Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #560
View in linear mode

Subject: "I am full of ideas, applies to the main site and the forum" Previous topic | Next topic
gramozekaNov-19-05 10:28 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#560, "I am full of ideas, applies to the main site and the forum"

I just have done a DIY with pictures. Some of those might be too big, so it would be a nice feature to be able to turn on/off the pictures. In the off mode just display their address so they can be opened in a new window or something.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonNov-19-05 10:35 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#561, "RE: I am full of ideas, applies to the main site and the forum"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll work on it tomarrow evening, right now the text is up. so others can use it

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-19-05 11:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
#564, "RE: I am full of ideas, applies to the main site and the forum"
In response to Reply # 1

You can set this yourself in your browser depending on which one you use. FireFox can do this.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

gramozekaNov-20-05 04:01 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
#565, "RE: I am full of ideas, applies to the main site and the forum"
In response to Reply # 2

DarkOne I did not know about that option on the browser. I have to report unlike some other websites the 2gnt forum looks pretty good with out the pictures. I have to say that most of the time I have fast connection and don't have to worry about pictures however i think it would still be nice to have an option to take pictures out of the post (just out of the post not all the other little icons) with a link displayed for them, with pictures off feature I did not find a way to access them.

I don't know it might be too much work so it's up to you to see if it is worth doing (time to implement vs # of people to use it) but complains about large pictures do come up once in a while.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs, and UDP
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now

MalenkoNov-22-05 11:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#573, "RE: I am full of ideas, applies to the main site and the forum"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by gramozeka
I don't know it might be too much work so it's up to you to see if it is worth doing (time to implement vs # of people to use it) but complains about large pictures do come up once in a while.

typically threads that contain large images have some sort of 56K warning; While its true not every thread that needs one has it, it seems to me that added an images off option to the website seems a bit excessesive especially considering what Dino has stated (about FireFox having the no images option).

Thom

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #560 Previous topic | Next topic