Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #599
View in linear mode

Subject: "2.4 L subforum in advanced section" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-20-05 12:18 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#599, "2.4 L subforum in advanced section"

This has been brought up to me by a couple members and would make searching a bit easier with the 2.4l becoming more common. There might be some difference of opinion on where the subforum should be placed. In a sense this is Engine building and could be placed in the performance section.

Opinions?

Come on guys Dino is getting bored!

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-20-05 12:43 PM, #1
RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section, greygoose, Dec-22-05 01:11 PM, #2
      RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-22-05 01:44 PM, #3
           RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section, greygoose, Dec-22-05 03:54 PM, #4
                RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Dec-23-05 04:45 AM, #5
                     RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section, greygoose, Jan-03-06 11:12 AM, #6

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-20-05 12:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#600, "RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been of the opinion that is they're just discussing the swap, it should go in Perf/Eng. If they're talking custom length rods to improve the rod ratio and raise the redline or ideal camshaft profiles to allow the motor to breathe better in their application, well, that's something else entirely.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

greygooseDec-22-05 01:11 PM
Member since Dec 11th 2005
274 posts,
#601, "RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section"
In response to Reply # 1

I think the subforum is a definite need. I don't care where it goes, but I'd like it to be full of relevant information instead of an array of topics.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-22-05 01:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
#602, "RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by greygoose
I'd like it to be full of relevant information instead of an array of topics.

You're new here, aren't you?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

greygooseDec-22-05 03:54 PM
274 posts,
#603, "RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by greygoose I'd like it to be full of relevant information instead of an array of topics.
You're new here, aren't you?

New to posting, not new to the 420a. I'd just like to see a little more hype here about the 2.4 motor. The neon sites are going crazy with this setup.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-23-05 04:45 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#604, "RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section"
In response to Reply # 4

For the neon, the 2.4 is a direct fit with a mount kit. For us the 2.4 is a custom install, mounts and brackets need to be fabricated and some wiring to make things work. That is why the Neons enjoy this and we see it as a headache until its complete.

greygooseJan-03-06 11:12 AM
274 posts,
#605, "RE: 2.4 L subforum in advanced section"
In response to Reply # 5

Hopefully we've got a couple of guys working on mount kits as well.

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #599 Previous topic | Next topic