Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #548
View in linear mode

Subject: "Got another sugestion" Previous topic | Next topic
gramozekaNov-12-05 03:53 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#548, "Got another sugestion"

TodaI decided to get tune up parts for my car, but I was on a rush actually the only thing I needed to know special number for were the sparkplugs. So I remember reading somewhere that recommended NGK were one heat range lower or higher didn’t remember exactly. Now if I went to the FAQ section right away I would quickly find the info, but I thought that info would be in Mod Tech section took me long time to get to FAQ

The point is the main site is useful for research, but badly organized for quickly retrieving the info.

#1 Search button actually as I was writing this I remembered that google does search for specific location if I put this: "spark plugs" site:http://www.2gnt.com/ in google window the FAQ page is the first one to come up. I think they can create a page for you and than you can just post a link on the main page. Example: http://www.poly.edu/search/ they gust use google to search their website
#2 Better organization. For example I found my way to the Maintenance/Diagnostics section but there was no info what so ever on regular maintenance such as tune up, transmission tune up, oil changes some thing might need to be revised.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-12-05 04:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#549, "RE: Got another sugestion"
In response to Reply # 0

We're working on reorganizing the main site.

Paging Star Turbo Talon to thew white courtesy phone....

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonNov-15-05 07:55 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#554, "RE: Got another sugestion"
In response to Reply # 1
Nov-15-05 07:57 AM by Star Turbo Talon

Lot of good points Gramozeka.

Once I get the Mods portion of the main site re-orged (you can see it is in the middle of some work) i am going to begin working on some of the info for the maintenance section. As far as tune-ups go, there isnt any info that has been added there. This part of the site has suffered with the forum requiring so much attention.

If you like, organize and write a page for tune-up info and i will add it to the maintenance section. There are a lot of various write-ups we need to get added, that is just 1.

Once i have completed my clean-up i will be posting in the general part of the forum for ideas and write-ups to be added. I am almost done, another day of so.

Terry

gramozekaNov-15-05 10:36 AM
327 posts,
#555, "RE: Got another sugestion"
In response to Reply # 2

I didn’t know there is so much work going on... great job!
I will not be able to write a tune up paper yet too much college work. How ever at the first opportunity I will get on it, if by that time some one else won’t do it.

ModeratoreclipzGSTNov-19-05 07:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#557, "RE: Got another sugestion"
In response to Reply # 3

It's actually one range colder and it applies to the factory turbo DSM's. If that applies to you, you should have just searched the 1G section. The part # has been posted in there numerous times.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

gramozekaNov-19-05 10:24 AM
327 posts,
#559, "RE: Got another sugestion"
In response to Reply # 4

Thanks for reply, I did find what I was looking for, and my DSM is a 98 so it doesn't make sense for me to search 1g part. Actually my avatar might mislead u I will add some signature describing my car

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #548 Previous topic | Next topic