Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9694
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ground Control Coilovers" Previous topic | Next topic
Pinoy97GSMay-28-02 04:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
24 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9694, "Ground Control Coilovers"

I just installed a brand new set of GroundControl Coilvers set for my Eclipse. I left the perches on the front shocks, but I knocked off the perches on the rear ones. The fronts are lowered all the way to the bottom of the coils but the wheels sit like at stock height. The rear coils are halfway down the coils and can still be lowered or adjusted but the coils are sitting crooked when jacked up. Should I take off the perches on the fronts or should I just leave things the way they are? What should I do?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SkrillaMay-30-02 07:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9695, "RE: Ground Control Coilovers"
In response to Reply # 0

I left mine and was still able to drop to ~2.5" front and back. I didn't use any of the bushings which let me go like an additional 1" about

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorEvuLFleAMay-31-02 04:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#9696, "RE: Ground Control Coilovers"
In response to Reply # 1

Knocking off perches = 1 minute for all 4

I knocked ALL of mine off with maxspeed and it works perfect, sits perfect, sounds perfect etc.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

BlackVengeJun-01-02 06:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
117 posts,
#9697, "RE: Ground Control Coilovers"
In response to Reply # 2

knock them off, they tap right off with a hammer. takes no time at all, and the car will sit lower, almost on the ground with them off, at least mine did.
its not the greatest pic, but i havent scanned anyothers with my car and the coilovers dropped all the way

ttyl

Matt
Exile Racing Technologies

Grass96GSJun-03-02 05:47 PM
Member since May 31st 2002
5 posts,
#9698, "RE: Ground Control Coilovers"
In response to Reply # 3

Whuts going on Peeps?? I have Weapon R coilovers with stock shox/struts. I had a tire shop(tire force) set the heighth of the perch the lowest it would go without touching my (already cut out) fenderwells. They then hydrolically bent my a-arms to correct camber and those settings. Been like this for a lil over 2 years now. anyways.. BOUNCY AS HELL, i dunno if i should get coilovers, or a spring kit(progres springs) and shox/struts, or if the shox/struts(illuminas or kyb agx) and my current WeaponR's would make the ride smooth enough to ride around in ATL. Any input?? also i have pilot front strut bar, ????rear lower bar, and 17inch wheels/45series yokos with 35psi on all 4 corners.
Walt

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9694 Previous topic | Next topic