Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #1193
View in linear mode

Subject: "Automatic thread locking" Previous topic | Next topic
foggy45Feb-22-08 10:48 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1193, "Automatic thread locking"

is there a way to automaticaly lock a thread that is say 1 year old?
or would you have to do it manually? (i'd volunteer to manually lock them if you need someone to do it)

i bring this up so that we might curb this trend of bumping 5-7 year old threads.

then if you absolutly have pertenent or valuable updated information (transmission fluid thread comes to mind) then you can page a mod and explain to them the info so it can get bumped and updated.

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

djtrickeeFeb-22-08 11:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1194, "RE: Automatic thread locking"
In response to Reply # 0

2 posts below.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=53&topic_id=1186&mesg_id=1186&page=

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665Feb-22-08 12:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#1195, "RE: Automatic thread locking"
In response to Reply # 1

You are the one bringing back old threads.

djtrickeeFeb-22-08 01:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#1196, "RE: Automatic thread locking"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by DR1665
You are the one bringing back old threads.

Lol. what?

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

foggy45Feb-22-08 02:31 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#1197, "RE: Automatic thread locking"
In response to Reply # 3

Doh! sorry i missed that. i was just in a bent mood today (children force lack of sleep) and just posted my rant.

but
i still volunteer to lock old threads if it cant be done automatically!

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-04-08 06:54 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#1200, "RE: Automatic thread locking"
In response to Reply # 4

We have peole to do it but there are many reason for someone to raise a post. Thats why we push people to search the information and if they need clarification then simply post in it.

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #1193 Previous topic | Next topic