Will"
In response to Reply # 7

You read my mind!

Lee
http://www.geocities.com/turbo99gs

HRC Stage II
Coming Soon!

piloto465Mar-20-01 01:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
16 posts,
#1150, "RE: Will"
In response to Reply # 10

Good, you guys got my attention. I drive an 1997 Rs with weapon R intake,Matix muffler, eliminated cat, did it my self I put a staight pipe with flenjes and bolts just incase I have to put the cat back on.Still shoping for headers, boch platinum 4 leget one's,accel 8mm wire's and 17teen inch rims-ADR-in white color with low profile tires. The car is nice I bougth it as a birth day present last year with about 45 thousand miles it has leather interior sun roof and is black is nice I like it, well later guys please rep-to this message bye.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1139 Previous topic | Next topic