Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1649
View in linear mode

Subject: "Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?" Previous topic | Next topic
rs-pssstDec-07-05 03:43 AM
Member since Nov 13th 2004
158 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1649, "Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"

I am developing new software for megasquirt!

I feel like we need a program that will graph, in realtime, data for us to tune.

We also need a program that plots data, then allows you to modify your fuel maps, without changing programs.

As of right now, the software that I am writing graphs in realtime RPM, AFR, and MAP. Many other less important variables are displayed in bar graphs.

This program is very interesting to watch while drivin

In addition to this, the program allows retrival of the fuel table and is able to trace the fuel table highlighting values, so you know approx. which kpa bins you used to squirt.

I have to still implement the writing back feature of the fuel-table to the ecu. Right now, the fuel table portion is only written for 024s9, but will soon be easyily adaptable to many more code versions.

Screen shots to come!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, Teamdougie2, Dec-07-05 04:22 AM, #1
RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, djtrickee, Dec-07-05 05:40 AM, #2
      RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-07-05 07:56 AM, #3
           RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, BOOSTED ECLIPSE, Dec-07-05 12:33 PM, #4
                RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, Chamuko, Dec-07-05 06:02 PM, #5
                     RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, rs-pssst, Dec-09-05 06:54 AM, #6
                          RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, XMasta19, Dec-09-05 10:15 AM, #7
                               RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, rs-pssst, Dec-10-05 06:20 PM, #8
                                    RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Dec-11-05 01:10 AM, #9
                                         RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, rs-pssst, Dec-11-05 05:19 PM, #10
                                              RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, corsagsbo, Dec-12-05 11:12 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, rs-pssst, Dec-12-05 01:25 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-14-05 09:25 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, rs-pssst, Dec-15-05 08:59 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-15-05 11:02 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, rs-pssst, Dec-15-05 02:08 PM, #16
                                                                            RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, rs-pssst, Dec-16-05 12:52 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-19-05 08:58 AM, #18
                                                                                      RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, rs-pssst, Dec-31-05 07:43 AM, #19
                                                                                           RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, Max-Eclipse, Jan-09-06 04:35 AM, #20
                                                                                                RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, rs-pssst, Jan-10-06 09:57 AM, #21
                                                                                                     RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, Max-Eclipse, Jan-10-06 04:58 PM, #22
                                                                                                          RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, rs-pssst, Jan-13-06 06:40 AM, #23
                                                                                                               RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-14-06 12:15 PM, #24
                                                                                                                    RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, rs-pssst, Jan-25-06 02:58 PM, #25
                                                                                                                         RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, Blizare, Feb-27-06 09:38 AM, #26
                                                                                                                              RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?, CarbonFiberRST, Mar-29-06 12:22 PM, #27

Teamdougie2Dec-07-05 04:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1650, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 0
Dec-07-05 04:22 AM by dougie2

That's awesome man! Exactly what I've been needing as of late. It would be nice to graph spark advance as well.

Let me know if you need someone to help beta testing. I have 4 MSnS'ed vehicles right now.

Get those screenshots posted!

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

djtrickeeDec-07-05 05:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#1651, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 1

That is awesome.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-07-05 07:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1652, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 2

Oh fuck yeah. I NEEEEEEED that.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

BOOSTED ECLIPSEDec-07-05 12:33 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2004
381 posts,
#1653, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 3

Excellent!

Joe
MFG Racing

95 GS
MSnS
FP3052 coming soon.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1107

http://www.cardomain.com/id/95turbogs

ChamukoDec-07-05 06:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#1654, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 4

nice, keep it up. I hope all of us cheering ya on is proof enough that we need this.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

rs-pssstDec-09-05 06:54 AM
158 posts,
#1656, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 5
Dec-09-05 06:55 AM by rs-pssst

Absolutely!

Major Benefits:
1. Traces the graph in green... if the afr goes below a user defined afr and pressure, the line will turn red in those "danger points" in (real time)

2. The VE tracer works! Highlights in red approx. the current VE bucket used on the table. I haven't even used it for tuning, but I was driving, testing it, I saw exactly where I was lean in vaccum!

Problems to work out right now:

1. Need to be able to scroll the graph with the mouse
2. Need to get writing the fuel map back to ecu working
3. Fuel map reader only works for 024s9
4. Uses alot of cpu time

Let me compile one and I will post a very very alpha version of it. Here on 2gnt even before it goes to msefi.com

XMasta19Dec-09-05 10:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#1657, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 6

^^ u go dawg ^^

-Xavier-
95 Eclipse RS-T...lost in the frozen tundra

rs-pssstDec-10-05 06:20 PM
158 posts,
#1658, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 7

Oh Yea! Just got the fuel table to write to memory! At least I think it does because I am seeing afr's change. -megatune erases the stored map upon opening for some reason. Still got some bugs to work out, but screen shots are coming very soon!

I will need some beta testers. So far the map sensors supported are the on circuit board 3-bar(MPXH6300), 4-bar(MPXH6400), GM 3-bar, GM 2.5 Bar.

Supported OS sensors are: innovative 0-5v, 1-2v, WB_Non_Above, DIY_TechE_NonL, TechEdge_Lin

Standard GM coolant and IAT sensors are required for accurate readings as of now.

