Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #465
View in linear mode

Subject: "MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU" Previous topic | Next topic
headturnerMar-09-05 03:04 AM
Member since Feb 09th 2005
8 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#465, "MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"

I AM NOW RUNNING A MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU I WANT TO KNOW IF ANY ONE HAS DONE THIS BEFORE IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING PRETTY WELL IT REMAPS FUEL, SPARK CURVE CHANGES TIMING AND ELIMINATES THE EGR VALVE. I DO NOT YET HAVE ALL THE SPECS BUT I WILL POST ANY SPECS I GET. I HAVE NOTICED A DIFFERENCE DOWN LOW BUT SEEMS TO TAKE SOME OFF THE TOP. ALSO THE REV LIMITER IS RASIED TO 7600 RPM. ANY INFO ON THIS ECU WOULD BE GREAT THANX...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, tim97rs, Mar-09-05 04:07 AM, #1
RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, headturner, Mar-10-05 04:40 AM, #2
      RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, Uberingram, Mar-10-05 09:15 AM, #3
           RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, coppereclipse95, Mar-10-05 09:37 AM, #4
                RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-10-05 09:48 AM, #5
                     RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, Ducking_Fumbass, Mar-10-05 11:50 AM, #6
                          RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-10-05 12:08 PM, #7
                          RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, alain95i4, Mar-10-05 03:22 PM, #8
                               RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, 97whitESi, Mar-11-05 08:02 AM, #9
                               RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, headturner, Mar-11-05 12:50 PM, #11
                          RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, headturner, Mar-11-05 09:13 AM, #10
                               RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, alain95i4, Mar-11-05 01:55 PM, #12
                                    RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, Blizare, Mar-15-05 08:26 AM, #13
                                         RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-15-05 10:39 AM, #14
                                         RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, tim97rs, Mar-16-05 05:18 AM, #15
                                              RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, run4cvr, Mar-16-05 06:48 AM, #16
                                                   RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, headturner, Mar-16-05 08:04 AM, #18
                                         RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, headturner, Mar-16-05 08:00 AM, #17
                                              RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, alain95i4, Mar-16-05 12:46 PM, #19
                                                   RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, 95dsmrsproj, Apr-02-05 03:43 PM, #20
                                                        RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, tim97rs, Apr-02-05 03:47 PM, #21
                                                             RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, alain95i4, Apr-04-05 01:23 PM, #22
                                                             RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, 95dsmrsproj, Apr-04-05 06:46 PM, #23
                                                             RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, headturner, Apr-15-05 10:40 AM, #24
                                                             RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, WickedESi, Apr-20-05 02:29 AM, #25
                                                                  RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, HadesOmega, May-03-05 01:53 PM, #26
                                                             RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, headturner, May-12-05 02:38 AM, #27
RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, ohyeah2, May-10-06 04:17 AM, #28
RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-10-06 04:37 AM, #29
      RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU, hensonmotors, May-29-06 05:47 PM, #30

tim97rsMar-09-05 04:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#466, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 0

first of...STOP YELLING!!!
Second... are you sure its a mopar ECU? where did you get it from? As far as i thought, the mopar ecu's were for Neons only and they were not interchangable over to us because of ECU pin layout.

The only ECU done/re-done for us 420a's (eclipses) was by AF/X and only for 97 MT's. how about YOU give US more details cause this may be new to us....

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

headturnerMar-10-05 04:40 AM
8 posts,
#476, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 1

the ecu came out of a 13 second NEON n/a it says mopar performance right on it. it also eliminates the down stream o2 sensor it is a 95 m/t model only.

UberingramMar-10-05 09:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#477, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 2

coppereclipse95Mar-10-05 09:37 AM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
1068 posts,
#478, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 3

pics?

1995 Eclipse RS

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-10-05 09:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#479, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 4

There's no reason why this wouldn't work. The pinouts should be the same between same year models... i've just never heard of anyone actually trying it before.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Ducking_FumbassMar-10-05 11:50 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#482, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 5

THAT is why I was wondering why it was so difficult for AFX to market different PCMs to us. I think that a big part of the delay was trying to figure out how to tell us that they were just rebadging Neon PCMs.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-10-05 12:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#483, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 6

Maybe it's a 95 thing. Dunno.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

alain95i4Mar-10-05 03:22 PM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
#486, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 7

it has been done before on 1 avenger/sebring

1997 and + are also swappable if you do some rewiring of the harness, like for the fan relay

As far as I could remember the person who did the swap lost the cruise control and AC and also had a check engine for the power steering pressure switch

he probably didn't rewired enought

Alain

one of the 2.4 true pionners

97whitESiMar-11-05 08:02 AM
Member since Mar 17th 2004
1334 posts,
#487, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 8

he probably lost CC because the ECU that was flashed to mopar performance never supported it to begin with; there are actual hardware differences so mopar can save a few bucks on the ECUs of cars that didnt get CC by not putting in the requisite relay.
the A/C though, i dunno bout that, im pretty sure the mopar performance ECU for turbododges didnt lose that.

