Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11004
View in linear mode

Subject: "what are good struts with prokits?" Previous topic | Next topic
95ALLmotorFWDJul-22-02 02:58 PM
Member since Apr 21st 2002
203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11004, "what are good struts with prokits?"

whats the best strut for the prokits? best ride??

Boostless and loving it!
Way to many mods to list!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: what are good struts with prokits?, pn0ymahal, Jul-22-02 04:07 PM, #1
RE: what are good struts with prokits?, Doug96GS, Jul-22-02 04:56 PM, #2
      RE: what are good struts with prokits?, chachi, Jul-22-02 08:22 PM, #3
           RE: what are good struts with prokits?, Clay, Jul-25-02 04:26 AM, #4
                RE: what are good struts with prokits?, Chowmane99, Jul-25-02 05:27 AM, #5
                     RE: what are good struts with prokits?, Creamo3, Jul-26-02 02:23 AM, #6
                          Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues, bokchoi, Feb-14-04 12:48 AM, #7
                               RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues, Doug96GS, Feb-14-04 04:41 AM, #8
                                    RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues, bokchoi, Feb-14-04 10:59 PM, #9
                                         RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues, develitate, Feb-15-04 05:35 PM, #10
                                              RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues, DSM_John, Feb-16-04 06:16 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues, Hult250R, Feb-17-04 02:53 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues, OZ_GS, Feb-20-04 07:11 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues, Hult250R, Feb-21-04 08:05 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues, EricBss7, Feb-21-04 08:13 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues, Initial DSM, Feb-24-04 11:28 AM, #16
                                                                            RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-24-04 02:45 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues, OZ_GS, Mar-02-04 10:17 AM, #18
                                                                                      RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues, eclipse_gs_1512, Mar-02-04 04:20 PM, #19

pn0ymahalJul-22-02 04:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11005, "RE: what are good struts with prokits?"
In response to Reply # 0

depends on how much u want to spend. if u want more of a agressive handling a bit more get the tokico blues ...

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Doug96GSJul-22-02 04:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#11006, "RE: what are good struts with prokits?"
In response to Reply # 1

I'll second that

chachiJul-22-02 08:22 PM
Member since Jun 07th 2002
198 posts,
#11007, "RE: what are good struts with prokits?"
In response to Reply # 2

Where is a good place to find them and what kind of price?

ClayJul-25-02 04:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#11008, "RE: what are good struts with prokits?"
In response to Reply # 3

wtb tokico illuminas?

95 GST | So-Cal

Chowmane99Jul-25-02 05:27 AM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
391 posts,
#11009, "RE: what are good struts with prokits?"
In response to Reply # 4

I have STOCK Shocks/Struts with my Eiback Pro-kit on my 98 Eclipse Spyder.

It's been about 6 months now and everything is fine. A buddy of mine has the same setup for over a year now with no problems.

I love it. It's not a harsh ride at all. I think when they blow in another year or two, I'm gonna get the same shocks/spring. They only $25.00 or so each and I can install them myself (Simple).

Later,

Mike
98 Eclipse Spyder

Creamo3Jul-26-02 02:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
227 posts,
#11010, "RE: what are good struts with prokits?"
In response to Reply # 5

I have tokico blues and the ride is still pretty good with eibach sportlines. It is a little bouncy on the highway, but it hangs corners with the best of them. I bought mine from www.shox.com

99'Black GS OZ Edition

bokchoiFeb-14-04 12:48 AM
Member since Jan 29th 2003
412 posts,
#22458, "Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues"
In response to Reply # 6
Feb-14-04 12:49 AM by bokchoi

For those with Prokits and Tokico Blues, do you guys find your rides a little harsh? As in being bouncy as hell...it was almost similar to my blown stock struts....the cornering however is really good but the ride was getting me sick. Am I suppose to let it adjust for awhile or is this what I'm riding for the next couple of years?

Doug96GSFeb-14-04 04:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#22459, "RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by bokchoi
For those with Prokits and Tokico Blues, do you guys find your rides a little harsh? As in being bouncy as hell...it was almost similar to my blown stock struts....the cornering however is really good but the ride was getting me sick. Am I suppose to let it adjust for awhile or is this what I'm riding for the next couple of years?

I wouldn't call the ride harsh, stiff is more like it. The car does not bounce at all. You have tokico blues and it's bouncy? If it's truly bouncy, like it would be if you had blown struts, then there's something wrong. If it's bumpy then everything is fine and you just need to get used to it.

bokchoiFeb-14-04 10:59 PM
Member since Jan 29th 2003
412 posts,
#22475, "RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues"
In response to Reply # 8

hmmm yeah i think i was looking for bumpy instead...hehe thanks. Guess ill live with em

develitateFeb-15-04 05:35 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
128 posts,
#22488, "RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues"
In response to Reply # 9

Tokico

DSM_JohnFeb-16-04 06:16 AM
Member since Jan 08th 2004
58 posts,
#22494, "RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues"
In response to Reply # 10

KYB AGX. They're adjustable.

Hult250RFeb-17-04 02:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#22517, "RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues"
In response to Reply # 11

what about the GR2's i realize theyre not adjustable but what kind of ride do they give with the pro-kits?
I had them with Skunk2 coilovers on my old car and they were kinda rough. what about with pro-kits?

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

OZ_GSFeb-20-04 07:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#22553, "RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues"
In response to Reply # 12

I will second the KYB AGX's. I have had the prikits on the AGX's for over a year now and love them.

Chad

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

Hult250RFeb-21-04 08:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#22565, "RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by OZ_GS
I will second the KYB AGX's. I have had the prikits on the AGX's for over a year now and love them. Chad

hows the ride with the AGX's and Pro-Kits? I just ordered a set of AGX's to go with the pro-kits ive been waiting to install when the snow melts.
How much difference does adjusting them make? Like how big of a difference is there from the softest setting to the hardest?

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

EricBss7Feb-21-04 08:13 AM
Member since Nov 10th 2003
407 posts,
#22566, "RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues"
In response to Reply # 14

I second the stock shocks/struts for the price issue. I got pro kits on Monroes(same as stock) and i love them. I'm still waiting for my springs to settle a little more in the front though. The gap is killing me.

Initial DSMFeb-24-04 11:28 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
#22624, "RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues"
In response to Reply # 15

How come no one said Illuminas? Arent they rated better than the blues?

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-24-04 02:45 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#22627, "RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues"
In response to Reply # 16

i have KONI yellow and prokit....love it for a year now. adjustment is great huge difference from soft to hard settings.

lifetime warrenty is nice on the struts/shocks too

Terry

OZ_GSMar-02-04 10:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#22731, "RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues"
In response to Reply # 17

I love the ride with the AGX's. I just ended a 1400 mile road trip each way with 2 passengers and no complaints from anyone about the ride. Plus I love the cornering. I can usually take those circle on ramps at close to 80 or so and the car sticks to the road really well.

Chad

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

eclipse_gs_1512Mar-02-04 04:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#22733, "RE: Pro-Kits with Tokico Blues"
In response to Reply # 18

don't waste your money on the kyb agxs...koni yellows all the way. i had agxs for a while and then switched to yellows...hugeeee improvement!!!!

2007 wrx

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11004 Previous topic | Next topic