Let me know if your interested.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-11-05 01:10 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#1659, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 8

send me a copy.....i will toy with it

rs-pssstDec-11-05 05:19 PM
158 posts,
#1660, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 9

Here is a screen shot:

I am just working on saving preferences to a file so you don't have to change the wideband and other settings everytime it starts up.

I am finishing up finals at school this next week, so progress this past week isn't as fast as I want. Writing code while driving is a little tricky! I will continue to work on it this week, but then go hardcore after finals.

Be assured that this program is going to blossum into a major tuning aid for all of us.

corsagsboDec-12-05 11:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#1661, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 10

niiiice.

I'm looking forward to this.
--------------------------------------
know me as santiago
boosted 420a and ej2o..(my 2liter v8 eaters)

rs-pssstDec-12-05 01:25 PM
158 posts,
#1662, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 11

Only for 024s9(right now)!!

Here is a very uncompleted version. Copy all files inside of the archive to a folder of your choice.

http://pages.cthome.net/phearz/megasquirt/SquirtLog.zip

Fuel/Spark Tables will write, but I don't want to release that version yet, because I haven't been able to go for a ride in the car tonight.

The graph only graphs in a small window because it takes up so much cpu time when it is longer. Once I figure out how to imporve this, the visible graph length will become longer.

Cheers.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-14-05 09:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1665, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 12

No workie when i try to run it on my desktop just to check it out. Do i need a specific .NET runtime for this? Will it work on something other than XP (my MS laptop runs 2K)?

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

rs-pssstDec-15-05 08:59 AM
158 posts,
#1666, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 13
Dec-15-05 09:38 AM by rs-pssst

Good question. I didn't have another operating system to test it out on other than win XP.

For any version of windows, go here to get the microsoft .net runtime:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

Also as of (12/15/05) you can dynamically add in 6 different sensors:

Spark
Coolant
IAT
RPM
AFR
MAP

Download the Latest version here:

http://pages.cthome.net/phearz/megasquirt/SquirtLog_1.01.zip

I need a way to keep track of my updates to this program, since I am doing them constantly.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-15-05 11:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1667, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 14

Sourceforge.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

rs-pssstDec-15-05 02:08 PM
158 posts,
#1668, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 15

Just requested a project page from sourceforge -should hear back within 24hrs.

New Screen Shots:

rs-pssstDec-16-05 12:52 PM
158 posts,
#1670, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 16

In version 1.02,

You are able to Burn spark/fuel tables now!

Added code version checking.

http://pages.cthome.net/phearz/megasquirt/SquirtLog_1.02.zip

Feedback and/or feature requests are welcome

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-19-05 08:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1674, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 17

My fuel pressure regulator quit on me, but as soon as I fix or replace it, i'm all over this shit.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

rs-pssstDec-31-05 07:43 AM
158 posts,
#1688, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 18

SquirtLog 1.03 released!

-Fixed Com Port selection/startup bug
-Added EGO Correction support

SourceForge page created to manage release versions better.

Download SquirtLog at SourceForge:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=155252

Max-EclipseJan-09-06 04:35 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2004
527 posts,
#1729, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 19

Question #1: Why are you using a .NET IDE previous to 2005? The Visual Studio Express versions are free, and .NET 2.0 is far better than .NET 1.x, just so you know.

Question #2: You need any help? I'll be glad to give you a hand. I've been programming in .NET for years.

My Parts For Sale - http://picasaweb.google.com/schmeling88/CarParts

Contact me if you're interested in any.

rs-pssstJan-10-06 09:57 AM
158 posts,
#1730, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 20

I used the version of visual studio that I had loaded on my computer and just went from there.

It would be great to get some contritribution from experienced .net programmers, as this was my first major attempt with programming in .net.

do you have a megasquirt to test on?

Max-EclipseJan-10-06 04:58 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2004
527 posts,
#1731, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 21

I have MSnS, but don't have it installed... (I'm trying to finish up a programming job right now to get some money to finish my car with)

I'm sure I can still help plenty though...

Problem is, I don't have VS 2003 installed anymore, and I'd really like to keep it that way. You mind downloading the 2005 express edition? (Most of your code should still work, and I will update anything that doesn't work if you would like)

My Parts For Sale - http://picasaweb.google.com/schmeling88/CarParts

Contact me if you're interested in any.

rs-pssstJan-13-06 06:40 AM
158 posts,
#1743, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 22

Sounds like a good idea, I will check out 2005, and toss ya a link for the source code.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-14-06 12:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1747, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 23

The ability to resize the window is a must. I can only see half the Y axis of the map table at 1024x768.

Where is the DIY_non_lin WB setting? Yer killin me

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

rs-pssstJan-25-06 02:58 PM
158 posts,
#1767, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 24
Jan-25-06 02:59 PM by rs-pssst

Be right on it

BlizareFeb-27-06 09:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#1804, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 25

ahem......anything new is this software or what?

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

CarbonFiberRSTMar-29-06 12:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#1929, "RE: Real-time Visual Megasquirt Logging?"
In response to Reply # 26

Originally posted by Blizare
ahem......anything new is this software or what?

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1649 Previous topic | Next topic