Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1985
View in linear mode

Subject: " PortFueler" Previous topic | Next topic
Madoc05Apr-17-06 03:46 AM
Member since Sep 11th 2005
89 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1985, " PortFueler"

I have 450cc injectors and was going to go the route of fuel pump, injectors, sfmu, megasquirt, ect. But now I'm thinking of just getting a portfueler, while on Hahn Racecrafts webpage a came acroos some prices. Is the portfueler mounting system everthing I need or will I also need to buy control module and the calibration program software or is that all included in the system?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: PortFueler, slowmitsu, Apr-17-06 04:50 AM, #1
RE: PortFueler, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-17-06 03:57 PM, #2
      RE: PortFueler, selmerguy2003, Apr-19-06 12:28 PM, #3
           RE: PortFueler, baxsom, Apr-21-06 12:54 PM, #4
                RE: PortFueler, Ebster1085, Jun-15-09 08:50 AM, #5
                     RE: PortFueler, 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-15-09 09:48 AM, #6
                          RE: PortFueler, Ebster1085, Jun-15-09 09:52 AM, #7
                               RE: PortFueler, 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-15-09 01:18 PM, #8
                                    RE: PortFueler, Ebster1085, Jun-15-09 02:17 PM, #9
                                         RE: PortFueler, djtrickee, Jun-15-09 08:30 PM, #10
                                              RE: PortFueler, Ebster1085, Jun-15-09 10:20 PM, #11

slowmitsuApr-17-06 04:50 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1986, "RE: PortFueler"
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-17-06 04:50 AM by slowmitsu

It's all there but I would field a call over to Hahn and ask for the details.

_______

BPU'd skittle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-17-06 03:57 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#1987, "RE: PortFueler"
In response to Reply # 1

you will have to buy each piece. Hahn lists everyting separately since some people only need portions of his setup. If you buy the entire kit, its 1000.00 or a little over.

Terry

selmerguy2003Apr-19-06 12:28 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2005
288 posts,
#1995, "RE: PortFueler"
In response to Reply # 2

If those are dsm injectors you will have trouble using them with the pf. The portfuller only uses high impedance injectors.

baxsomApr-21-06 12:54 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2004
758 posts,
#2003, "RE: PortFueler"
In response to Reply # 3

my portfueler with everything that came with it minus the tach adapter since i have a msd dis2 and aeromotive 1:1 since i already had one was just over 1k and its only a few months old so use that as a price guide.

i also got the programming software. this is a definite must.

1996 eclipse GS-T
1968 Ford Mustang
2004 Suzuki GSXR600
2006 Honda CBR1000RR
Decisions Decisions

Ebster1085Jun-15-09 08:50 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#4525, "RE: PortFueler"
In response to Reply # 4

Does anyone know why I would need to use the tach adapter that I just got with my Portfueler kit?

I have a MSD ignition coil on the car now, and currently run my zeitronix tach signal line directly to my computer. Cant the ECU tach/RPM pin also serve as an RPM signal for the Portfueler?

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

420agreenvilleSCJun-15-09 09:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#4526, "RE: PortFueler"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Ebster1085
Cant the ECU tach/RPM pin also serve as an RPM signal for the Portfueler?

yes

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Ebster1085Jun-15-09 09:52 AM
531 posts,
#4527, "RE: PortFueler"
In response to Reply # 6

So then what is the point of the tach adapter? Why does Hahn include it? Is it completely unecessary?

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

420agreenvilleSCJun-15-09 01:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#4528, "RE: PortFueler"
In response to Reply # 7

they don't include it. It's an extra $50 or so. If you have an MSD ignition, the tach is not required. Not exactly sure why the brains at hahn wants you to use this rather than just tapping into your RPM signal at the ECU

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Ebster1085Jun-15-09 02:17 PM
531 posts,
#4529, "RE: PortFueler"
In response to Reply # 8

I actually spoke to Bill Hahn today and he said that becuase the 420A runs off a distributor'less ignition, the tach signal that the ECU puts out is not with what the Portfuler module looks for. The tack adapter modifies the signal to be compatable with the Portfueler module.

djtrickeeJun-15-09 08:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#4530, "RE: PortFueler"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
Not exactly sure why the brains at hahn wants you to use this rather than just tapping into your RPM signal at the ECU

Because they might know what they were doing when they built a "for the public" mod?

Originally posted by Ebster1085
I actually spoke to Bill Hahn today and he said that becuase the 420A runs off a distributor'less ignition, the tach signal that the ECU puts out is not with what the Portfuler module looks for. The tack adapter modifies the signal to be compatable with the Portfueler module.

The tach adaptor does more than just modify the stock signal, it intercepts it and provides the signal to not only the Porkfueler but also to the stock ECU emulating the stock tach wire signal and keeping the ECU from throwing a CEL.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Ebster1085Jun-15-09 10:20 PM
531 posts,
#4531, "RE: PortFueler"
In response to Reply # 10

Very interesting. Good to know. In your opinion should I also splice in my Zeitronix RPM signal wire into the tach adapter or just keep it on the ECU tach signal wire where I currently have it? The folks at Zeitronix seem to think that the ECU wire should suffice as the Zt-2 "is engineered to accept a wide variety of signals and interpret them correctly without issue"

Anyone have any experience with this same scenario?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1985 Previous topic | Next topic