Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2259
View in threaded mode

Subject: "About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors)" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Jul-23-06 09:42 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2259, "About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors)"
Jul-23-06 11:50 AM by gilee_8

Sup guys.
I want to confirm on the wiring, and have a question on the injectors wiring.

For MegaSquirt setup without Spark control, below is the only sensor wiring required.
1) GM Coolant Temp Sensor: directly to the new sensor
2) GM Air Temp Sensor: directly to the new sensor
3) Crank Position Sensor: tap into blue/white wire
4) Throttle Position Sensor: tap into brown/red
5) Oxygen Sensor: WBo2 sensor analog output in 5V
6) Fuel Injectors: tap into the fuel injectors wiring (question on this)

I believe the above is correct, and can use it as a reference for others.

I don't really know how to connect to the fuel injectors, the injectors connection has 5 wires: Black/Red, Green/Black, Green/Red, Yellow/Green, Yellow/Red.

I know the injectors fire in alternating Batch fire so they should be connected as inj1 & inj3 to Bank1 and inj2 & inj4 to Bank2 of the Megasquirt, but which wire is which?

Am I correct on this?
-connect Green/Black & Yellow/Greento to INJ1 and INJ2
-connect Green/Red & Yellow/Red to Injector +12V
-What is the Black/red wire? is it Ground? Or +12V?
I am very confused on the injectors connection area.

I did looked at the www.megasquirt.info page already at the injector section, but I don't know how the wiring layout is on the eclipse connector side.

Thanks all.
Gil

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
TeamXtremeRSJul-23-06 02:00 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2260, "RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors)"
In response to Reply # 0

Connect injectors 1&3 to MS bank 1, and 2&4 to MS bank 2. Just look at the wire color at each injector plug, to find what injector wire is what injector number. Injector 1 is closest to the timing belt.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

gilee_8Jul-23-06 04:05 PM
1441 posts,
#2262, "RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors)"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks.

So Black/Red wire is the V12V wire then?
Thanks.
Gil

Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

gilee_8Jul-24-06 04:05 AM
1441 posts,
#2266, "RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors)"
In response to Reply # 2

All got it.

For Fuel Injectors wiring:
1) Green/Black: connect to Cylinder 1 Injector
2) Yellow/Green: connect to Cylinder 2 Injector
3) Yellow/Red: connect to Cylinder 3 Injector
4) Green/Red: connect to Cylinder 4 Injector
(They are in order of the fuel injector adapter from left to right)

I completely finished all the hardware wiring, and fuel system and WBo2.
Now I have to move back to get the Megasquirt to work, and work on the software soon. I hope I can get my eclipse started this coming weekend.

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

MR BLUNT 2gntAug-04-06 03:47 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2002
793 posts,
#2345, "RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors)"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by gilee_8
All got it. For Fuel Injectors wiring: 1) Green/Black: connect to Cylinder 1 Injector 2) Yellow/Green: connect to Cylinder 2 Injector 3) Yellow/Red: connect to Cylinder 3 Injector 4) Green/Red: connect to Cylinder 4 Injector (They are in order of the fuel injector adapter from left to right) I completely finished all the hardware wiring, and fuel system and WBo2. Now I have to move back to get the Megasquirt to work, and work on the software soon. I hope I can get my eclipse started this coming weekend.

These wires listed above are the grounds, you connected them to Inj 1 and Inj 2 wires coming off the relay board correct? Did you connect all 4 of the Inj +12v's to the black/red wire then?

400whp or bust.

WickedESiAug-04-06 06:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2346, "RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors)"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by XtremeRS
Connect injectors 1&3 to MS bank 1, and 2&4 to MS bank 2. Just look at the wire color at each injector plug, to find what injector wire is what injector number. Injector 1 is closest to the timing belt.

Shouldn't it be injector 1&4 to bank 1, and 2&3 to bank 2? Firing order???

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

gilee_8Aug-04-06 08:00 AM
1441 posts,
#2347, "RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors)"
In response to Reply # 5

injector 1&3 to Bank 1 and inj 2 & 4 to back 2.

Those wires are all Ground. and they should be connected to INJ1 and INJ2. so 1&3 to INJ1 and 2&4 to INJ2. and the red/black wire to the INJ +12V on the relayboard.

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

TeamXtremeRSAug-04-06 09:19 AM
6329 posts,
#2348, "RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors)"
In response to Reply # 5
Aug-04-06 09:31 AM by XtremeRS

Originally posted by WickedESi
Originally posted by XtremeRS Connect injectors 1&3 to MS bank 1, and 2&4 to MS bank 2. Just look at the wire color at each injector plug, to find what injector wire is what injector number. Injector 1 is closest to the timing belt.
Shouldn't it be injector 1&4 to bank 1, and 2&3 to bank 2? Firing order???

Firing order is 1-3-4-2 Since we have injector banks 1&3 together, this means that fuel will be injected on the first bank of squirts(1&3), right when the firing is going to take place in those cylinders. 1&3 injectors fire in the fuel, cylinder 1 fires, then cylinder 3. Then injector banks 2&4 squirt in fuel, then cylinder 4 fires, then cylinder 2 fires. So basically, the MS is injecting fuel in alternating mode(mine is set to alternating, 2 squirts), so as that the injectors are giving fuel closest to that cylinders firing order. It really prob doesnt matter all that much, as fuel will get into the cylinder regardless, but it may make for better low engine speed running to have it connected like above- Inj bank 1 to car's injectors 1&3, injector bank 2 to car's injectors 2&4.

I'm *pretty sure* the MS fires each injector bank once per engine revolution( if you have it set to alternating, 2 squirts, then it would be one injector bank firing twice, every crank revolution)we have an ignition event every 180 degrees of crank rotation, which means we have an intake event every 180 degrees as well, which is 2 intake events per engine revolution. This would mean injectors 1&3 are giving fuel per engine revolution, right where those cylinders are going to be in an intake event. Then cylinders 2&4 are next for intake events, right in the next engine revolution, then the MS fires injector bank 2.

Our wasted spark coil pack fires 1&4, and 2&3, which is a bit different than the fuel side of things. This is making me think a bit too much, but i'm pretty sure i got it right lol.

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

WickedESiAug-04-06 12:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2349, "RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors)"
In response to Reply # 7

By no means am I an expert at the MS since I'm just now in the process of my first install, so correct me if I'm wrong...

If bank 1 is one wire from the megasquirt, and bank 2 is one wire, then "alternating" mode must mean it alternates squirts between bank 1 and bank 2.

Ok, now my point...

Why in the world would you want to squirt 1&3 and then 2&4??? 1&4 follow the same pattern, as well as 2&3. So, you should have them squirt in the pairs 1&4 then 2&3. If you squirted 1&3 together, then cylinder 3 would be in combustion while cylinder 1 is in intake (the proper time to squirt).

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

TeamXtremeRSAug-04-06 02:18 PM
6329 posts,
#2350, "RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors)"
In response to Reply # 8
Aug-04-06 02:22 PM by XtremeRS

If bank 1 is one wire from the megasquirt, and bank 2 is one wire, then "alternating" mode must mean it alternates squirts between bank 1 and bank 2.

Yes this is correct. But when its set to alternating, as far as I know, only one bank fires per engine revolution(360 degrees crank rotation). This means now, since we have 2 injectors connected to one MS driver, we are sending fuel to 2 cylinders per one engine revolution. We only have 2 intake events anyway, per one engine revolution.

Ok, now my point... Why in the world would you want to squirt 1&3 and then 2&4??? 1&4 follow the same pattern, as well as 2&3. So, you should have them squirt in the pairs 1&4 then 2&3. If you squirted 1&3 together, then cylinder 3 would be in combustion while cylinder 1 is in intake (the proper time to squirt).

Its not possible, according the 420a firing order, to have cylinder 3 in the combustion stroke, while cylinder 1 is at the intake stroke. If you think about it, cylinder 3 fires directly after cylinder 1, only 180 degrees apart(half crank rotaion). So with 4 strokes in one engine cycle, its not possible as the way you describe it. Going in order, lets say cylinder 1 is at TDC waiting for spark for the combustion stroke. Cylinder 3 will be at BDC, with the fresh air/fuel charge ready for compression. Taking a step back, this means that cylinder 3 recieved an intake charge 180 degrees after cylinder 1 did. So this is why you would really want to fire injectors 1&3 together, since both cylinders are getting fuel only 180 degrees apart, or half of one crank rotation. Make sense?

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

WickedESiAug-05-06 04:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2352, "RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors)"
In response to Reply # 9

Ok, I'm following you, but I was almost certain there is a parameter for number of squirts per revolution, so you can do 2 and set alternating, so you could configure it to fire injectors 1&4 and 2&3 properly.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2259 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic