Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #884
View in linear mode

Subject: "2gnt connection issues" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-02-06 02:52 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#884, "2gnt connection issues"

Everytime I try to open 2gnt, Mozilla says the connection cannot be completed and that the 2gnt server is taking too long to respond. I have tried from work and home on different computers. All same response. What can I do to fix this, is it my machine?

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 2gnt connection issues, TeamDR1665, Oct-02-06 03:12 PM, #1
RE: 2gnt connection issues, Moderatorxcasbonx, Oct-02-06 03:25 PM, #2
      RE: 2gnt connection issues, BlackMagic, Oct-02-06 03:35 PM, #3
           RE: 2gnt connection issues, dsmracer, Oct-02-06 05:28 PM, #4
           RE: 2gnt connection issues, TeamAvenger, Oct-02-06 05:44 PM, #5
           RE: 2gnt connection issues, Remy, Oct-02-06 06:43 PM, #6
                RE: 2gnt connection issues, Teamdougie2, Oct-03-06 08:22 AM, #7
                     RE: 2gnt connection issues, TeamAvenger, Oct-03-06 08:56 AM, #8
                          RE: 2gnt connection issues, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-03-06 10:09 AM, #9
                               RE: 2gnt connection issues, BlackMagic, Oct-03-06 11:11 AM, #10
                                    RE: 2gnt connection issues, TeamDR1665, Oct-03-06 03:43 PM, #11
                                    RE: 2gnt connection issues, vegasdsmr, Oct-04-06 06:43 AM, #12
                                         RE: 2gnt connection issues, Moderatorcs82685, Oct-04-06 08:47 AM, #13
                                    RE: 2gnt connection issues, boosted60trimrst, Nov-13-06 04:19 PM, #14

TeamDR1665Oct-02-06 03:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#885, "RE: 2gnt connection issues"
In response to Reply # 0

I could not log on at all today from work. I ran repeated tracerts to 2gnt.com and found the packet being tripped up between a couple routers for Level3.net. I also had my GF and a friend run them after Dino told me the site was up. Turns out it's likely the ISP - in our case Qwest - fucking something up as usual. All three terminals with connectivity issues are running through Qwest by my testing.

I also found a couple websites which would run a tracert to a site for you and display the results. Both of them went right through the router I was hanging on and hit their target.

I called Level3 and they told me that I would need to contact the ISP and have them troubleshoot and elevate to Level3.net if required, but everything they had tested fine.

If you're using Qwest, you're fucked. I don't even want to go to work tomorrow because of this.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorxcasbonxOct-02-06 03:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#886, "RE: 2gnt connection issues"
In response to Reply # 1

I had trouble a couple times in the morning and afternoon today logging on, but for the majority it worked most of the day...I dunno.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

BlackMagicOct-02-06 03:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#887, "RE: 2gnt connection issues"
In response to Reply # 2

I had a bunch of trouble yesterday as well, couldn't get on at all.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

dsmracerOct-02-06 05:28 PM
Member since Jan 10th 2004
92 posts,
#888, "RE: 2gnt connection issues"
In response to Reply # 3

i tried all weekend. i finally got on this morning.
in search of a new 2g....

TeamAvengerOct-02-06 05:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#889, "RE: 2gnt connection issues"
In response to Reply # 4

From home I can't get to www.2gnt.com but forums.2gnt.com works like a charm. Don't know why though. Has to be something quirky.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

RemyOct-02-06 06:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#890, "RE: 2gnt connection issues"
In response to Reply # 3

This is what I get all day .

"Error 504 '' Gateway Timeout. Try reloading the Web page.
Retype the address in your browser.
Check your computer's Internet connection."

It happens everytime I go to a thread or a diffrent section on 2gnt. I cant get into the 4g63 section at all at this point. I am just going to go away for a week or so and see if things change. Right now its just way to annoying to try to surf these forums right now.

--Remy

----------------------------------------
GT35 and stuff.
Lucky Number 6 ...

Teamdougie2Oct-03-06 08:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#891, "RE: 2gnt connection issues"
In response to Reply # 6

It's been happening to me for the last week or so... using Comcast internet, DirecWay Satellite Internet and BellSouth DSL. Something is definetely wrong.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

TeamAvengerOct-03-06 08:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#892, "RE: 2gnt connection issues"
In response to Reply # 7

Dino and I got this isolated and fixed this afternoon. It was a DNS issue that was resulting requests getting stuck in a routing loop in Level3. The address was wrong because the zone file on the DNS server got overwritten with an older version. Everyone should be up and working tonight. If you guys want it to work sooner from everywhere else add the following entries into your host file ... located typically in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc.

64.34.169.87 www.2gnt.com
64.34.169.87 forums.2gnt.com

That will ensure that you don't look to the net for DNS resolution of 2gnt.com.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-03-06 10:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
#893, "RE: 2gnt connection issues"
In response to Reply # 8

Stupid F*(&(CKING cron job overwrote my updated zones every night at 12:23. Next time I'd bounce named, shit'd be all fucked up.

This happened once before. I fixed it for good this time, though.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

BlackMagicOct-03-06 11:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#894, "RE: 2gnt connection issues"
In response to Reply # 9

Good because I was getting sad.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

TeamDR1665Oct-03-06 03:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#895, "RE: 2gnt connection issues"
In response to Reply # 10

Hooray for Dino!

vegasdsmrOct-04-06 06:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#896, "RE: 2gnt connection issues"
In response to Reply # 11

withdrawals<me...

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

Moderatorcs82685Oct-04-06 08:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#897, "RE: 2gnt connection issues"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by vegasdsmr
withdrawals<me...

same here, I hadn't been able to get on since friday or saturday. I had to resort to spending all my time on tuners and talk

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

boosted60trimrstNov-13-06 04:19 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#954, "RE: 2gnt connection issues"
In response to Reply # 10

i cant get on . it keeps going to register.com when i click on forums . i had to refresh like 20 times to write this .

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #884 Previous topic | Next topic