Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2967
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Any MSers running 029v?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
KirbyJan-29-07 04:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2967, "Any MSers running 029v?"

I was thinking about upgrading to te latest stable code, and possibly even going hi res. I downloaded 29v from source forge, but when I run the copy ini.bat file it brings in 029s into ms config. I would think it should copy over 029v. Anyhow if anyone has any ideas let me know..

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
brohr01Jan-29-07 04:09 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
16 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2968, "RE: Any MSers running 029v?"
In response to Reply # 0

i could be wrong but i dont think it changes from s to v since it wasnt a major code change. 029v is just some small code changes and i think it uses the same msq file settings so you wont see the difference in the code version other than you know what it actually is. like i said i could be wrong but you should be good to go, just load up your msq and make sure of all the settings and fire your car up.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiJan-29-07 04:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2970, "RE: Any MSers running 029v?"
In response to Reply # 1

To be honest with you, I haven't yet been brave enough yet to try anything but the v29q2 that I started with. I'm also intrested in anyone's opinion that has tried it.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

ChamukoJan-29-07 08:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#2972, "RE: Any MSers running 029v?"
In response to Reply # 2

Like previously mentioned above. Its the same code but with bug fixes. No additional features etc.

It still shows as the old code due to the way the software is saved.

As long as you Dl the correct one, then its is version V, just a naming bug.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

AggressionJan-30-07 05:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#2973, "RE: Any MSers running 029v?"
In response to Reply # 3

Well I have been running the 29q2 since the beginning as well. I recently flashed it to 29t and had some issues where the car would start and idle for a little while, but then just shut off when the fans kicked on for some reason. Not sure if it was a bad flash, but I plan on trying 29v sometime this week.

Also with the ini file, any 29 ini will work...its when it goes into the 30s that you have to worry about changing it.

So I will let you know what I find out about the new firmware.

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

Teamdougie2Jan-31-07 12:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#2983, "RE: Any MSers running 029v?"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm still running 024s9

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

AggressionFeb-05-07 02:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#2996, "RE: Any MSers running 029v?"
In response to Reply # 5

I flashed 29v just the other day from previously running 29q2 and 29v works great for me so far. Went and got a tune shortly after and my car is running the best it ever has.

Plus it got rid of that warmup enrichment issue I had with the 29q2.

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi

ChamukoFeb-05-07 08:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#2997, "RE: Any MSers running 029v?"
In response to Reply # 6

yup. Lots of little bug fixes.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

AggressionFeb-05-07 01:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#2998, "RE: Any MSers running 029v?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Chamuko
yup. Lots of little bug fixes.

Darn right...my car loves this 029v...it runs better then ever. It really did work out a TON of bugs it seems. Even the accel is better as well.

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi

AggressionFeb-10-07 04:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#3009, "RE: Any MSers running 029v?"
In response to Reply # 8

So Kirby, did you run that msq I sent you for 029v?

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi

KirbyFeb-12-07 05:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#3012, "RE: Any MSers running 029v?"
In response to Reply # 9

I tried but I'm having some issues with it. What megatune version are you using? I uploaded the 029v and did the copy ini to megatune, it installed version 029s. When I loaded the MSQ up on 029s in MT it gave me 8 errors and when I open up your fuel tables your req fuel is at 4.4 and all of your ve tables are blue in the 15-30 range.. So so far I have had no luck...lol What version of megatune do you have active right now?

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2967 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic