Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29674
View in linear mode

Subject: "Emergency brake hardware..............Satan wants my first born child" Previous topic | Next topic
BluredJul-28-06 02:05 PM
Member since Apr 27th 2004
102 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29674, "Emergency brake hardware..............Satan wants my first born child"

Being Canadian is not fun when trying to find parts for these cars. Satan wants over 300 dollars for the emergency brake hardware for our cars. I need the total assembly inside the drum in disk type for our cars. Just started the conversion and realised that the hardware that i got from a local store wont fit, and the adjusting arms are waaaay to big to fit on the little E-brake shoes. So where do you guys get your parts from? Do you all go to Satan and pay these prices? Any help would be great because now i have no Emergency brakes right now because i need the car because it's my DD so i just put everything on. OR if anybody has all the parts i need for a decent price i'll definitely be willing to buy it!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamXtremeRSJul-28-06 02:46 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29676, "RE: Emergency brake hardware..............Satan wants my first born child"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-28-06 02:48 PM by XtremeRS

I tried looking for the ebrake shoes, and could only find them through the dealer..was like 90 bucks for all 4 shoes lol...I think i called every auto parts store known to man, and nobody had them. When i got my doner backing plates, all the hardware was in decent shape, so not sure with your situation..prob have to suck it up and go to satan..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

azdaveJul-30-06 12:21 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
694 posts,
#29680, "RE: Emergency brake hardware..............Satan wants my first born child"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Blured
if anybody has all the parts i need for a decent price i'll definitely be willing to buy it!

I have a pair of L&R backing plates as required for the drum-to-disc conversion with all the e-brake hardware in great shape. I will not sell just the e-brake hardware. I banged out a few dents in the dust cover, sandblasted any rust found and painted them. They also have my modification that will allow you to easily use the existing e-brake cables on your car eliminating the need to pull out the carpet and console etc. to replace the cables. My modification will allow the backing plates to be used with either e-brake cable you have installed. With the repaint and e-brake modification I will not sell these for less than $150 plus shipping to Canada. I'll ship from Tempe AZ 85281 by UPS Ground, Air etc. I take Paypal.

Be sure to see my tech topic for more help.
http://www.rcaz.com/rcaz/sub%20indexes/drum_to_disc/index.htm

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29674 Previous topic | Next topic