Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #240
View in linear mode

Subject: "Chat doesnt seem to work....at all." Previous topic | Next topic
ShadowWulfMay-03-05 11:03 AM
Member since Jan 24th 2005
95 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#240, "Chat doesnt seem to work....at all."

Heya, i finally decided to check out the chat and it seems like it doesnt do ANYTHING.

I can get to the list of rooms, view the names. I hit LETS GO! on general chat, and the page just reloads. Nothing changes except now my username is listed as being in the chat room...though there isnt even a chat room to view. This happens on Mozilla Firefox (latest version) and IE (fully updated).

Is the link supposed to open up MIRC? If so that may be my problem but im not about to reinstall that unless i need to. Is it a Java app? (i have latest Java installed, and FLASH). Just...whats it supposed to BE so i can troubleshoot it? My computer stats are below if it helps anybody diagnose whats up.

P4 HT 3.6 Ghz (overclocked) / 2 GB Ram / Radeon 9800 PRO 256Mb (overclocked)/ Windows XP SP 2 fully updated / 600W Raptor PSU / Dual RAID-0 250 GB HD's (500GB total storage) / Tripple booting WINXP-Mandrake 10.1-Redhat 9 / has more than enough cooling with 6 80mm fans / Using Mozilla Firefox for most everything, computer is SERIOUSLY optimized for gaming so maybe a registry tweak may of caused the problem?

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1167

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all., ModeratorEvuLFleA, May-03-05 11:08 AM, #1
RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all., turbo8u, May-03-05 11:18 AM, #2
RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all., TeamDR1665, May-03-05 11:26 AM, #3
      RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all., turbo8u, May-03-05 12:02 PM, #6
RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-03-05 11:47 AM, #4
      RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all., whodatt1, May-03-05 11:55 AM, #5
           RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all., ShadowWulf, May-03-05 01:09 PM, #7
                RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all., TeamDR1665, May-03-05 01:22 PM, #8
                     RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all., ShadowWulf, May-03-05 01:29 PM, #9
                          RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all., Malenko, May-08-05 02:20 PM, #10

ModeratorEvuLFleAMay-03-05 11:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#241, "RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by ShadowWulf
P4 HT 3.6 Ghz (overclocked) / 2 GB Ram / Radeon 9800 PRO 256Mb (overclocked)/ Windows XP SP 2 fully updated / 600W Raptor PSU / Dual RAID-0 250 GB HD's (500GB total storage) / Tripple booting WINXP-Mandrake 10.1-Redhat 9 / has more than enough cooling with 6 80mm fans / Using Mozilla Firefox for most everything, computer is SERIOUSLY optimized for gaming so maybe a registry tweak may of caused the problem?

You'd think you would be able to figure out it's your popup blocker.

Tools -> Options -> Web Features -> Block Popups

Allow popups for 2gnt.com

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

turbo8uMay-03-05 11:18 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#242, "RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all."
In response to Reply # 1

i was banned from the chat till 2008

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

TeamDR1665May-03-05 11:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#243, "RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by turbo8u
i was banned from the chat till 2008

You're kidding me! OMG. (Snicker) That's funny do0d.

Serious? That's like saying you run with scissors or something. Haha.

turbo8uMay-03-05 12:02 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#247, "RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by turbo8u i was banned from the chat till 2008
You're kidding me! OMG. (Snicker) That's funny do0d. Serious? That's like saying you run with scissors or something. Haha.

haha, yea....serious. dino loves me.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-03-05 11:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#245, "RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by EvuLFleA
You'd think you would be able to figure out it's your popup blocker

You'd think.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

whodatt1May-03-05 11:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#246, "RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all."
In response to Reply # 4
May-03-05 11:57 AM by whodatt1

lol, too much computer there to handle??

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

ShadowWulfMay-03-05 01:09 PM
95 posts,
#249, "RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all."
In response to Reply # 5

Guys, i dont HAVE a pop-up blocker. This computer is set up for performance, just about every service, mozilla and IE app or extension is disabled. The pop-up blocker, internal with the program or external is non-existant.

TeamDR1665May-03-05 01:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#250, "RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by ShadowWulf
Guys, i dont HAVE a pop-up blocker. This computer is set up for performance, just about every service, mozilla and IE app or extension is disabled. The pop-up blocker, internal with the program or external is non-existant.

I guess you're just fucked, then, buddy.

ShadowWulfMay-03-05 01:29 PM
95 posts,
#251, "RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all."
In response to Reply # 8

about:config

browser.tabs.ForceHide = True

OOPS, should be set to false. It was opening the new tab, just wasnt displaying it because im an idiot and no longer rember my reason for even changing this value in the first place

MalenkoMay-08-05 02:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#252, "RE: Chat doesnt seem to work....at all."
In response to Reply # 9

*points and laughs*

hey, at least you figured it out though

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #240 Previous topic | Next topic