Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #653
View in linear mode

Subject: "Warning option" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-06-06 02:44 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#653, "Warning option"

IS it possible to put a warning meter on the user similer to what DSMtuners has. The idea on the Warning meter is that its linked to a page where the Mods document things the member has been warned for. After 5 warning the user is banned for a week. I REALLY like this idea. Hell they will even ban you for bad punctuation!

The warnings count is visible to all members but the actual warning info is visible to mods and the member only.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

.bs0dFeb-06-06 02:52 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#654, "RE: Warning option"
In response to Reply # 0

whats to stop them from just re-registering a new nick and continue to post?

If they're being *&@%$ enough to be banned, they're @$%# enough to just re-register and piss everyone off more- innit?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-06-06 04:08 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#655, "RE: Warning option"
In response to Reply # 1

Once your IP is banned you would need to find another way to the internet to re-register. If you liek i can ban you and you could try it out

.bs0dFeb-06-06 04:42 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
#656, "RE: Warning option"
In response to Reply # 2

Someone can easily mask their IP if they load a proxy. One can easily find working anonymous proxies, like this site: http://www.samair.ru/proxy/ they're all over the net.

even if you ban an IP, if someone loads a proxy you have to ban them again. The banning technique would need to be more tricky. Maybe set a cookie or something - but they could still clear those.

lets complete the rack & pinion deal, then we can test this -l8er

Max-EclipseMar-23-06 08:39 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2004
527 posts,
#688, "RE: Warning option"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-24-06 06:24 AM by Max-Eclipse

Originally posted by .bs0d
Someone can easily mask their IP if they load a proxy. One can easily find working anonymous proxies, like this site: http://www.samair.ru/proxy/ they're all over the net. even if you ban an IP, if someone loads a proxy you have to ban them again. The banning technique would need to be more tricky. Maybe set a cookie or something - but they could still clear those. lets complete the rack & pinion deal, then we can test this -l8er

Yeah, there are ways around it, but there isn't a lot you can do about it... if someone is that determined to be a retard though, chances are they don't know what a proxy is lol

--------------------------------------
My Parts For Sale - http://picasaweb.google.com/schmeling88/CarParts

Contact me if you're interested in any.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-23-06 09:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#689, "RE: Warning option"
In response to Reply # 4

This would take some rather intense coding. If i ever get really, really bored one afternoon, i might start trying something like this.

Don't expect it soon.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #653 Previous topic | Next topic