Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1367
View in linear mode

Subject: "Squeeking when I make left turns.. you thoughts??" Previous topic | Next topic
99_GSMar-27-01 09:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
100 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1367, "Squeeking when I make left turns.. you thoughts??"

LAST EDITED ON 27-Mar-01 AT 02:53 PM (PST)

When I make left turns I hear a.. a squeek.. you know like if bearing aren't oiled or something.. anyway I thought maybe it was the strut bar how it sorta has a twist since I most notice it when there is a slant and I am making a turn but I have noticed it on flat surfaces as well. I took the Strut bar off and it happend though not as easily.. So I thought maybe power stearing.. nope If I am rolling slow 10 or 15 mph and turn it will not happen.. or if I am sitting still I can turn the wheel left and right with no problem. When I had my car lowered the fella told me my shocks were shot.. Could this be caused by them?? Which is why I notice it more in higher speed turns, I am on that group buy for the adjustables but will be a week or so before I get them.. it is driving me crazy trying to figure it out.. I only got 22K so maybe I can get it in for the warranty if it's something else.. Anyone ever had this.. have suggestion.. what else could I look for? It's fuckin bothering me I know that and sounds ghetto.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

HadesOmegaMar-27-01 06:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1368, "RE: Squeeking when I make left turns.. you thoughts??"
In response to Reply # 0

I had a little squeak that drove me nuts in the back of my car. At first I thought it was the strut bar but whenever I tightened it it never fixed it. When I installed my new shox and springs the noise went away. So it might be your shox.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

99_GSMar-28-01 08:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
100 posts,
#1369, "RE: Squeeking when I make left turns.. you thoughts??"
In response to Reply # 1

God thats what I hope.. It bothers the hell out of me and I have elimnated everything but shocks and brakes.. and since it does it even when brakes aren't being applied. I am hoping it is shocks

JunoonMar-28-01 05:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
122 posts,
#1370, "RE: Squeeking when I make left turns.. you thoughts??"
In response to Reply # 2

umm.. check your wheel bearings...

Junoon
97-RS
automotive/industrial design student
Michigan

99_GSMar-29-01 04:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
100 posts,
#1371, "RE: Squeeking when I make left turns.. you thoughts??"
In response to Reply # 3

This may be a silly question but how does one check wheel bearings.. I mean Is there much to it other then grabing the wheel at 3:00 and 9:00,and Wiggle. Then do the same at
roughly 12:00 and 6:00. And so on. looking for Play. Anything else I should be looking for? And lets say it is wheel bearing. Is this something easy I could replace or better left to someone who knows what they are doing and should it be covered under the 35K warranty?

Thanks

99GSBBTurboMar-29-01 02:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#1372, "RE: Squeeking when I make left turns.. you thoughts??"
In response to Reply # 4

I know when you change out your springs, there is a hose like cover the coveres the top two coils, if that is not put on, then there is going to be a squeek, because the coils are rubbing against each other. Check those out to see if that's it? just my .2 cents.

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1367 Previous topic | Next topic