Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #194
View in linear mode

Subject: "2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?" Previous topic | Next topic
Smoke HondaApr-07-05 09:53 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
563 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#194, "2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?"

I've been thinking about this for awhile now. I think we could have a donation page set up in the for sale forum. I think we all have little pieces here and there that we need and need to get rid off. Things that is not worth even selling, nuts bolts, altezzas, or even plastic fender wells. Even broken things that can be salvage that poeple that don't want to fix could be donated(Cd players with a broken DIN ect..).

I happened to see this on other auto forums, it works by opening up on what you have and what you're willing to donate, NOT by requesting parts. For example, I sold my eclipse and have a set of stockers (which I do), and know that I can't really get any money for it, so I will post up that I have a set of rims that I am willing to give away. These rims are probly worth nothing to me but to someone who's about to trade in their cars or something could really use it. This would also help members that is in trouble, like poeple that is low on cash and need some tires to travel to work. Or even rookies that is starting out modding their cars, and needs to take the rims off their cars. The donor have no obligation to what they are donating, if they don't want to ship, fine. If the member gives something that is broken, then oh wells, it was free to begin with. Or if they happened to need it at the last second, they can choose not to send it or let the other person pick it up. I think it's best this way, so no moderators will be needed in this section, and people would have nothing to complain about.

Before and after I sold my car, I've given to other members, and things have been given to me. The 2g eclipse is getting older now, and things are starting to rust, break and rattle. A couple of bolts here and there wouldn't hurt, but would make a member that can take from this appreciate this forum even more. I don't want this to become a charity forum, but I would like (like most people that owns a 2gnt) to see the car stay running strong and on the road forever.

So if you have like 3 lug nuts, a broken CD player, or a oem spoiler bracket laying in the garage right now, you probaly should donate to do this for the greater good of the 2gnt community. Mods, please really consider this request. And long live the 2gnt!!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?, Uberingram, Apr-08-05 03:28 AM, #1
RE: 2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Apr-08-05 03:29 AM, #2
      RE: 2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?, TeamJeff_99gs, Apr-08-05 04:18 AM, #3
           RE: 2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Apr-08-05 04:21 AM, #4
                RE: 2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?, Smoke Honda, Apr-08-05 10:44 AM, #5
                RE: 2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?, Smoke Honda, Apr-08-05 10:47 AM, #6
                     RE: 2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?, Malenko, May-08-05 02:23 PM, #7

UberingramApr-08-05 03:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#195, "RE: 2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?"
In response to Reply # 0

Seems like a little too much liability for the site. Noble goal though.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorEvuLFleAApr-08-05 03:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#196, "RE: 2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?"
In response to Reply # 1

Post a link to the other forum that does it.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

TeamJeff_99gsApr-08-05 04:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#197, "RE: 2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?"
In response to Reply # 2

It would be a free-for-all. People would take parts just because they are free. Who knows though, maybe it will work.

ModeratorEvuLFleAApr-08-05 04:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#198, "RE: 2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
It would be a free-for-all. People would take parts just because they are free. Who knows though, maybe it will work.

Yeah assholes like me would gobble it up and sell it on eBay.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Smoke HondaApr-08-05 10:44 AM
563 posts,
#202, "RE: 2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?"
In response to Reply # 4
Apr-08-05 10:47 AM by Smoke Honda

www.team-integra.net I dunno where the post is, but it does come up quarterly.

Smoke HondaApr-08-05 10:47 AM
563 posts,
#203, "RE: 2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by EvuLFleA
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs It would be a free-for-all. People would take parts just because they are free. Who knows though, maybe it will work.
Yeah assholes like me would gobble it up and sell it on eBay.

I was talking about misc. stuff. Stuff I do not sell, but can be of use.

MalenkoMay-08-05 02:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#253, "RE: 2gnt Donation bin!!!!! Can we have one?"
In response to Reply # 6

more often then not when someone wants something trivial that I happen to have, I ask them to donate to the site isntead of giving me money, while Ive only personally donated like 5 bux to 2gnt over all, Ive gotten alot of other people to donate 1-10 dollars here and there.

Its not a biggest dick contest, we all know turbo8u is the biggest dick*, its all about fundraising imo.

Thom

* this joke written as a way of sucking up to Dino, no personal offense should be taken.

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #194 Previous topic | Next topic