Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #985
View in linear mode

Subject: "Site changes" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-26-07 06:32 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#985, "Site changes"

Everyone please be patient. We are trying out some changes in site format. The goal is to make things easier to navigate and read. If you see something you like then describe and post about it.

Thanks

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Site changes, Moderatorcs82685, Jan-17-07 11:31 AM, #1
RE: Site changes, TeamDR1665, Jan-17-07 12:58 PM, #2
      RE: Site changes, cc8balla, Jan-17-07 01:29 PM, #3
           RE: Site changes, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-17-07 05:07 PM, #4
                RE: Site changes, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-17-07 06:08 PM, #5
                     RE: Site changes, dalesmitsu, Apr-23-07 12:05 AM, #6

Moderatorcs82685Jan-17-07 11:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#986, "RE: Site changes"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Everyone please be patient. We are trying out some changes in site format. The goal is to make things easier to navigate and read. If you see something you like then describe and post about it. Thanks Terry

I must say I liked when the 4g63 section was layed out yesterday so you can see each section without having to click on one to get to subsections

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665Jan-17-07 12:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#987, "RE: Site changes"
In response to Reply # 1

EVERYONE,

I think we've come to a good stopping point for this afternoon. I think things are looking pretty good, but let us know if you find any problems. As a reference, I am viewing the site in DCF mode. When using the DCF view, clicking "Expand Conferences" or "Collapse Conferences" will greatly alter the way you see the board.

If you leave things collapsed, you can click on the technical sections and see all the technical forums. Likewise if you click on any of the other conferences, they will expand for you to view the forums within. Clicking "Top" will take you back to the view with all conferences collapsed.

I've experimented with a number of options and I think this works. Please let us know if something doesn't.

Thanks,

Site Team

cc8ballaJan-17-07 01:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#988, "RE: Site changes"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by DR1665
I am viewing the site in DCF mode. When using the DCF view, clicking "Expand Conferences" or "Collapse Conferences" will greatly alter the way you see the board.

I am as well. I think this is the best way to view the site if you still like to scroll down and see all the forums. If you like it neater, then collapse the conferences.

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

eclipse982nrRSTJan-17-07 05:07 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#989, "RE: Site changes"
In response to Reply # 3

I think the site was better how it was before. I liked how the 4g63, evo and 3kgt sections were added, but it was soo much easier to get from forum to forum before. Now it is just more confusing. In my opinion, newbies are going to be even more confused now! Heck, I cant even find the F/S section

I am not the most computer literate, I will admitt that, but I must say, giving my .02, I like how it was laid out before. It was easier to jump from forum to forum like I said before, and everything was right there in front of you.

Not complaining, I love this place either way, but like I said, just my .02 that I liked it better before.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-17-07 06:08 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#990, "RE: Site changes"
In response to Reply # 4

Mike if you liek it the way it was before then go to the top of the page and click "expand Conferences". there you go.

dalesmitsuApr-23-07 12:05 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#1071, "RE: Site changes"
In response to Reply # 5
Apr-23-07 12:06 AM by dalesmitsu

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Mike if you liek it the way it was before then go to the top of the page and click "expand Conferences". there you go.

From a newbie point of view I really like this site layout. It's very organized and helpful. Believe me I need once you see my engine pixs lol but my Injen CAi adds a big wow to it. Can't wait to have it turbo'd and swap the a/t tranny.
I enjoy getting more help from here than asking Advance and others stores, they're dumb. I know more what parts available for my GS N/t than they do.

This picture, is better than a fleet of Honda's

I did recieve a smile from blonde drive a tricked out honda. She smiled with jealousy..

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #985 Previous topic | Next topic