Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #628
View in linear mode

Subject: "My signiture apprears at free will?" Previous topic | Next topic
gramozekaJan-27-06 03:22 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#628, "My signiture apprears at free will?"

Some times when I reply to/create posts my signature is there and other times it is not. I was unable to establish the exact pattern, looks like a totally random event. Any ideas y this could be happening?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional regidity)
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I found exactly when this happens, gramozeka, Jan-29-06 06:34 AM, #1
RE: I found exactly when this happens, Teamdougie2, Jan-29-06 08:57 AM, #2
RE: I found exactly when this happens, gramozeka, Jan-29-06 09:58 AM, #3
      RE: I found exactly when this happens, djtrickee, Jan-29-06 10:01 AM, #4
           RE: I found exactly when this happens, gramozeka, Jan-29-06 10:08 AM, #5
RE: I found exactly when this happens, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-29-06 12:17 PM, #6
      RE: I found exactly when this happens, gramozeka, Jan-29-06 12:47 PM, #7
           RE: I found exactly when this happens, TeamDR1665, Jan-30-06 05:09 AM, #8
           RE: I found exactly when this happens, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-30-06 07:47 AM, #9
                RE: I found exactly when this happens, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-30-06 07:58 PM, #10
                     RE: I found exactly when this happens, gramozeka, Jan-31-06 02:41 AM, #11

gramozekaJan-29-06 06:34 AM
327 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#629, "RE: I found exactly when this happens"
In response to Reply # 0

I think this is a job for DarkOne

If I want to post or reply and I am not logged in. 1st I am asked for my password and username, than the messege box appears but without my signiture in it, if I refresh than the signiture appears. For any conseutive replys when I am already logged in the signiture is present. This is a little thing but it would be nice to have it fixed.

Thx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional regidity)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamdougie2Jan-29-06 08:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#630, "RE: I found exactly when this happens"
In response to Reply # 1
Jan-29-06 08:57 AM by dougie2

Login first... instead of doing it when you try to post. Better yet, login and click "remain logged in" box. Much easier than changing the code.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

gramozekaJan-29-06 09:58 AM
327 posts,
#631, "RE: I found exactly when this happens"
In response to Reply # 2

Well I kind of figured it our by myself. There are reasons why I don't save my login one of which I often use different computers.

I am saying this here so that mods get to make this best god damn forum on earth with out any glitches.

I personally don't care I would browse the forum in dos format if no alternative was available. But since this section is here to make the website better I felt obligated to mention it.

Make of it what you will. It however would be nice to have it fixed.

98 Stock Talon ESi

djtrickeeJan-29-06 10:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#632, "RE: I found exactly when this happens"
In response to Reply # 3
Jan-29-06 10:02 AM by djtrickee

Originally posted by gramozeka
Well I kind of figured it our by myself. There are reasons why I don't save my login one of which I often use different computers. I am saying this here so that mods get to make this best god damn forum on earth with out any glitches. I personally don't care I would browse the forum in dos format if no alternative was available. But since this section is here to make the website better I felt obligated to mention it. Make of it what you will. It however would be nice to have it fixed. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 98 Stock Talon ESi Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional regidity) I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

Half of the problem is because you don't have your signature in the actual signature box on your user profile. Take it out of the comments field and put it in the correct place. that way people don't keep quoting it as well. That is annoying.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

gramozekaJan-29-06 10:08 AM
327 posts,
#633, "RE: I found exactly when this happens"
In response to Reply # 4
Jan-29-06 10:09 AM by gramozeka

No it is in the signiture box, I just checked

thanks for the sugestion anyway.

98 Stock Talon ESi

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-29-06 12:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#634, "RE: I found exactly when this happens"
In response to Reply # 1

I have never seen this behavior and I post in this manner all the time. What browser are you using, and is your sig marked as edittable for every post? Uncheck that. It's annoying, and probably at least part of the issue.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

gramozekaJan-29-06 12:47 PM
327 posts,
#635, "RE: I found exactly when this happens"
In response to Reply # 6

Yep the whole issue was about editable sig option. I changed it and everything works fine now. Tried it on both firefox and ie. However if some people have this option as editable the first time they log in they will not have any signature.

thanks DarkOne.

PS I have another suggestion for the forum but don't want to start a new post. How about a simple spellchecker for message windows? It is so embarrassing when I sometimes forget to go with the MS word and read my posts later the typos and mistakes are terrible. Spelling is not one of my strong points as well as many other people here. I think it would be cool to have it implemented.

Or if there is a way around it so it will allow me to use spellchecker on computers without word and will save me a few clicks/button commbinations would be cool.

98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional rigidity)

TeamDR1665Jan-30-06 05:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#636, "RE: I found exactly when this happens"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by gramozeka
It is so embarrassing when I sometimes forget to go with the MS word and read my posts later the typos and mistakes are terrible.

While we appreciate proper spelling and grammar, we also appreciate it when people show an effort to write like adults. It's okay if you don't spell right all the time, just so long as you don't post like some g-unit retard assmarker.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-30-06 07:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#637, "RE: I found exactly when this happens"
In response to Reply # 7

I'll see what I can do. That probably won't be easy.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ModeratoreclipzGSTJan-30-06 07:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#639, "RE: I found exactly when this happens"
In response to Reply # 9

I usually read posts over once before I hit the post message button. Works for me...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

gramozekaJan-31-06 02:41 AM
327 posts,
#640, "RE: I found exactly when this happens"
In response to Reply # 10
Jan-31-06 02:41 AM by gramozeka

DarkOne Thanks at least for looking in to it.

DR1665 I can hardly speak English as is, so the g-unit retard slang is waaay out of my reach

eclipzGST

I read it over a few times then I paste it in MS word to spell check and after that I post it. Once it is posted I read it over again to marvel at my writing skills and I find a mistake, then I correct it. After some one replies to my post I glance over my post again just to find another mistake but by that time it's too late to edit.

Well any way I guess I am extra retarded. No spell check will help me but it would save me a few clicks.

98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional rigidity)

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #628 Previous topic | Next topic