Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #254
View in linear mode

Subject: "Some stuff I modified..." Previous topic | Next topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-12-05 12:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#254, "Some stuff I modified..."
May-12-05 12:55 PM by DarkOne

Fixed:

• AOLIM text link in profiles

Changed:

• Alert link text is now more explanitory and hopefully gets used more often.

• Removed some message links normal users can't use anyway to reduce clutter.

Added:

• User Menu -> Buddy list now actually tells you when your buddies were last seen, as well as if they're online (online determined by activity in the last 15 minutes)

• Search link now displays in a lot more places.

• Chat link now displays in a lot more places.

• There is now a direct link to your PM Inbox displayed on the forum main button menu.

• Popup blocker warning on the "join chat" button

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Some stuff I modified..., totaleklipse97, May-12-05 12:58 PM, #1
RE: Some stuff I modified..., TeamDR1665, May-12-05 01:17 PM, #2
      RE: Some stuff I modified..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-25-05 06:53 AM, #3
           RE: Some stuff I modified..., a_miller_76, May-25-05 06:56 AM, #4
           RE: Some stuff I modified..., djtrickee, May-25-05 07:36 AM, #5
                RE: Some stuff I modified..., madhatter210, May-25-05 08:19 AM, #6
                     RE: Some stuff I modified..., 420a-Tnthewerks, May-25-05 09:37 AM, #7
                          RE: Some stuff I modified..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-26-05 07:17 AM, #8
                               RE: Some stuff I modified..., turbo8u, May-26-05 08:17 AM, #9
                               RE: Some stuff I modified..., 420a-Tnthewerks, May-26-05 12:52 PM, #10
                                    RE: Some stuff I modified..., djtrickee, May-26-05 03:39 PM, #11
                                         RE: Some stuff I modified..., 420a-Tnthewerks, May-26-05 06:08 PM, #12
                                              RE: Some stuff I modified..., djtrickee, May-27-05 05:45 AM, #13
                                                   RE: Some stuff I modified..., a_miller_76, May-27-05 06:45 AM, #14
                                                        RE: Some stuff I modified..., 420a-Tnthewerks, May-27-05 09:12 AM, #15
                                                             RE: Some stuff I modified..., djtrickee, May-27-05 09:41 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: Some stuff I modified..., 420a-Tnthewerks, May-27-05 10:15 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: Some stuff I modified..., djtrickee, May-27-05 12:13 PM, #18
                               RE: Some stuff I modified..., 420a-Tnthewerks, May-28-05 08:00 AM, #19
                                    RE: Some stuff I modified..., 420a-Tnthewerks, May-29-05 02:50 PM, #20

totaleklipse97May-12-05 12:58 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#255, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 0

that is absolutely great... i started to notice this stuff and instantly thought KICKASS!!!

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665May-12-05 01:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#256, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by totaleklipse97
that is absolutely great... i started to notice this stuff and instantly thought KICKASS!!!

I am going to "report this post to admin." Thanks as always to all our 2GNT staffers for keeping this place running smoothly.

(If it's sincere, it's not ass kissing.)

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-25-05 06:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
#261, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 2

*sigh*

No one cares.

Any feature requests? I may feel the bug this afternoon.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

a_miller_76May-25-05 06:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#262, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by DarkOne
*sigh* No one cares. Any feature requests? I may feel the bug this afternoon.

The 2gnt brown-nose cadet noticed.

djtrickeeMay-25-05 07:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#263, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 3

*sigh* No one cares. Any feature requests? I may feel the bug this afternoon.

I noticed. tis all good. Quite frankly I haven't noticed anything acting up lately. Smooth sailing.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

madhatter210May-25-05 08:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#264, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 5

You know what would be something, having a search feature page. Meaning you goto the search page and it contains maybe 2 dozen common search words/phrases. Just something for the search challenged when they say "I could not find it when I searched". I think the problem most challenged people are having is not understanding what they are looking for during a search where keywords and phrases on hand would maybe help alot.

Also the search funtion brings up keywords which it seems alot of people are using in their sigs now, I have noticed this alot when I was looking for info.The post I look at has nothing to do with what I want, it was brought up in search because of someones sig.
Just some ideas to keep you busy lol.

