Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #610
View in linear mode

Subject: "main site images" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-06-06 05:39 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#610, "main site images"
Jan-05-06 06:22 PM by Star Turbo Talon

Who altered the main site Section images? Brian?

I like them, nice touch. Only one problem, these are titles of sections and need to be capitalized.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: main site images, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-06-06 05:09 AM, #1
RE: main site images, TeamDR1665, Jan-06-06 05:27 AM, #2
RE: main site images, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-06-06 11:00 AM, #3
      RE: main site images, TeamDR1665, Jan-06-06 05:40 PM, #4
           RE: main site images, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-06-06 07:22 PM, #5
           RE: main site images, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-07-06 07:32 AM, #6
           RE: main site images, TeamDR1665, Jan-07-06 08:36 AM, #7
           sections, Moderatorjuan, Jan-19-06 07:33 PM, #8
                RE: sections, TeamDR1665, Jan-23-06 06:29 AM, #9

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-06-06 05:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#611, "RE: main site images"
In response to Reply # 0

I think they're fine

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665Jan-06-06 05:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#613, "RE: main site images"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Who altered the main site Section images? Brian? I like them, nice touch. Only one problem, these are titles of sections and need to be capitalized. Terry

As they are images/logos, the rules of grammar are a bit lax in the interest of appearances. Consider how the word "Neon" has been presented in every brochure since its inception - spelled entirely in lower case letters.

Glad you like them. I've got some other things I'm working on at the moment, but I'm not putting out anything half-assed for the home page (despite what deej might have to say about that).

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-06-06 11:00 AM
8331 posts,
#614, "RE: main site images"
In response to Reply # 2

I think they look retarded in all lower case. I dont care how others do it. Get off your ass and fix it.

TeamDR1665Jan-06-06 05:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#615, "RE: main site images"
In response to Reply # 3
Jan-06-06 05:41 PM by DR1665

I think they look retarded in all lower case. I dont care how others do it. Get off your ass and fix it.

Which one of us basically has an associates degree in graphic design, two plus years in the commercial art field, and a year of marketing experience? Oh yeah. That would be me.

EDIT:
Besides, I'm the only one who got off my ass and did anything, so how's about a nice tall cup of shut the fuck up? LOL.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-06-06 07:22 PM
8331 posts,
#616, "RE: main site images"
In response to Reply # 4

I added many of those images there so dont go there my little choad in training.

I really dont like you anymore.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-07-06 07:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#617, "RE: main site images"
In response to Reply # 5
Jan-07-06 07:33 AM by DarkOne

I actually redid every image you sent me. No offense or anything.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeamDR1665Jan-07-06 08:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#618, "RE: main site images"
In response to Reply # 5

I added many of those images there so dont go there my little choad in training. I really dont like you anymore.

I'm just talking shit out my ass. Sorry if my smart assery did not come across as being friendly, Terry.

ModeratorjuanJan-19-06 07:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#625, "sections"
In response to Reply # 4

Brian,

While I do like them, I have to say that the red drop-shadow make the text a little fuzzy. My suggestion would be to place greater emphasis on the words (i.e. slighly bigger) and reduce the size of the link images. Take that matrix of buttons down to 400 pixels high, 300 if possible.

juan

TeamDR1665Jan-23-06 06:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#626, "RE: sections"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by juan
Brian, While I do like them, I have to say that the red drop-shadow make the text a little fuzzy. My suggestion would be to place greater emphasis on the words (i.e. slighly bigger) and reduce the size of the link images. Take that matrix of buttons down to 400 pixels high, 300 if possible. juan

I've been meaning to tweak them one more time. I'll see about reducing the size of them as a group and then see what I can do about text.

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #610 Previous topic | Next topic