2005 Legacy GT Ltd, Garnet Red Pearl
speak softly and spool a big turbo

headturnerMar-11-05 12:50 PM
8 posts,
#492, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 8

I DID LOOSE THE CRUISE CONTROL, NEVER HAD A/C NO CODES COME UP AS FAR AS THE POWERSTEERING

headturnerMar-11-05 09:13 AM
8 posts,
#488, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 6

LOL thats good stuff

alain95i4Mar-11-05 01:55 PM
794 posts,
#493, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 10

the mopar PCM could support cruise control on the neon but 2gnt and neons don't use the same cruise control system
same thing goes for AC it's not the same compressor

so it's probably an electric incompatibility or a wiring issue

Alain

BlizareMar-15-05 08:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#517, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 12

so where do you get this ecu?

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-15-05 10:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#518, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by Blizare

I'll take "Mopar" for a three bills, Alex.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

tim97rsMar-16-05 05:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#519, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by Blizare

www.modernperformace.com

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

run4cvrMar-16-05 06:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2477 posts,
#520, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by tim97rs
Originally posted by Blizare so where do you get this ecu?
www.modernperformace.com

How about... http://www.modernperformance.com/

John 96 GS

headturnerMar-16-05 08:04 AM
8 posts,
#522, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 16

I GOT IT FROM A FRIEND I THINK HE GOT IT FROM MODERN PERFORMANCE

headturnerMar-16-05 08:00 AM
8 posts,
#521, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 13

I got it from a friend with a 13 sec n/a neon

alain95i4Mar-16-05 12:46 PM
794 posts,
#523, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 17

how about any Chrysler dealers
or the for sale section of neons.org

Alain

95dsmrsprojApr-02-05 03:43 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2003
375 posts,
#601, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 19

Ok...this is the info we have so far: please add to it if you find more info

ENGINE CONTROLLERS
These engine controllers are a direct replacement for the production units and provide increases in both horsepower and torque.

· Easy to install

· Improves performance without affecting driveability

· Requires the use of premium fuel

- 7600 rpm rev limit

· Emission exempt **(D-265-18)
DOHC Manual Transmission

P5007034 1995
P5007036 1996
P5007038 1997-99

tim97rsApr-02-05 03:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#602, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by 95dsmrsproj
Ok...this is the info we have so far: please add to it if you find more info ENGINE CONTROLLERS These engine controllers are a direct replacement for the production units and provide increases in both horsepower and torque. · Easy to install · Improves performance without affecting driveability · Requires the use of premium fuel - 7600 rpm rev limit · Emission exempt **(D-265-18) DOHC Manual Transmission P5007034 1995 P5007036 1996 P5007038 1997-99

what are you talking about? theres no evidence of these being able to work on the eclipse platform, other than what one guy said his friend said... theres nothing to add yet.

alain95i4Apr-04-05 01:23 PM
794 posts,
#612, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 21

Originally posted by tim97rs
what are you talking about? theres no evidence of these being able to work on the eclipse platform, other than what one guy said his friend said... theres nothing to add yet.

you just need to play with the wire harness and change a few things around
mostly the fan control, on 97+ neons stopped using relay
no big deal
most peoples here will always try something fancy andimported before trying the bovious

Alain

95dsmrsprojApr-04-05 06:46 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2003
375 posts,
#619, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"

My post is based on the last line of the FIRST post..."ANY INFO ON THIS ECU WOULD BE GREAT THANX..." He wanted info...nothing says this DEFINTELY works with on the eclipse platform. I'm just trying to help out. Maybe you need to read the first post again.

headturnerApr-15-05 10:40 AM
8 posts,
#645, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"

GO FUCK YOURSELF JEW BOY IT ONLY WORKS ON THE 95 WITH A MT

WickedESiApr-20-05 02:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#669, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 24

Ask yourself, would you trust this guy ^^^ ?

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

HadesOmegaMay-03-05 01:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#734, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 25

hmm this is great news since I have a 95 hehe and they don't make crap for ecus for 95s. But I don't think it would be smog legal at least here in california even though it is a manufacturer part it has a function that disables the EGR and that's a no no in california.

So is it suppose to have a more adaptable fuel curve than the factory ECU?

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

headturnerMay-12-05 02:38 AM
8 posts,
#772, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"

SEEMS TO BE WORKING JUST FINE HAVE HAD IT IN CAR NOW FOR A WHILE
THANX

ohyeah2May-10-06 04:17 AM
Member since Mar 24th 2006
15 posts,
#2055, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 0

I noticed the other day that I have a mopar ecu. I have a 95 and my car runs fine with it as long as I fill up with 92 octane.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-10-06 04:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2056, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 28

Mopar doesn't make a performance ECU for the 95 2GNT, or any 2GNT at all. You have a stock replacement.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

hensonmotorsMay-29-06 05:47 PM
Member since May 29th 2006
1 posts,
#2095, "RE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE ECU"
In response to Reply # 29

I totally understand Mopar/Mopar Performance has never built a performance computer for a 2g. At mopar performance they are doing good to spell Talon, much less give you any info on anything about a 2gnt. I was just wondering if anyone actually looked into the wiring differences between the Computers on the neon vs the 2gnt, and if so what's the worst that could happen if you rewired it and plugged it in? Would it just not start, or any possibility of it burning up sensors? I work in the parts dept at our local dodge dealer and can get the computers relatively cheap, around 225.00 or so for a 98 model like mine. I'll see if I can get into dealerconnect and compare the wiring myself, was really curious if anyone had done wiring comparisons or not though since no one seems to want to do an ECU for a 98 model...

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #465 Previous topic | Next topic