I think my favorite addition is the ability to go right to "inbox"

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

420a-TnthewerksMay-25-05 09:37 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#265, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by madhatter210
You know what would be something, having a search feature page. Meaning you goto the search page and it contains maybe 2 dozen common search words/phrases. Just something for the search challenged when they say "I could not find it when I searched". I think the problem most challenged people are having is not understanding what they are looking for during a search where keywords and phrases on hand would maybe help alot. Also the search funtion brings up keywords which it seems alot of people are using in their sigs now, I have noticed this alot when I was looking for info.The post I look at has nothing to do with what I want, it was brought up in search because of someones sig. Just some ideas to keep you busy lol. I think my favorite addition is the ability to go right to "inbox"

Those are some good idea's. The keywords and somehow not make the sig's not "count" in a search.

I also use the "inbox" feature quite a bit.

I also like the idea of having a place to "feature" your car, but I know that would be a huge pain in the arse.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-26-05 07:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
#266, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 7

I've actually been thinking of adding a blog-like section for the site, so you can do just that...

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

turbo8uMay-26-05 08:17 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#267, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 8

i was just thinkin maybe we could have like a list of 'recent searches' (most recent) that constantly updates or something next to the search box. where it shows what searches members have done on various topics. that way, common problems like a reverse sensor for example, can just be fresh in peoples browsers in case they want to read up something they might not know.

that way we're always seeing common problematic areas and most common research

420a-TnthewerksMay-26-05 12:52 PM
2267 posts,
#270, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by turbo8u
i was just thinkin maybe we could have like a list of 'recent searches' (most recent) that constantly updates or something next to the search box. where it shows what searches members have done on various topics. that way, common problems like a reverse sensor for example, can just be fresh in peoples browsers in case they want to read up something they might not know. that way we're always seeing common problematic areas and most common research

I bet people will always put stuff like "buttseks" or some shit in there lol.

djtrickeeMay-26-05 03:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#271, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 10
May-26-05 03:40 PM by djtrickee

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
Originally posted by turbo8u i was just thinkin maybe we could have like a list of 'recent searches' (most recent) that constantly updates or something next to the search box. where it shows what searches members have done on various topics. that way, common problems like a reverse sensor for example, can just be fresh in peoples browsers in case they want to read up something they might not know. that way we're always seeing common problematic areas and most common research

well NOW they will since you suggested it.

EDIT: and please god, for all thats holy and right, don't make a blog. thats the last thing we need around here... no one wants to read a 15 minute play-by-play day in brian's life... lol.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

420a-TnthewerksMay-26-05 06:08 PM
2267 posts,
#272, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by turbo8u i was just thinkin maybe we could have like a list of 'recent searches' (most recent) that constantly updates or something next to the search box. where it shows what searches members have done on various topics. that way, common problems like a reverse sensor for example, can just be fresh in peoples browsers in case they want to read up something they might not know. that way we're always seeing common problematic areas and most common research

I can't be the only genius on this board to be able to think of that.

djtrickeeMay-27-05 05:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#273, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 12

I can't be the only genius on this board to be able to think of that.

Its not the geniouses I'm worried about. its the other 99.9% of this crowd... lol

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

a_miller_76May-27-05 06:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#274, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 13

Its not the geniouses I'm worried about. its the other 99.9% of this crowd... lol

OMG so true.

420a-TnthewerksMay-27-05 09:12 AM
2267 posts,
#275, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 14
May-27-05 09:16 AM by 420a-Tnthewerks

Originally posted by a_miller_76
Originally posted by djtrickee Its not the geniouses I'm worried about. its the other 99.9% of this crowd... lol
OMG so true.

Says the two people that most likely would of done it lol.

BTW, you spelled geniuses wrong.

djtrickeeMay-27-05 09:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#276, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by djtrickee Its not the geniouses I'm worried about. its the other 99.9% of this crowd... lol
OMG so true.

Hardly, dipshit.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

420a-TnthewerksMay-27-05 10:15 AM
2267 posts,
#277, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 16

OMG so true.
Hardly, dipshit.

Oh sorry, here let me put my emoticons in with the "lol":

djtrickeeMay-27-05 12:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#278, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 17

OMG so true.
Hardly, dipshit.
Oh sorry, here let me put my emoticons in with the "lol": Says the two people that most likely would of done it lol.

thats better dipshit

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

420a-TnthewerksMay-28-05 08:00 AM
2267 posts,
#279, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 8

I've actually been thinking of adding a blog-like section for the site, so you can do just that...

What kind of blog we talkin about here? Just like have pictures and updates and/or mod list/times/numbers of the car? That would be pretty cool.

420a-TnthewerksMay-29-05 02:50 PM
2267 posts,
#280, "RE: Some stuff I modified..."
In response to Reply # 19

Nobody else has any opinions on this?

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #254 Previous topic | Next topic