Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #661
View in linear mode

Subject: "how about 2gnt of the month competition?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
gramozekaFeb-11-06 02:15 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#661, "how about 2gnt of the month competition?"

I have seen this on other websites.... how about us, let's have a 2gnt of the month completion where people will submit pictures of their cars. and by popular vote some ones car will be featured on the main website for example.

I think this is a fun idea and not to hard to implement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional rigidity)
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?, totaleklipse97, Feb-12-06 10:01 AM, #1
RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?, TeamDR1665, Feb-12-06 08:27 PM, #2
      RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?, madhatter210, Feb-13-06 04:32 AM, #3
           RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?, dsmmyth, Feb-16-06 09:03 AM, #4
                RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?, madhatter210, Feb-16-06 02:15 PM, #5
                     RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?, Malenko, Feb-20-06 03:11 AM, #6
                          RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?, 96eclipse2nr, Feb-21-06 01:05 PM, #7
                               RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?, djtrickee, Feb-21-06 03:42 PM, #8

totaleklipse97Feb-12-06 10:01 AM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#662, "RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?"
In response to Reply # 0

well.. pics of the car and a small list of mods.. hell dino just make cactus fucker pic the car and put it together so you don't have to do anything

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

TeamDR1665Feb-12-06 08:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#663, "RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by totaleklipse97
well.. pics of the car and a small list of mods.. hell dino just make cactus fucker pic the car and put it together so you don't have to do anything

You forget how it was drama associated with voting for 2GNT awards that preceded the invisibility of The Pits.

Heh.

Right now, I've got to resize the Mods page buttons per Juan and touch them up with a shift key for Terry, a suspension stages article to complete with Thura, a 1G to strip, a Galant to revive, a 420A in desperate need of a new head gasket (and as of today, a new driver's seat), half a dozen boxes of shit I still haven't unpacked from when I moved into this house a month ago, and a girlfriend I adore that I want to spend some time with, so I'm a bit busy at the moment.

Even so, I know I'm not the only one who's busy like this.

madhatter210Feb-13-06 04:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#664, "RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?"
In response to Reply # 2

Drop the competition part and it is do-able

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

dsmmythFeb-16-06 09:03 AM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#665, "RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?"
In response to Reply # 3

That'd be too much like tuners. I say 2GNT of the year or semi-year.

Not enough clean cars linked to active members anyway.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

madhatter210Feb-16-06 02:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#666, "RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?"
In response to Reply # 4

How about this....the guy who donates the most each month gets a 100x40 banner of his 2gnt on the forums page.

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

MalenkoFeb-20-06 03:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#667, "RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?"
In response to Reply # 5

Ive been givin this some thought, and heres what I came up with:

random featured cars.

fill out a form (1 car per member MUST be a 2GNT)
3 or 4 pix

then the cars are featured in some sort of banner at the top of the main forum page. Applications would be reviewed prior to acceptance (Id be happy to help with this aspect) all the things of that nature.

It would eliminate the "competition" aspect and separate us from Tuners

96eclipse2nrFeb-21-06 01:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#668, "RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?"
In response to Reply # 6

meh, i remember the glory days of the annual 2gnt awards. and the pissing and moaning about people's cars being nominated and chosen far outweighed the benefits. im sure most of the mods remember, and none want the headaches

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

djtrickeeFeb-21-06 03:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#669, "RE: how about 2gnt of the month competition?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by 96eclipse2nr
meh, i remember the glory days of the annual 2gnt awards. and the pissing and moaning about people's cars being nominated and chosen far outweighed the benefits. im sure most of the mods remember, and none want the headaches

so true. but, meh, I won a trophy... heeh.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #661 Previous topic | Next topic